PDA

View Full Version : making an assasin (thats not a death cultist or officio)

Inquisitor175
13-11-2008, 23:07
making an assasin please help any ideas?

Daredhnu
14-11-2008, 00:29
decide how you want your assassin to make his kills.

what kind of weapons does he use?
what are his tactics? (stealth or maybe terror)
does he have a partner?
does he work for one person or many?

those are all pretty good questions you might want to ask yourself about your assassin.

Inquisitor175
14-11-2008, 01:43
i was thinking of making him like scorpion for mortal kombat

Daredhnu
14-11-2008, 02:54
well there you go, a ninja is offcourse a time honored assassin archetype.

you could have him come from a very martial, honor bound planet (traditional)
or perhaps something a little shadier would be more appropriate.

anyway statwise i would go in the following direction.

WS - 80 / BS - 50 / S - 60 / T - 60 / I - 80 / WP - 60 / SG - 40 / NV - 70 / LD - 70
(stats are just approximates)

skills: something like blademaster but with his bare hands instead (or maybe knuckle dusters) dodge would also be appropriate
equipment: poisoned throwing knives, 3 pts of armor of his head, chest, abdomen & groin.
perhaps have his helmet incorporate a hand flamer for a real scorpion-esque feeling.

and then the most important part of any inquisitor character his background, preferably something a little more original then say an orphan raised by cold blooded killers.
perhaps he was born during an eclipse which marked him as the shadow touched a creature which is meant to exact vengeance upon his masters enemies.
or maybe he underwent special genetic treatments along with many others and he was one of only a handful of survivors (all of which became assassins)
(while still rather cliched i think you get where i'm coming from)

Inquisitor175
14-11-2008, 07:04
well there you go, a ninja is offcourse a time honored assassin archetype.

you could have him come from a very martial, honor bound planet (traditional)
or perhaps something a little shadier would be more appropriate.

anyway statwise i would go in the following direction.

WS - 80 / BS - 50 / S - 60 / T - 60 / I - 80 / WP - 60 / SG - 40 / NV - 70 / LD - 70
(stats are just approximates)

skills: something like blademaster but with his bare hands instead (or maybe knuckle dusters) dodge would also be appropriate
equipment: poisoned throwing knives, 3 pts of armor of his head, chest, abdomen & groin.
perhaps have his helmet incorporate a hand flamer for a real scorpion-esque feeling.

and then the most important part of any inquisitor character his background, preferably something a little more original then say an orphan raised by cold blooded killers.
perhaps he was born during an eclipse which marked him as the shadow touched a creature which is meant to exact vengeance upon his masters enemies.
or maybe he underwent special genetic treatments along with many others and he was one of only a handful of survivors (all of which became assassins)
(while still rather cliched i think you get where i'm coming from)
or you could have a bionic arm with a built-in speargun, i was thinking for weapon maybe a scythe (counts as halberd) and a sword both coated in bloodfire, oooh and i could make him a pyromancer for a more scorpion feel

i actually thought of making the char female for difference, as for back story i could make her/him part of a ruthless cult of mercenaries

kaled
14-11-2008, 08:26
oooh and i could make him a pyromancer for a more scorpion feelI hope you don't mean he's going to be psychic as well as a highly trained killing machine? If you do it makes it harder to write his background as you have to explain why the Blackships didn't get him, why when his friends found out he's a witch they didn't beat him to a pulp, why some warp entity hasn't had him as a tasty snack etc. Psychic powers are extremely dangerous without the proper training and protection. I'd say the life expectancy of an untrained pyromancer must be pretty low - if he gets angry he's likely to burn the house down!

as for back story i could make her/him part of a ruthless cult of mercenariesYou could, but it wouldn't be very original. Why don't you want him to be a Death Cultist? It's not as if there's only one type of death cult, there are thousands - and a Scorpion-like character seems to fit best into the 41st millenium as a member of one.

Have you thought about how to model him? IIRC Andrea or Pegaso do a rather nice 54mm ninja/assassin model.

precinctomega
14-11-2008, 08:31
Pyromancers (or pyrokines) tend to be martial and militaristic in nature. He could be part of a cell within the Departmento Munitorum dedicated to using their psychic powers to target and eliminate (or at least occupy) enemy generals and psykers. This would explain the martial training, armour and implant weaponry as well as the focus on one-to-one combat.

R.