PDA

View Full Version : Final warband plz comment

Inquisitor175
15-11-2008, 09:42
In my final warband idea i took all of your great critisms ideas and put some of my stuff in this is what i ended up with. plz comment if i still didn't get it right. with story line now! yay...... might make female psyker later but too tired 3 in the morning

Warband

Interrogator Zephial

Interrogator Zephial Ciaos was the baby of a sixteen year old hab-girl living on the massive despaired hive city Vebyron II, with his father being one of the sons ruling aristocrat families, his father refused even knowing the girl, and she ultimately fell into despair, in the end she committed suicide by falling off a building, young Zephial found shelter by an intelligent old blind mutant, for the next twelve years Zephial lived with the mutant, he excelled at problem solving and processing information quickly. One day though, a noble came by the orphanage, it was the same noble that had made that same hab-girl become pregnant with Zephial twelve years ago. At first he asked the mutant if he’d accept cash for the boy, but he refused, when the noble explained how that boy was his son, the mutant still said he gave up on the boy and refused to give him over. The noble came back with his armed and kidnapped the mutant, when Zephial found out he recruited a team of mutants and infiltrated the noble’s house killing him by his own hand, by the time he got to the old mutant though it was to late, they had dissected him as if he was an experiment he flew into a rage and killed the noble with his own hand, he made his escape when the marshals responded, they managed to
Capture his party but he was gone. When the planet saw it was conspired by mutants the populace fell into a blind frenzy burning down all of the mutants quarters. Zephial stayed in hiding for a year but was found and brought in. He was sentenced to die for his part, on the day he was supposed to die he got a visitor, Inquisitor Mikeal Von Jorg was impressed by his skill and intelligence, gave him two options, die, or join him as his acolyte. Zephial chose the later and has been serving the inquisitor for 11 years recently being promoted to interrogator.

Birth place: Vebyron II
Blood type: AB
Height: 6’1”
Eyes: Blue
Skin: White
Hair: Long, Blond
Handedness: Right

WS BS ST TG IN WP SG NV LD S
73 67 63 59 73 78 81 72 71 5

Equipment: Great Sword, flak armour on all locations except head, double barreled Sawn off shotgun with 16 shells 3 hellfire, inferno, scatter shells, 2 frag grenades and 1 smoke grenade, Knife

Skills: Feint, Lightning Reflexes

Great Sword: Use as Falchion but instead of the Str rule of 75 its 55

Vampires Sergeant Jorgenson Von Liebe

Jorgenson was brought up on the world of Vebonc as a the colonel’s son of the 302nd Vebonc’s Finest until his father was killed in a nearby embattled agri-world of Fergus during the bloody battle of Fallow Fields so he was sent to the progenium scholam where later he became a Stormtrooper for the Vampires, Inquisitor Von Jorg personal stormstroopers, he has since risen to the rank of sergeant and personally accompanies the inquisitor for his strength, bravery, calm head under fire and willingness to serve.

Birth place: Vebonc
Blood type: O
Height: 6’10”
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Bald
Handedness: Left

69 71 62 65 52 67 50 74 63 4

Equipment: Autogun with 3 reloads and Chain Blade Attachment, Carapace armour on chest, arms, abdomen and flak armour on legs and groin, Bio-scanner, Las pistol, 2 Frag Grenades, 2 Smoke Grenades

