PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Vampires

Leogun_91
15-11-2008, 19:09
So I will use a VC army themed after the Zombiepirates

Lord

Vampire Lord
extra level , Aura of Dark Majesty, Avatar of death, dark acolyte,skabscratch,staff of damnation,cadaverous cuirass, talisman of the lycni:450pts
This is ofcourse Luthor Harkon, he is my general and a pretty powerfull character.

Heroes

Wight King BSB
additional handweapon, royal standard of Strigos
Total:143pts
A BSB is always usefull and the royal standard of strigos is not only very fitting in a unit of zombie corsairs but also deadly combined with corpsecarts

Necromancer
extra spell,corpsecart,lodestone,book of arkhan:205pts
Some extra spell power and two more boundspells

Necromancer
corpsecart,lodestone,extra spell,sceptre de noirot,the balefire spike, talisman of protection:220pts
More spellpower and the balefire spike is just there beacouse I can

Core

25 zombies
command:112pts

26 zombies
command:116pts

23 Skeletons (zombie corsairs)
command, warbanner:245pts

Corpse cart
balefire:100pts

Corpse cart
balefire:100pts

3 bat swarms
105pts

3 bat swarms
105pts

5 Grave guards (Parrot masters)
standard, cursed pennant of mousillon:97pts

Total army 1998pts

siphon101
15-11-2008, 19:50
5 graveguard is far, FAR too small. You can't raise them above starting value, and they will be wiped out on a fairly good round of shooting.

Leogun_91
15-11-2008, 20:41
5 graveguard is far, FAR too small. You can't raise them above starting value, and they will be wiped out on a fairly good round of shooting. They are meant to die, when the enemy kills them they take damage beacouse of the unholy banner (or in fluff reasons beacouse the parrots gets mad when you kill their leaders), and if needed I can send one of my batswarms for them to hide behind. Also they have ASF in closecombat (unless my oponent wants to disepll all 4 corpsecarts) which makes them able to retake their points.

invinciblebug
16-11-2008, 11:03
Their still shot to death, there is no point in having 5 GG on their own there is no meaning to take expensive models that are just meant to die, that's what zombies are meant for.

I also find this list has a little to little magic, your probably better of with another vampire with dark acolyte. (swap one necro)

and nothing that can actually kill anything. Zombies and skeletons will never defeat an enemy, Black coaches, black knights, blood knights, varghulfs and decently sized grave guard units do (When they are combined with skeletons or zombies).

The wight king should always have a great weapon.

W0lf
16-11-2008, 12:59
theres so much wrong with this list i dont know where to start.

I suggest proxying it a few times ;)

VC Doke
16-11-2008, 17:20
It is meant to be fun list.

I think it would be great to see the conversions in it.

If you want to be competitive you'll need to still increase the size of the GG. They're meant to die, but you don't have any other hammer in the army.

Good luck!

Leogun_91
16-11-2008, 19:11
I also find this list has a little to little magic, your probably better of with another vampire with dark acolyte. (swap one necro) Luthor Harkon does not have vampire servants and thatīs it.

and nothing that can actually kill anything. Zombies and skeletons will never defeat an enemy, Black coaches, black knights, blood knights, varghulfs and decently sized grave guard units do (When they are combined with skeletons or zombies). .The first turn of combat my skeleton unit gets, 4 skeleton attacks (hatered), 2 Necromancer attacks one with S5 (hatered), 4 Wight king attacks (hatered and killing blow), a vampire lords attacks (hatered) and 4D6 (thatīs 4-24) WS2 S2 attacks (hatered), itīs a real hammer:skull:.

The wight king should always have a great weapon.But a brace of pistols are soo cool and is closest to additional handweapon and more attacks increase my chance of striking killing blow.

Their still shot to death, there is no point in having 5 GG on their own there is no meaning to take expensive models that are just meant to die, that's what zombies are meant for.That unit is the cheapest I can give the suicide banner too and I donīt see how you get 97pts to be expensive, if he shoots at it well so be it their armour still has a good chance to force him to direct more than one unit of shooting at it and allow me to focus more on the fun spells my magic phase and if you go into CC with them you have little chance to get youīr points back, ASF and cursed pennant weakens you before the next unit arrives.

Tava
16-11-2008, 21:45
Try a Vampire lord with Red Fury, Dread Knight, Walking Death, Dreadlance and Wristbands of black gold;)

Leogun_91
17-11-2008, 10:34
Try a Vampire lord with Red Fury, Dread Knight, Walking Death, Dreadlance and Wristbands of black gold;)
I donīt want a rider.

Count Demandred
17-11-2008, 12:06
Like everyone's said, there's no point in taking 5 Grave Guard. They'd be the first target for enemy shooting.

VC Doke
17-11-2008, 16:44
He could screen the GG with bats/parrots.

The important thing with a list like this is to have fun and at least give your opponent a challenge even if you lose.

madival
17-11-2008, 23:19
why do u have necromancers at all?

VVar
17-11-2008, 23:21
The list is fine, if you don't intend to play it.

Leogun_91
18-11-2008, 09:41
why do u have necromancers at all?
1) Luthor Harkon has no vampire servants and one vampire and the rest wightkings makes me too weak in the magic phase while I at the moment can cast some spells and throw a bucket of boundspells at the enemy.
2)They allow two of my corpsecarts to re-roll failed hits in CC.

The list is fine, if you don't intend to play it.
1)That means itīs not fine an armylist is made to be played otherwise it would just be a list of models I like.
2)The post isnīt helpfull at all when commenting an armylist you should say something about how to improve it or why it isnīt good.Even this is more helpfull than your post and that doesnīt help at all
theres so much wrong with this list i dont know where to start.

I suggest proxying it a few times ;)

He could screen the GG with bats/parrots.

The important thing with a list like this is to have fun and at least give your opponent a challenge even if you lose.
That was a tactic I intended to use (when Iīm not facing armies that donīt shoot) and I think this will be a challenge to my opponents maybe just beacouse it isnīt youīr average VC build.