PDA

View Full Version : A firts Try to WoC

skarsnik
14-11-2008, 14:54
I always wanted to do a all cavalry army, and when the new WoC got out, I thought that they were the perfect army for that. What do you guys think of this 2250 army?

1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 209 Pts
MoK; Flail; Chaos Armour; Shield; Collar of Khorne; Juggernaut of Khorne

1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 230 Pts
MoK; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Chaos Runesword; Juggernaut of Khorne

5X5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 550 Pts
Flail; Light Armour

4X5 Chaos Warhounds 120 Pts

2x5 Chaos Warhounds Scaly Skin 70 Pts

2X5 Chaos Knights of Khorne 550 Pts
MoK;Lance; Champ

4 Chaos Spawn 220 Pts

2 Chaos Chariot of Khorne 300 Pts MoK

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 2249

Myke_Litorus
14-11-2008, 15:48
Very nice list!

I think it's going to run well as it is, but have you considered reducing some of the Warhounds and a Spawn to get a WarAlter?

All your champs get Eye of the Gods, and the ability to buff your Khorne knights is scary. And it can handel itself against shooting and in combat.

DwarfSlayerJack
14-11-2008, 16:24
I also collect WoC (5000pt) and since its cavalry a shaggoth wolud be a great alternative for spawns, and to bump your army up to 2500 yo could use 2!!
That realy wolud be awsome!

FunkyRatDemon
14-11-2008, 20:13
I always wanted to do a all cavalry army, and when the new WoC got out, I thought that they were the perfect army for that. What do you guys think of this 2250 army?

1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 209 Pts
MoK; Flail; Chaos Armour; Shield; Collar of Khorne; Juggernaut of Khorne

1 Exalted Hero of Khorne @ 230 Pts
MoK; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Chaos Runesword; Juggernaut of Khorne

5X5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 550 Pts
Flail; Light Armour

4X5 Chaos Warhounds 120 Pts

2x5 Chaos Warhounds Scaly Skin 70 Pts

2X5 Chaos Knights of Khorne 550 Pts
MoK;Lance; Champ

4 Chaos Spawn 220 Pts

2 Chaos Chariot of Khorne 300 Pts MoK

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 2249
Lose the Scaly Skin on the Hounds, its useless.
Lose the Lances on the Knights, S5 is better in most cases
I personally don't feel that Chariots are that good in here, I'd rather see them lost for a Lv1 Wizard w/ 2 Dispel Scrolls mounted...(you need anti Magic, likely lore of Fire for him) and use remaining pts on more Marauder Horseman

Kalec
14-11-2008, 22:12
I must regretfully agree that the chariots are not going to serve you well in this list. Your knights and horsemen leave them behind, so they will likely come into play too late to make a difference one way or the other.

By the same token, I would recommend cutting the spawn. They can be expected to move much slower then your main fighting units, so they will have trouble performing their role (whatever that is). Drop them, cut lances on the knights, cut scaly skin on the hounds, drop the chariots, and grab a unit of knights or dragon ogres with great weapons and at least 1 scroll caddy. This leaves nearly 150 points to spare, for another caddy, to buy back some spawn, pick up a shrine or a cheap unit of ogres, or more horsemen and hounds.