PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Madness: 2000 pts

Banimal
12-11-2008, 04:37
I was just playing around with the VC army Book and I came up with this. I didn't want it to be tourney worthy, but competitive in casual games would be nice, and I'd love to hear comments on the equipment/powers of the vampires

Vampire Lord: Lvl 3 wizard, Supernatural Horror, Lord of the Dead, Aura of Dark Majesty, The Cadaverous Cuirass, Blood Drinker-300 pts
(Sticks with the Grave Guard and just proceeds to chop everything up once they get into combat. I love the idea of combat vampires and if I made this list I would model the vamps after the medieval vampires in Underworld Evolution and Rise of the Lycan, with this guy, of course, looking like Viktor)

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death, Tomb Blade, Shield-170 pts

Vampire: Avatar of Death, Great Weapon, Armor of the night, Talisman of Lycni-160 pts
(This guy's gonna do the whole "alter kindred WE" thing, hunting down targets using his speed and deadliness)

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment, Black Periapt-190 pts
(This one's the coward of the lot. :rolleyes: He'd stand behind the skellies, raising them up and helping them hold their own in combat)

15 Skeletons, Musician, Standard Bearer-132 pts(Joined by 2nd Vampire)

15 Skeletons, Musician, Standard Bearer-132 pts

15 Skeletons, Musician, Standard Bearer-132 pts

(These would all be raised up to 20/25 in the first 2 turns, getting replenished as needed)

Corpse Cart, Unholy Lodestone-100 pts

Corpse Cart, Unholy Lodestone-100 pts

20 Grave Guard, Great Weapons Command-290 pts

6 Black Knights, Barding, Full Command-208 pts

5 Dire Wolves-40 pts

5 Dire Wolves-40 pts

PD 10

DD 7

# models: 85

Is 4 vampires too many? I have always loved the Vampire counts, but I've never really gotten around to playing them, so any help making this list viable would be really helpful!

Walls
12-11-2008, 05:30
Hell no! They are the hammer to the rest of the armies anvil. You need them! Plus they raise dead and all kinds of fancy stuff. Even at 1000 I max out on heroes.

vampalexjc
12-11-2008, 18:03
with vamps, your'e doomed. however, i would get rid of the first vamp and go for a wight king with the black knights - hard as nails with sword of kings and he is 3 wnds, great for chopping stuff up.
you also have no hard units - black knights would get killed pretty quick. no blood knights, cairn wraiths or blck coach? they are the army's rock hard units - you have to take one or more to survive. those units of 15 skeles will get chopped up super quick by empire state troops, especially if they have been weakened by shooting already. that vamp behind them will just not be able to keep up with the flow of casualties

Modaavi
12-11-2008, 19:19
Looks like a start. Double check the points on your vampire lord. I don't have my book handy, but if I remember correctly, your kit alone is worth 170 with the extra magic level, so he should be significantly more expensive than listed. Also two loadstone carts is not worth it, as you still only get one extra model per casting. Change one to Balefire or drop a cart altogether to cover the missing points on your lord.

VC Doke
13-11-2008, 02:02
Ya VC kinda need to max out characters. Even if it is a 55 pt. naked necromancer. You need the dice.

List looks good. Consider when your fighting hero cuts stuff up with the Tomb Blade: he cannot raise them above the starting maximum unless he's got Lord of the Dead. Just sayin'