PDA

View Full Version : Winter War 3!

Lavfluris
20-11-2005, 22:00
Pertinax has recently announced the dates for Warhammer 40,00 half of Winter War 3 and they are February 18th and 19th.

For those who are not aware, Winter War is a six round event held in Bergen, Norway every year. The Warhammer 40,000 tournament will be limited to 1500pts. The venue itself will be Pertinax’s new gaming store called Here Be Games which has plenty of room to throw your dice around. I thoroughly enjoyed Winter War 2 because of the great armies, good atmosphere and the gamer themselves, who were very welcoming.

The Warhammer Fantasy tournament will follow in late spring or early summer.

Although the entrants are going to be mainly Norwegian and other Scandinavians, I’m hoping a small English contingent will be able to attend, just like for Winter War 2. I myself will be in attendance with my dusty old Thousand Sons, but I’m hoping I will not be the only Brit daring to go to “the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow”.

So, make your interest known for this event known here.

EDIT: Makaber set me straight on the facts. ;)

Makaber
20-11-2005, 22:55
Ah, for your information, unless it's been decided otherwise and I haven't been informed, the tournament will be split this year, to accomodate the entire thing in the new gamestore, and thus save the rent we'd otherwise need for a bigger locale. Not to mention, it'll be a whole lot easier, with the tables otherwise installed. And, it will allow the local players to participate in both systems, thus making the overall scale of things larger, on whole. But I digress.

So, February 18th and 19th will see the Warhammer 40k tournament. The Warhammer Fantasy tournament will be late spring or early summer.

Lavfluris
20-11-2005, 23:04
So, February 18th and 19th will see the Warhammer 40k tournament.I'll change my post. :)