PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor, a tasty snack?

genestealer_baldric
17-11-2008, 20:52
Hi this is my 1st topic so if this a repeat iam sorry and could a mod please delete

Heres my question what would happen if the nids ever ate a Primark, because nids evolve with harvested DNA and get stronger and better, e.g biovores from orks, and i think zonthrops from eldar

so if they managed to munch on a Primark or even got to terra and took a bite of the Emperor would that make them so powerfull they would become unstopable or get vaporised in a massive Psychic storm from the emperor. plz forgive my spelling.:)

spartainubzy
17-11-2008, 21:14
depends on the primarch if the emperor became snack food......with any luck..... we could see a very advanced life form or a very big warrior,gaunt or it could just be a i bunch ov nids guess we might find out.

TheBigBadWolf
17-11-2008, 21:27
The Tyrant Guard are meant to have some DNA from space marine chapters lost while fighting the tyranids, so if they got a primarch it would probably be like uber Tyrant Guard.

spartainubzy
17-11-2008, 21:32
The Tyrant Guard are meant to have some DNA from space marine chapters lost while fighting the tyranids, so if they got a primarch it would probably be like uber Tyrant Guard.

i thought the emperor created space nmarines but wasnt one i still like the therory of big gaunt

PondaNagura
17-11-2008, 21:39
i think if the nids were able to get to Terra and munch the Emperor, humanitb would have a whole other problem to deal with than worry about how the nids would then evolve.

however to stay on topic, if they nids ever ate a primarch, we might see something a bit wiser in terms of tactics on the battlefield in the higher nid organisms.

as for the Emperor himself, well that would halt the astronomicon and potentially boost the psychic presence of the Hive Mind within the warp, threatening to smothering the chaos gods

genestealer_baldric
17-11-2008, 21:54
i like the idea of a massive gaunts may b warrior sizes , and the idea of the hive mind vs chaos gods. i think that the death of the emperor would allow even the lowest gaunt to have phyica powers. and as long as the 2nd eye of terra under the golden throne dosnt open and suck up all the new uber nids.

spartainubzy
17-11-2008, 22:02
long live uber nids!

El_Machinae
17-11-2008, 22:28
Well, to be clear, everything is a tasty snack!

Son of Sanguinius
17-11-2008, 22:58
Personally, I love the idea of a genestealer DNA infested Primarch. Like Corax meets Broodlord. Of course, its a little Sarah Kerrigan, but god forbid there is a reversal and 40k borrows a starcraft idea for once. :rolleyes:

Ganymene
18-11-2008, 00:17
Hi this is my 1st topic so if this a repeat iam sorry and could a mod please delete

Heres my question what would happen if the nids ever ate a Primark, because nids evolve with harvested DNA and get stronger and better, e.g biovores from orks, and i think zonthrops from eldar

so if they managed to munch on a Primark or even got to terra and took a bite of the Emperor would that make them so powerfull they would become unstopable or get vaporised in a massive Psychic storm from the emperor. plz forgive my spelling.:)

They already are unstoppable. :evilgrin:

I think the assimilation of the emperor's DNA would make a nice addition to the Hive Mind. Just having regular Space Marine DNA created the Tyrant Guard and just look how powerful they are. With the emperor's psychic abilities, the synapse creatures could probably control the lesser creatures from much farther away, preventing the synapse link being broken when something big goes down.

Also, I don't think the hive mind would be in danger from the emperor due to the shadow in the warp. If the Tyranids ever got close to Terra, the Astronomicon would be severely hampered or even shut down completely from the rest of the universe.

Orkeosaurus
18-11-2008, 00:23
What if the Tyranids finally reached Terra, devoured the Emperor, and absorbed his DNA only to all become quadriplegic?

Caelnaethon
18-11-2008, 00:47
As I understand the ever-shifting "science" behind 40k, the Tyranids have nothing in particular to gain from eating Primarchs. The progenoid glands of every Space Marine contain the genetic material of his Primarch, so the Tyranids have already devoured samples from most if not all of the known Primarchs (and hell, for all we know, the unknown ones too). Space Marines' own genes are not altered in their transformation, so the Primarch DNA in their organs is presumably what makes Tyrant Guard what they are.

Firaxin
18-11-2008, 01:16
What if the Tyranids finally reached Terra, devoured the Emperor, and absorbed his DNA only to all become quadriplegic?
It doesn't work like that. If you and your mate cut off all of your ears, you'll still give birth to a kid with ears.

