PDA

View Full Version : High Elf 2k for tourny

SilentStalker
12-11-2008, 20:09
So here's the list I have put together for a small tournament at my local GW. Wanted to make it playable but fun to use, so not cheesy. Let me know what you think!

Archmage - lvl 4, Jewel of the Dusk, Dispell Scroll, Ring of Fury - 335
Mage - lvl 2, Dispell Scroll, Ring of Corin - 175
Noble - BSB, Barded Elven Steed, Shield, Dragon Armour, Lance, Battle Banner - 218
Noble - Dragon Armour, Shield, Reaver Bow - 133

18 Spearmen - Full Command - 187
10 Archers - 110

12 Swordmasters - Bladelord - 192
14 Swordmasters - Full Command - 240
5 Dragon Princes - Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion - 215

Repeater Bolt Thrower - 100

Total - 2005

Plan is to have the mages go with the Swordmasters, and have the BSB with the Dragon Princes. They will try to flank while the core of my army run forward. Noble with bow will either advance with the spears or chill with the archers depending on what kind of flankers my enemy has. Archers and bolt throwers will target enemy ranged troops (war machines as a priority) to cover the advance of the infantry. Magic will support the infantry and hopefully the rings can be used to surprise and give me an edge. Thinking about taking Lore of Light or Heavens with the Archmage to support the battle line, and possibly High Magic or Lore of Beasts with the Mage to disrupt magic or enemy cavalry.

Let me know what you think, and ideas on how to shave of the five points over!

SilentStalker
13-11-2008, 05:14
no comments? list should work fine?

anerion
13-11-2008, 09:45
it's a really lord/hero heavy army for 2k army. think it might be a bit of a points sink for 2k.
imo, drop the last hero, use the points to buy up another unit of spearmen, one of the high elves biggest advantages is their ASF rule, and so 2 units of spearmen would create a solid bulk in your army.
plus i've never been a huge fan of archers. unit of 10, 6 hits 3 wounds 1-2 die average. so those points could be better used elsewhere, maybe bulking both swords masters up to two units of 15, or 2 units of 20 spearmen.

hope the advice helps, think you've got the start to a good list, hope the tourny goes well.

jigplums
13-11-2008, 10:30
this may be obvious but your 5pts over...

i'd maybe drop one of the swordmaster units down to 7 models inc musician. use the extra points for banner of sorcery, which can make all the difference on your spell casting

PARTYCHICORITA
13-11-2008, 11:03
I would drop the second noble and get a couple of great eagles, can't believe people don't use them. I would also drop command on the princes (the only command they need is banner of ellyrion) and upgrade the archers to spearlelves. Finally i would swap the big block of swordmasters for either WL or PG.

Overall a very nice list, except for the no eagles thing, get eagles.

WhiteKnight
13-11-2008, 15:01
Chicorita is right, Eagles are your friends. They can multi-task very well and can take out those cannon crews aiming at your units. The big swordmaster block should be phoenix guard or white lions instead. With 2 units of 7, you get 14 attacks per unit at STR 5 so use that to your advantage. Big blocks of elite infantry should always and only be phoenix guard and white lions. They don't have 2 attacks except for the champion but they are more resilient. Drop the last noble as it is not necessary. My suggestions are take out the archers and get more spearmen, much better for your army. Then split the swordmasters into 2 units of 7. Giving you 327 points to work with. Drop the noble and now you have 460 points. Add a unit of 20 spearmen and add 2 more to the other unit. Now you have 237 points left. That can get you a small elite infantry unit or 2 eagles and some more sword masters. Your choice.
Archmage - lvl 4, Jewel of the Dusk, Dispell Scroll, Ring of Fury - 335
Mage - lvl 2, Dispell Scroll, Ring of Corin - 175
Noble - BSB, Barded Elven Steed, Shield, Dragon Armour, Lance, Battle Banner - 218

20 Spearmen - Full Command - 205
20 spearmen - full command - 205

7 Swordmasters - 105
7 swordmasters - 105
5 Dragon Princes - Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion - 215

237 points left

SilentStalker
14-11-2008, 01:45
Need to use painted models for the tourny, which is kinda why i am using the two blocks of SM. I was thinking of swapping the Reaver Bow with the Gem of Hoeth, dropping the musician and champion from the princes, and dropping the smaller SM unit down to 7 bare bones. That should give me enough for an eagle and the Banner of Sorcery.
Plan would be take beasts with the noble and go bears anger, and see what i am facing to choose other lores. Eagle will give me some mobility and possibly stalling war machines until i get into CC.

Should i really change the archers to spears? I like having the archers there to deter small light cav units from going after the bolt throwers, letting the bolt thrower concentrate on other targets (preferably enemy warmachines)

Let me know what you think!

SilentStalker
16-11-2008, 18:19
After a bit of review, here is the improved list.

Archmage w/ lvl 4 upgrade, Ring of Fury, Dispell Scroll, Jewel of the Dusk - 335
Mage w/ lvl 2 upgrade, Ring of Corin, Dispell Scroll - 175
Noble w/ Dragon Armour, Shield, Radiant Gem of Hoeth - 138
Noble BSB w/ Barded Elven Steed, Lance, Shield, Dragon Armour, Banner of Battle - 218

18 Spearmen w/ Full Command - 187
10 Archers - 110

5 Dragon Princes - Standard Bearer, Banner of Ellyrion - 185
7 Swordmasters - 105
13 Swordmasters w/ Full Command, Banner of Sorcery - 275

Great Eagle - 50

Total: 1978
Models: 62
Power Dice: 11-13 + 2 Bound (one is One Use Only)
Dispell Dice: 6 + 2 Scrolls

A lot of the people participating have strong magic in their armies (Vampire, Dark Elf, Deamons) and that is kinda why I am taking strong magic. Also I love playing with magic! Plan is pretty similar, run up and smash things with the larger SM unit, the spearmen and the DP unit, and tailoring magic to my opponent, but the noble with the gem will take beasts for bear's anger.

I have 22 points left, and am not sure how I should spend them. Thinking of adding 2 more spear bodies in the block to make it a round 20 and run them 5x4 instead of 3x6.
Let me know what you think? (and before you reply, remember the reason I am not taking Pheonix Guard or White Lions is I do not have any painted, and do not have time to do so)

LION
17-11-2008, 11:51
:D Yes I would up the SpearElf Block with thiose points LION

SilentStalker
17-11-2008, 22:19
k so thats a block of 20 spears then.
any comments on the updated list?