Special Abillities: Rock Steady Aim, Nerves of Steel

Death Cultist Assassin Athely

Being born to a peasant family on the feudal planet of Onius there was little Athely could do, most of the money went to aristocrat luxury, when she was 11 she would have her life changed forever, one day while she was a group of 4 noblemen rode up and ganged around her, suddenly out of the mist a mysterious male figure came. He bore a giant scythe, he wore black leather armour, and though his most striking feature is the bleach bone skull mask he wore. In around 3 seconds the fight was over, the noblemen all dead in the grass, hacked limb from limb from the vicious scythe. The man turned away but Athely called out to the stranger and asked who he was and responded simply saying I am Death. She responded by saying that she wanted him the teach her. He agreed, showing her the death cult The Death Scythes, a cult believing that killing that killing the emperor’s enemies is that how they’ll earn repentance; she learned the cult’s techniques and became a master at them. But after her 3 years with the cult it was finally and violently suppressed by the nobles who hated the cult for their neutral ness Athely and 2 others were the only survivors. Athely traveled disguised as a prostitute to get close to nobles before killing them, until an army of 350 men from not so foolish noble surrounded her, but like again a man came to save her, in the form of Inquisitor Von Jorg who ordered the armies off so long as Athely serves him, she has served him for 3 years now

Birth place: Onius
Blood type: O
Height: 5’9”
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown, long pony tail
Handedness: Right

81 42 54 56 92 58 74 62 54 6

Equipment: Scythe coated in bloodfire (counts as halberd), sword, 3pts of armour on all locations except head, 3 throwing knives, 5 throwing stars coated in bloodfire, Knife coated in Bloodfire

Skills: Acrobatic, Dodge, Catfall, First Strike

Catferret
15-11-2008, 13:38
Jorgenson is 6'10"? Blimey. Genetic modification? Some weird planetary thing?
Basketball player? :D

I just ask to clarify that it isn't a typo. I'm sure you have good reason for him being nearly as tall as a marine (7') and I'd like to hear a bit more about it as it hasn't been mentioned in his background.

Inquisitor175
15-11-2008, 17:14
Jorgenson is 6'10"? Blimey. Genetic modification? Some weird planetary thing?
Basketball player? :D

I just ask to clarify that it isn't a typo. I'm sure you have good reason for him being nearly as tall as a marine (7') and I'd like to hear a bit more about it as it hasn't been mentioned in his background.
marines are 9 feet tall, and you could just say he's a very tall human, I've seen someone that tall

Inquisitor175
15-11-2008, 17:16
if they were then they would be nearly the size of us normes

Catferret
15-11-2008, 18:02
Marines are not 9' tall. They are 7' tall as evidenced by Jes Goodwin's scale picture. It reappeared in a recent White Dwarf but has been on the go for many years now.

I know humans can be tall, look at some basketball players. I was just curious as to whether this character was intentionally taller than average or if it was just a typo.

kaled
15-11-2008, 22:31
On the height issue - I tend not to put the character's height in their profile as it rather depends on what model you use for them. The same goes for things like sex, skin and hair colour (and perhaps eye colour too) - those are the sorts of things we'll know when we see the models. Blood type seems rather pointless too.

So, what models do you plan to use for these characters?

Inquisitor175
15-11-2008, 23:50
On the height issue - I tend not to put the character's height in their profile as it rather depends on what model you use for them. The same goes for things like sex, skin and hair colour (and perhaps eye colour too) - those are the sorts of things we'll know when we see the models. Blood type seems rather pointless too.

So, what models do you plan to use for these characters? i'm really still deciding whether to use 28mm or 52mm scale models, and really i just put those as usless facts to make it seem cooler

kaled
16-11-2008, 08:30
You should at least try 54mm. It's a whole different experience to working at 28mm - painting, converting and sculpting are easier and you can add a lot more detail with relative ease. Why not do one of them at 54mm, and if you decide you don't like it you can keep him as a display piece and do the whole warband at 28mm. If you shop around on eBay, you can pick up 54mm models quite cheaply.

