PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Points VC List

Dr Cuddles
13-11-2008, 05:53
Posting this up for a friend, this is his first army and first VC list ever, so don't be too hard on him ;)

He is looking for a army that runs on summoning Skeletons and Crypt Ghouls while tromping around with strong Heroes. And he hates the Zombie models, so no zombies.

Mannfred The Acolyte
-Abyssal Terror

Vampire
-Nightmare
-Dispell Scroll
-Power Stone
-Lord Of The Dead
-Summon Ghouls

10 Crypt Ghouls
-Crypt Ghast

10 Crypt Ghouls
-Crypt Ghast

10 Skeletons
-Champion
-Musician
-Standard Bearer

10 Skeletons
-Champion
-Musician
-Standard Bearer

5 Dire Wolves

Corpse Cart
-Lodestone

anerion
13-11-2008, 10:04
it's a well rounded list, the not liking zombies might be a bit limiting, and your friend might find he's loosing out on one of the vamps biggest advantages. dire wolves good for flank and shooting screen, ghouls good for shooting screen.

the only real issue i'd say is the vamps, i don't realy think a 320 point named character is the best option for a 1k list. i think you could probably get yourself two well rounded vamps for that, or drop the abyssal terror and use the 135 points elsewhere. on his own on the terror he'll probably be the subject of shooting or magic. or both. as will the vampire on the steed, he'd be better off in a unit of skeletons.

vampires are cool!
13-11-2008, 10:24
Anerion's on the money. Alternitivly your friend could swap Manny for a necromancer with the staff of damnation - a fave of mine since its inseption. This, naturally, puts a greater strain on the vampire as he becomes the soul increacer of units. Lot cheaper though.

If he's after lots of skellies and ghouls then he's going the right way about it.