PDA

View Full Version : Veteran WoC Player's Opinions Needed!!

Rael
11-11-2008, 23:53
Here's the deal.

In a couple of weeks I got a 2000pt Tourny coming up with no restrictions on special characters. I'm going to be taking Kotec Suneater as my General for no other reason than I have Shaggoth model. What I'm having a problem with is the fine details. I'll briefly post what I'm taking for sure (my available models also have an influence on how I'm go put my list together) before I go on.

Kholek Suneater

Khorne Battle-Standard w/ Daemoic Steed

Scroll Caddy Sorceror

3x 5 Horsemen w/ Flails, Musician

2x Giants

4x 4 Ogres

What I'm trying to do now is put together this list so that tactically these units work together to give me the best chance to win. I'll list what my main concerns are with each unit.

Horsemen - Not sure what Mark to take. Leaning towards nothing or Slaanesh. These are the screeners for my Ogres so I need them to be able to run through my Ogres and rally after. Although with Slaanesh they might accomplish something against Fear causing units.

Giants - Marks again are my main concern. Between Nurgle and Slaanesh. Both have good benefits. I plan to push up my Giants, hold, and flank with my other stuff.

Ogres - I think I'm set with Mark of Khorne as they will have the Horsemen in front which will help them in not getting lead all over the place. These obviously will be my hard hitters. What I am having a hard time deciding is their equipment. 2 units for sure will have great-weapons. I'm seriously considering giving the other 2 extra hand-weapons for tactical variety but I'm seriously tempted to run them all great-weapons. As for command, not sure if I should take any, maybe a musician or Champion (Do Ogre Champions roll on the God's table for bonuses?). Also 4 each unit too many?

Scroll Caddy - Is this enough, or should I get two Sorcerors and hope for a half decent Magic Phase.

Guys, I need your help. I'm new with WoC and want to win this tourney and we all know these are won with the small details.

Cheers!

DasKhorne
12-11-2008, 02:21
take out ur BSB and add in throgg, then drop ur ogres and buy trolls, then you'll be fine

GOOD LUCK:chrome:

Kalec
12-11-2008, 04:30
Two scroll caddies will be essential to keeping Kholek alive.

Agree with using throgg and trolls over the khorne guy and ogres. With trolls filling your core, you can drop the horsies for some DOgres with great weapons, or knights.

Two giants works well because it gives you three large terror-causers, which will hopefully be enough to ensure one of them survives to reach combat.

Rael
12-11-2008, 11:10
I like your suggestions of using the Troll King but the problem is I already have all my models. I'm just trying to fine tune it as much as possible.