Inquisitor175
17-11-2008, 05:14
You should at least try 54mm. It's a whole different experience to working at 28mm - painting, converting and sculpting are easier and you can add a lot more detail with relative ease. Why not do one of them at 54mm, and if you decide you don't like it you can keep him as a display piece and do the whole warband at 28mm. If you shop around on eBay, you can pick up 54mm models quite cheaply. well 28mm are a lot easier to work with, find, are less money gobbeling (which i don't have much of), it also requires less paticence and time, and i can use my normal 40k terrain 54mm models are more detailed, relistic and have more wargear to fit to single models most likely i'll stick with 28mm though maybe later i'll go to 54mm when i have more money and time (most likely this summer)

kaled
17-11-2008, 05:56
well 28mm are a lot easier to work with, find, are less money gobbeling (which i don't have much of), it also requires less paticence and timeI'm not sure how they're easier to work with. I recently did a 28mm version of my Inquisitor Kaled figure - it took me about as long and was just as much effort to build as the 54mm original, and it was damned fiddly to boot.

and i can use my normal 40k terrainAlmost all terrain for 28mm works just fine for 54mm too - don't let not having any purpose built terrain put you off using 54mm.

Anyway, what 28mm models do you plan to use for these guys?

Inquisitor175
17-11-2008, 16:57
that is what i'm trying to figure out, any suggestions? Though i was thinking for my acolyte on the bretonian men at arms body and say his flak armour is under his clothes with a knight errant head and some random swords

Catferret
17-11-2008, 19:31
Flak armour is very bulky and would not really fit under clothes. However, if you intend to use Men at Arms then one of them has a great quilted armour hauberk that would make for good flak.

For the main man himself I would definitely use something more imposing as Men at Arms are close to LotR size models. A lot smaller than most other GW models. I actually think a head swap on the Witch Hunter Inquisitor would work. Also convert the inferno pistol to a sawn-off shotgun.

With Vebonc being so tall, a Marine Scout would actually be appropriate. Use a different head though, and add some carapace kneepads so he has better armour on his legs.

Athely may take more effort. It depends what you want to do with her pose. Maybe add a female head to a Wraith?

Inquisitor175
19-11-2008, 06:06
Flak armour is very bulky and would not really fit under clothes. However, if you intend to use Men at Arms then one of them has a great quilted armour hauberk that would make for good flak.

For the main man himself I would definitely use something more imposing as Men at Arms are close to LotR size models. A lot smaller than most other GW models. I actually think a head swap on the Witch Hunter Inquisitor would work. Also convert the inferno pistol to a sawn-off shotgun.

With Vebonc being so tall, a Marine Scout would actually be appropriate. Use a different head though, and add some carapace kneepads so he has better armour on his legs.

Athely may take more effort. It depends what you want to do with her pose. Maybe add a female head to a Wraith? acctualy if u you look at slick you can see how flak armour can fit under a cloak or somthing, what i'm saying is if they can make a bolt pistol to fit in a ring they can make flak to fit under clothes, but like i'm going to say i have very little cash to buy things
(I also little faith that i'm actually going to play Inquisitor because my friends kind of don't support me on this and not many people where i come from play) but i like making characters while im bored. I also do admit the bretonnian men at arms are like midgets. ( if i do ever find money and faith i was thinking more death cultist for Athely with different head and glue on a scythe from something (also ideas for bolstering faith in old inquisitor will be gladly accepted)

kaled
19-11-2008, 11:25
I also little faith that i'm actually going to play Inquisitor because my friends kind of don't support me on this and not many people where i come from playAre you in the UK? If so, you should build them in 54mm and then keep an eye on the Conclave for events at WHW. The next one is the Grand Tournament in December, but usually someone organises something every couple of months.

Inquisitor175
19-11-2008, 15:39
Are you in the UK? If so, you should build them in 54mm and then keep an eye on the Conclave for events at WHW. The next one is the Grand Tournament in December, but usually someone organises something every couple of months. more like half way around the world in Canada B.C.

kaled
19-11-2008, 16:34
more like half way around the world in Canada B.C.Hmmm, in that case, have (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21) a look here - there's an outside chance there'll be someone in your area.

