PDA

View Full Version : TK - I didn't realise...

EldarWonderland
15-11-2008, 11:00
How good they are until my own TK played against another TK army the other day.

Having been on the receiving end of what I usually do to the opponent and knowing there's not a great deal I can do about it was somewhat disconcerting.

He also had 2 bone giants and 8 carrion ( I have none and 3 respectively) and it was interesting to see how he used them in conjunction with the Incantations.

I suffered a bit by having an Icon Bearer as a hero so I was down one dispel dice and short of one incantation and over the game it eventually showed.

Good stuff though.

Orkman
15-11-2008, 11:03
Man TWO bone giants? Damn. Must have been a fun game...

EldarWonderland
15-11-2008, 11:10
Yeah - how I laughed when he charged a Tomb Scorpion and smashed it to pieces in one round :)

Mind you it's about time he had some luck against me - he usually rolls unbelievably bad on saves against the TG.

My archers didn't do as well as usual and i made a couple of tactical blunders which made my life much harder.

Good learning experience.

Frankly
15-11-2008, 11:26
Whats in your armylist by the way?

EldarWonderland
15-11-2008, 11:32
For this battle, if I remember correctly.

TK Cloak, DOE

LP ravening,steed
LP neferra,steed
IB armour

20 Archers, Boul, SB
12 Archers
4 Swarm

24TG, Rakaph, Full command

2 Scorps

3 Carrion

3 chariots, FC, Mirage

SSC

march10k
15-11-2008, 18:05
~shrug~

So (insert army here) is effective against itself? I'd be more interested if a TK player played a non-TK army against TK and had feedback to offer. Seeing both sides is useful if the other side of the coin looks different...seeing the reverse of a double-headed nickel is of limited value, IMHO...

Lazarus15
15-11-2008, 18:06
Unless you are running a chariot army, I would not take the icon bearer. With the chariot army, he is pretty damned useful with the mirage standard and enchanted shield, then you give the standard banner, Icon of the sacred eye.

BigbyWolf
15-11-2008, 18:50
Unless you are running a chariot army, I would not take the icon bearer. With the chariot army, he is pretty damned useful with the mirage standard and enchanted shield, then you give the standard banner, Icon of the sacred eye.

Surely as a BSB he can only take a magic banner or magic items, not both?

EldarWonderland
16-11-2008, 18:04
Icon Bearer was an experimental list and was the only one to hand for that night's work.

I am in the process of printing out my other lists so I have a choice next time.

Lazarus15
17-11-2008, 05:37
Sorry, I accidently added the enchanted shield part.