View Full Version : 2250 Chaosrockers

Blumensammler
14-11-2008, 18:10
1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 171 Pts
General; Level 1; 2x Dispel Scroll [25] Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 165 Pts
Level 1; Power Familiar [25] Talisman of Protection [15]

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 210 Pts
Level 2; Golden Eye of Tzeentch [25], Book of Secrets [25] 1 Disc of Tzeentch @ [0] Pts

1 * Exalted Hero of Slaanesh @ 149 Pts
Flail; Shield, Steed of Slaanesh @ [0] Pts

11 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 78 Pts
Standard; Musician Chieftain @ [8] Pts

12 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 82 Pts
Standard; Musician 1 Chieftain @ [8] Pts

7 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 154 Pts
Flail; Light Armour; Standard

2x5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91 Pts
Flail; Musician

3x5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

6 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 325 Pts
Ensorcelled Weapons; Standard; Musician War Banner [25]

6 Chaos Knightsv of nurgle II (Chaos Knights) @ 335 Pts
Standard; Musician Banner of Rage [35]

4 Dragon Ogres @ 308 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 77

Total Army Cost: 2249

This is the Armylist i want to take to a local tourney.
The restrictions are: 700pts for Chars and 8 PD

I am open minded to all thoughts, advices and other inputs to think about.

But my main questions are:

I want to use the two blocks of Slaaneshmarauders on each flank so that i can decide where to put the nurgler and the Exalted.
What do you think about this idea; do you have another idea where to put them otherwise and is the size and equipment ok ?
My idea was having 2ranks banner and superior number with champ to reflect a lowbird trying to take out my mage.

Best regards,

Blume

Kalec
14-11-2008, 22:29
Chaos magic relies on high numbers of pd to work. All your good spells are going to get scrolled, and the minor ones will be dispelled or not do enough to justify the cost of your sorcerers. Tzeentch has the biggest problem with this. A trio of nurgle mages would have less trouble, because scrolls hurt them far less, though I would advocate just a scroll caddy and a BSB for characters and spend more on troops. Chaos has some amazing faceless grunts that will perform much better without worrying about dual dragons or baskets of power dice.

Since magic is going to be rather weak, all you really need to worry about is shooting. You have a good number of fast units that will minimize the number of turns the enemy has to shoot you, which is good. The warhounds to help screen your knights and DOs are also good. Your bigger unit of horsemen is a bit awkward, and would get far more out of mok to double the attacks the unit puts out the mos. MoS horsemen are great, but you have those already, and another unit that hits incredibly hard (15 attacks) for very little points is too good to pass up. The marauders are going to be left behind, you might as well dump them. Take large warhound blocks if you want static cr, or just cut them for another screen and more points into fighty troops. I would recommend a second unit of dragon ogres. I use 3 per unit, but 4 works as well.

If you still have points to spend, then Scyla or more horsemen are your best buys. You could also consider turning the knights with warbanner into tzeentch knights with the blasted standard for a lovely 4+ ward save against shooting.

Blumensammler
15-11-2008, 09:56
I am not sure about using 2x3DO or 4DO and one time Khornehorsemen. I think one unit of DO is enough. Just need them to stop tanks and altars. Maybe sometimes even chariots. For other purposes the horsemen are better i think. Because of the 2" movement and fast cav rules. I can sneak on one flank through the terrain, not loosing to much speed.

Me in personal dont think you need a BSB in a Chaoscavarmy. Hopefully you don't loose any fights and with the nights ST5 on second turn you should win second combat phase too.

About the magic: Its difficult to create a solid and powerful magic phase. There are 2 ways i would like to play.
Sorcererlord with one support, 3 low level.

I prefer the lowlevel because its more flexible and with a round about 90% chance getting all 4 Spells cast each turn, it'll kick ass. Hopefully :)

Need more input. Come one !

Blumensammler
16-11-2008, 16:48
Come on.... no one wants to say anything ?

Einholt
16-11-2008, 17:09
I do not understand why you would put Book of Secrets on a Wizard, I mena yes you get the PD but for christ sakes if you miscast you cannot get a result higher then 7 on that table and your chance of dying goes to 1/6.

Blumensammler
16-11-2008, 19:32
The point is, that he gets another good, useful spell. the chance that he gets toasted is:
using 2 dice: 3% x 1/6 = 1/2% /turn ( that's enough for spell No1 on both death and tzeentch )
even if using 3 dice, its 7% x 1/6 = 1% / turn

So seeing him dieing should be rare.

SilentStalker
16-11-2008, 20:11
pretty sure you are not allowed to put the specific point values on the lists you make. some copyright infringement or something