If you don't have anyone to play against at the moment, then you really should build your characters at 54mm - firstly because they'll make nice display pieces if nothing else, but more importantly because 54mm miniatures look cool and are more likely to inspire your friends to play than building 28mm ones which they've no doubt seen hundreds of already.

precinctomega
20-11-2008, 07:25
My whole club's gone Inquisitor mad since I started running games there last month. Literally every member now has models, except for the youngsters whom I've forbidden from buying INQ models (in loco parentis) until they've finished painting their 40k armies.

R.

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 04:56
Sry i've haven't responded ealier (problems with internet) well the list was no help (though it was appericatied) (sigh) here in canada we got a horrible dieasse, at 92% of the population are affected, i was once affected but I found a cure, the dieasse is called Canaidian pride. so all those racist rumors about canada are true (92% of population literly belive that a cople of sticks taped together is a chair, they watch hockey all day as though it is mind controlling and our history is so boring when you sit a dark eldar haemonculus down through one grade ten socials class block he'll want crawl into a hole and die after it's done) well yeah all of it's true. the problem is that i gots no one to play inquisitor with since my friends think it stinks (my only lead is people who came into my area games workshop with 28mm four weeks ago) so i'm pretty screwed. (I hate living here sometimes).

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 08:47
Marines are not 9' tall. They are 7' tall as evidenced by Jes Goodwin's scale picture. It reappeared in a recent White Dwarf but has been on the go for many years now.

I know humans can be tall, look at some basketball players. I was just curious as to whether this character was intentionally taller than average or if it was just a typo. i still think marines 9ft tall, an average tall human is like 6'7" and in dan abbnett's book the iron snakes he wrote that even the tallest man in her retinue came up to the giant's chest ( that would most likely add on at least 1.2 or .5 feet and i'm guessing that either her retinue consist of midgets or marines are at least 8 or nine feet tall

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 08:49
i edited the chars for campaign article i'm going to write.

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 09:05
as for great sword, I BEAT THE SYSTEM &#$@ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

kaled
22-11-2008, 09:26
i still think marines 9ft tall, an average tall human is like 6'7" and in dan abbnett's book the iron snakes he wrote that even the tallest man in her retinue came up to the giant's chest ( that would most likely add on at least 1.2 or .5 feet and i'm guessing that either her retinue consist of midgets or marines are at least 8 or nine feet tallJes Goodwin's sketch puts them at 7' tall in full armour - a quick Google search gives the average height of a man in the US as 5'9" which means his eyes would be level with those of the skull on the marine's chestplate. That's the closest to an answer from the GW studio that I could find. Looking at the size comparison charts in the Imperial Armour books tells me they're definitely not 9' tall, and aren't 8' either - somewhere between 7' & 7'6" is probably about right.

The problem is that the heights of Astartes in Black Library novels varies quite a bit - Abnett has a tendency to make many of his regular humans 2m tall, so in his books Astartes have to be even taller to make them suitably impressive. Other authors go with more normal (for this day and age) heights for their human characters, so their Astartes don't need to be as tall.

i edited the chars for campaign article i'm going to write.I'm curious - what sort of a campaign article are you writing?

EDIT:

as for great sword, I BEAT THE SYSTEM &#$@ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!You do know you can edit your posts? Multiple posting is often considered bad form. I suspect a lot of GMs wouldn't let you get away with your great sword rule - but as you're not going to play the game using these characters there's not a lot of point in arguing about it.

Im not saying1
22-11-2008, 15:56
i still think marines 9ft tall, an average tall human is like 6'7" and in dan abbnett's book the iron snakes he wrote that even the tallest man in her retinue came up to the giant's chest ( that would most likely add on at least 1.2 or .5 feet and i'm guessing that either her retinue consist of midgets or marines are at least 8 or nine feet tall

The be honest, the average tall person would be somewhere more along the lines of 6'3" or 6'"4, probably less. 6'7" is uncommonly tall. The tallest person I have ever known personally is 6'6". I cant remembeer the last time I saw someone that tall, though I must have done at some point.
7 feet tall is still bloody huge though. The tallest person in the world was somewhere around 9ft IIRC.
There isnt really any need to make them that tall.

