PDA

View Full Version : Children of the Light [2k Empire Cavalry)

Dragonreaver
12-11-2008, 00:35
Here's an army I've been thinking of doing. Every time I come across the Children of the Light in the Wheel of Time books, I keep thinking about army list ideas for them. So I've finally gotten around to drafting out something a bit like it... Obviously I had to make a few decisions that go against the book, but I tried to stick to the theme as much as possible. Text in parentheses is the fluff name for the unit/character.

Templar Grand Master @ 220 Pts
(Lord-Captain Peder Gamst)
General; Great Weapon; Immune to Psychology
Dawn Armor
The White Cloak
8x Inner Circle Knights @ 298 Pts
(The Hand Of The Light)
Preceptor (Inquisitor Morden); Mus; Std; Great Weapon (x8); Full Plate Armor; Banner of the Daemonslayer

8x Knights @ 224 Pts
(Garsh's Band)
Preceptor (Lt. Garsh); Mus; Std; Great Weapon (x7); Full Plate Armor

8x Knights @ 224 Pts
(Krennel's Band)
Preceptor (Lt. Garsh); Mus; Std; Great Weapon (x7); Full Plate Armor

Captain of the Empire @ 84 Pts
(Captain Alim Corben)
Barded Warhorse; Lance; Pistol; Full Plate Armor; Shield
9x Knights @ 247 Pts
(Ferran's Band)
Preceptor (Lt. Ferran); Mus; Std; Lance & Shield (x9); Full Plate Armor
6x Pistoliers @ 114 Pts
(Ferran's Pistoliers)
Outrider (Pistol + Repeater Pistol)

Captain of the Empire @ 84 Pts
(Captain Lijah Baero)
Barded Warhorse; Lance; Pistol; Full Plate Armor; Shield
9x Knights @ 247 Pts
(Tellis's Band)
Preceptor (Lt. Tellis); Mus; Std; Lance & Shield (x9); Full Plate Armor
6x Pistoliers @ 114 Pts
(Tellis' Pistoliers)
Outrider (Pistol and Repeater Pistol)

7x Outriders @ 171 Pts
Mus; Champion (Grenade Launching Blunderbuss); Light Armour

Total Roster Cost: 2000

The basic idea is, two 'big blocks' of 10 cavalry, each led by a Captain and supported by a unit of 6 pistoliers for harassing, LoS blocking and charge support (much like a foot unit would have a detachment).

Two smaller units of Knights to sure-up the flanks, provide the enemy with more targets that aren't my Lord, and charge stuff.

One big eggs-in-one-basket, mistake-waiting-to-happen Lord unit, just itching to be a huge disappointment. But on the surface of it, 9 hard-ass, fear-causing strength 5 guys, one of whom has four attacks and three wounds... that ain't bad. On the charge (which let's face it... they bloody BETTER be getting most of the time) that's 22 Str 5 attacks. Then the enemy, if there's any left, will often have to pass a LD test just to strike back.

Lastly, a unit of Outriders for War Machine hunting.

I'm considering swapping out the Lances for GWs on the 'big' blocks of knights. While a 1+ save is nice, they probably won't need it much after chucking down 24 S5 attacks. Lance's are for pansy Bretonnians on their jousting fields, not these badass Inquisitorial Henchmen type guys. Great Weapons all the way!

Thoughts?

Edit: Just noticed something: the Banner of Daemonslaying, while cool, is a tad useless in Lordy's unit. They all have GW's, so they strike first on the charge then strike last thereafter. Which means that if they wipe the unit out, the Daemonslayer banner doesn't get used at all, and if they don't then the opponent will strike first in the next round anyway, so even if the Banner does get successfully used in the first round and they fail the test, they still get to attack in the next round before the Knights get to finish them off. Bugger.

Any ideas for the newly-spare 50pts? :p Valour is pointless because the unit is immune to psychology anyway. Steel Standard sounds good... so that leaves 30pts. If I take away both Pistolier units champion's repeater pistol and both their musicians I can bump the Lord's unit up to 10...