PDA

View Full Version : codex rebel grots

warbossgoblinman
12-11-2008, 13:00
i belive i have to shape this codex befor it is redy to play if any one can find something rong with it please tell me this only got 2 post on 40konline

armoury

1 handed weapons

*grot sticks: pts:3 counts as extra hand weapon

*Grot gernades (needs better title) PTS: 5 R: 6" S: 7 AP: 4 heavy 1
Thrown: since thes are always rolled under vehicles this wepon always strikes on side armour.

*sluggers pts4 see ork codex for details

*Grot prods PTS 5 see ork codex

2 handed weapons

*Bomb squigs PTS 15 see ork codex

*Grot big shoota: PTS: 10 R:24" ST: 3 AP: 6 Assult 3

*Grot shootas PTS: 5 R: 16" ST: 3 AP:6 Rapid fire

*Grot zzapers PTS: 15 R: 12" ST: 3 AP: X Assult 1
AP depends on range [7-12"= ap 5] [4-6"=ap 4] [0-3"= ap 3]

upgrades

*scrap armur: pts:5 make the armour save 4+

*riding squig: pts:15 a riding squig makes the user calvory and is limited to hq and squig riders

hq

head huncha

WS:5 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:3 A:3 LD:8 SV:-

unit size: 1
unit type: infantry
wargear
grot blaster
grot stick
options
may take anything out of the armoury
special rules
preferd enemy orks

Da Red Gobbo 250 points

WS:d6 BS:d6 S:d3 T:d3 W:d3 I:d6 A:d6 LD:2d6 SV:d6

wargear
twined linked grot blaster or twined linked grot shooter
grot stick
special rules
preferd enemy orks
grot randomness:at the start of the game role once for every stat. the results is the stats for the game.

grot big mek

WS:5 BS:3 S:3 T:3 W:2 I:3 A:3 LD:8 SV:6+

wargear
grot blaster
grot stick
options
a grot mek may take anything out of the grot armoury
the grot big mek may take one of these updrade: a force field for +30 points or scrap armour with built on auto sluggers for +5 points, built in auto grot shotters for +5 points, built in auto Grot zzapers for +10 points, you may make any built in auto weapon twin linked for +10 points
special rules
preferd enemy orks

grot weapons team 15 points

getchin WS:2 BS:3 S:2 T:2 W:1 I:2 A:1 LD:5 SV:-

the grot weapons team are the ones that handle the heavy weapons in a grot army. these weapons team do not take anything in the FOC and you may have up to five of themand attach them to a squad of infanftre. the weapons teams must pick one of the following weapons to handle: a big shooter at +5 points, a rockit launcher at +10 points, a kustom mega blaster at +10 points or a shock attack gun at +40 points.

elites

scrapper grots 5 points per model

WS:2 BS:3 S:2 T:2 W:1 I:2 A:1 LD:5 SV:-

unit size: 10-20
wargear
grot blaster
grot stick
scrap armour
options
grot scrappers my exchange their grot blaster for a kombi or single weapon of these optoins: slugger for free, grot shoota for +5 points, Grot gernade chucker for +15 points, grot big shooter at +10 points, Grot zzapers at +15 points.
special rules
preferd enemy orks

troops

snotlings 5 point per model

WS:2 BS:0 S:2 T:2 W:3 I:3 A:3 LD:10 SV:-

unit size: 10-30
wargear
grot stick
grot stick
special rules
preferd enemy orks
fearless
swarm: swarm models count are 3 models on a base and count as 1 model but as 3 in the squad

gretchin mob 3 points per model

grot nob: WS:4 BS:2 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:2 A:1 LD:7 SV:6+

unit size: 20-50
wargear
grot blaster
grot stick
options
any gretchin may echange thire grot blasters for sluggers at +5 points
any gretchin may be given scraparmour for +4 points per model
up to 2 gretchin in a gretchin mob may be given a grot big shooter at +5 points or a grot zapper at +10 points
character: a gretchin may be upgraded to grot nob. the grot nob may may take anything from the grot armoury
special rules
preferd enemy orks

fast attack

pogo stick grots 5 points per model

unit type: jump infantry
wargear
grot stick
grot blaster
options
character: a gretchin may be upgraded to grot nob. the grot nob may take anything from the armoury
special rules
preferd enemy orks

grot sails 8 pints per model

unit size: 3-18
unit type: bikes
wargear
grot stick
grot blaster
cutter saw(cutter saws count as 2 aditional attacks, power cutter saws count as a power weapon)
options
a grot sail may exchange its cutters for power cuter saw at +10 points
a grot may exchange his grot blaster for a slugger
special rules
preferd enemy orks

grot squig riders 5 pintsper model

unit type: cavulry
wargear
grot stick
grot blaster
options
character: a gretchin may be upgraded to grot nob. the grot nob may take anything from the armoury
special rules
preferd enemy orks

grot cutter

BS:3 FA:10 SA:10 BA:10

unit size: 1-5
unit type: veicle squadron, artilery
wargear
twin linked grot blasters
options
grot buggies may exchange thier twinlinked grot blasters with twinlinked sluggers for free, twin linked shooters for +5 points, twinlinked big shooter at +10 points or twin linked rockit launchers at +15 points
a grot cutter may be given a cutter saw at +10 points or a power cutter saw for +15 points
special rules
preferd enemy orks

heavy suppert

big gunz-see codex orks for details and stats

pump wagon 150 points

unit type: veicle artilery
wargear
twin linked shooters
bolder chucker
range:G24 stranght:5 ap:5 type:heavy 1, blast
options
special rules
preferd enemy orks

LeeHarvey
12-11-2008, 14:31
To be honest, I think the toughness and strength of a lot of the units are way too high as well as the BS and WS of some of them. Grots are diminutive, not too bright and unskilled. I mean, they are basically slave labor for the orks. When doing an army list for them, I personally would make up for the lack of skill and sturdiness with numbers. The models may have the most pathetic stats in a game but when there are 50 of them in one unit it tends to make up for the worthlessness of the individual grot. This is just my opinion however, don't let me stop you from doing what you want with your army list.

warbossgoblinman
12-11-2008, 23:42
ha dude this is what i call the shaping proses if u think thats so then ill change some things the hole idea is to get some outside putin so i can fix it up

marv335
13-11-2008, 00:21
the red gobbo always used to have random stats.
Plus he seems to have stats that would look good on an ork warboss.
He's a gobbo, that's way too good.

Orkeosaurus
13-11-2008, 00:43
Well a few ideas:

Strength and Toughness 3 might be believable; they are still orkoid, and they could still grow larger much like an ork, but probably at a much slower rate. Also, grots aren't all that much smaller than humans. Strength or Toughness 4 is too much. That's Space Marine levels, and even the craziest guard commanders and inquisitor lords don't get to that level without some sort of severe bionic upgrade. To quote Python, 5 is right out.

The snotlings are too cheap and too worthless to exist in 40K as individual models. Things that weak are always made into swarms; rippers, scarabs, nurglings, etc. Also, making them swarms would put them in a different place in the army than the regular grots, who are already weak cannon fodder as it is.

I believe the grot version of buggies were "cuttas" in Gorkamorka. They also had "big luggas" for trucks (I think). In fact, I would rework a lot of the names; currently they're too much like the names orks use (i.e. "grot slugga"). If it's a slugga, keep it a slugga, if it's something else name it something else (an "autogun" is a catch-all term for modern machine guns, in 40K. Same stats as a lasgun.)

warbossgoblinman
13-11-2008, 09:05
well thnks again for help if there is anything els please tell me