EDIT: Power armour would probably add on an inch or two though to a SM's height.

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 17:21
Jes Goodwin's sketch puts them at 7' tall in full armour - a quick Google search gives the average height of a man in the US as 5'9" which means his eyes would be level with those of the skull on the marine's chestplate. That's the closest to an answer from the GW studio that I could find. Looking at the size comparison charts in the Imperial Armour books tells me they're definitely not 9' tall, and aren't 8' either - somewhere between 7' & 7'6" is probably about right.

The problem is that the heights of Astartes in Black Library novels varies quite a bit - Abnett has a tendency to make many of his regular humans 2m tall, so in his books Astartes have to be even taller to make them suitably impressive. Other authors go with more normal (for this day and age) heights for their human characters, so their Astartes don't need to be as tall.

I'm curious - what sort of a campaign article are you writing?

EDIT:
You do know you can edit your posts? Multiple posting is often considered bad form. I suspect a lot of GMs wouldn't let you get away with your great sword rule - but as you're not going to play the game using these characters there's not a lot of point in arguing about it. the great sword i just put in because i'm too frustrated to find a sword and a short sword (anyway i like two handed weapons), but then in order to use the blade effectivly he has to have str 75 and to not make a cheap char i just decided to lower it so he can use it (I find the penalty of using up two hands is bad enough to add an extra d6 onto your damage) i think that this rule is uncomprimising and unrealistic (if you look into the medieval times knights used great swords and didn't have that much trouble) even Gav Thorpe can make some bad judgment (like on lasgun range, it has the same range as a inferno pistol yet in the table top it has a max range 4x the inferno pistol and when in rapid fire it still gets 2x range) i'm just saying its a sword but is GGGGGGGREAT

kaled
22-11-2008, 17:56
You can make up weapons like that if you want - at the end of the day it's up to your GM, and if he agrees, who am I to argue.

You might want to take a look at these (http://www.freewebs.com/closecombatweapons/basicweapons.htm) rules for customising melee weapons. Making the sword heavier so it does more damage should increase the parry penalty if nothing else.

So what's the campaign article?

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 18:25
You can make up weapons like that if you want - at the end of the day it's up to your GM, and if he agrees, who am I to argue.

You might want to take a look at these (http://www.freewebs.com/closecombatweapons/basicweapons.htm) rules for customising melee weapons. Making the sword heavier so it does more damage should increase the parry penalty if nothing else.

So what's the campaign article?well that still doesn't change the 75str rule. I'm working on it in microsoft office, I want it to be technological campaign taking place on a pre-heresy lost world involving my party and a rouge tech priest party with robots or somthing trying to kill both sides. that is my basic outline and who knows when i'll get it done

kaled
22-11-2008, 18:51
well that still doesn't change the 75str rule.Depends how you go about it - in those rules I linked to, you can increase the weight of a sword so it does more damage, but at the cost of increasing the parry penalty. That sort of trade-off is more likely to be accepted by a GM. That all said, you're not the first person to simply ignore the strength 75 rule...

Is the campaign set pre-Heresy? Or do you mean the world was lost befor ethe Heresy and only recently rediscovered? What are the robots? 'Iron Men' from the Dark Age of Technology? Legio Cybernetica? Something else?

Inquisitor175
22-11-2008, 22:21
Depends how you go about it - in those rules I linked to, you can increase the weight of a sword so it does more damage, but at the cost of increasing the parry penalty. That sort of trade-off is more likely to be accepted by a GM. That all said, you're not the first person to simply ignore the strength 75 rule...

Is the campaign set pre-Heresy? Or do you mean the world was lost befor ethe Heresy and only recently rediscovered? What are the robots? 'Iron Men' from the Dark Age of Technology? Legio Cybernetica? Something else? it's set in 41st millennia but the robots are not either they're something else. I just have to figure out that something