Orkeosaurus
18-11-2008, 03:00
It doesn't work like that. If you and your mate cut off all of your ears, you'll still give birth to a kid with ears.

Jean-Baptiste Lamarck and I would like to disagree with you! :mad:

Of course, how do we know the Emperor's psychic ability is genetic? Not all inborn traits are wired into a person's genetic code, without even going into the Emperor having a soul/starchild/whatever.

Templar_Victorious
18-11-2008, 03:22
Necron metallic constructs are NOT snack.

genestealer_baldric
18-11-2008, 07:26
i reckon that the primarks would enhance the nids dna or make them phyiscal more resistant because primarks can take blows that would easily kill a normal marine, e.g when the emperor punched russ knocking him out for a month (i think that happend in some fluff i read somewhere) that would of left a messy paste on the emperor fist if it was any one else he punched, so it would make alot harder to take down may b making even gaunts as hard as marines

Psyker Bearzerker
18-11-2008, 07:34
Guantifex with battlefield synapse :P

Koryphaus
18-11-2008, 07:38
If the Tyranids ate the Emperor, he would be reborn as the Starchild and lay down a whole world of hurt on everything not human!

genestealer_baldric
18-11-2008, 08:04
an endless swarm of gauntfex`s ;) basically and endless swarm of marine toughness gaunts thatv would make the starchild look up and think seriously about joining the hive mind

Caelnaethon
18-11-2008, 10:02
e.g when the emperor punched russ knocking him out for a month (i think that happend in some fluff i read somewhere) that would of left a messy paste on the emperor fist if it was any one else he punched
It's from Index Astartes, and the Emperor was wearing a powerfist at the time. Sadly, that's not a hereditary trait. :p

As to whether the 'nids would gain anything from eating the Emperor, that depends on his origin. If the shamanic gestalt story is correct, there's nothing special in his genes, he's just possessed by a ball of reincarnated souls. If he was simply born a powerful psyker (or if he's an Old One, or somesuch) then that will be reflected in his genes.

genestealer_baldric
18-11-2008, 10:06
another factor with eating the Emperor is that it will destroy the astronomicom would that then make warp travel impossible. meaning that the nids can easily capture there prey due to lack of cordination and lack of re inforcements. also it may compleatly change the way nids fight with the ablity of intellgent gaunts etc.. so no need for synapse making a nid invasion alot harder to stop or distrupt

Gorbad Ironclaw
18-11-2008, 12:36
Nids could make 'intelligent' gaunts now if they wanted to. There are certainly free ranging and 'thinking' Nid organisms created from there current gene-pool. But why would they want to do that? The current 'mindless' swarm behaviour is working perfectly fine for the Hive Mind, and it does have critters like Hive Tyrants who can adapt to local battlefield conditions and make sure everything works.

Giving each guant independent decision making capacity doesn't seem like it would be high on the Hive Minds wish-list. If anything it would probably diminish the Tyranids as a treat, rather than make them more dangerous.

PondaNagura
18-11-2008, 14:08
even with the shaman story, the Emperor was still a mutant, not in the likes that the current Imperial society admonishes, but if he can take and tweak his DNA to create uber-clone sons for himself, then there must be something incorporated within his body, not just soul.

so nids might actually inherit some trait...like living longer, or imposing a greater will upon non-synapse creatures. being so darn handsome and all.

emperorpenguin
18-11-2008, 15:35
Heres my question what would happen if the nids ever ate a Primark,:)

i reckon that the primarks .......
because primarks can take blows

Sorry but this has to be said

Primarch = Space Marine Legion genetic founder and combat monster

Primark = Cheap clothing shop

:angel:

genestealer_baldric
18-11-2008, 15:42
that might be true but dont you wonder where Primarch get their clothes from?

yeah my bad my spelling is rubbissh.

emperorpenguin
18-11-2008, 16:26
that might be true but dont you wonder where Primarch get their clothes from? .

Are they selling Power armour in Primark? :D I wonder if it falls apart like their clothing

El_Machinae
18-11-2008, 18:18
Nids could make 'intelligent' gaunts now if they wanted to. There are certainly free ranging and 'thinking' Nid organisms created from there current gene-pool. But why would they want to do that? The current 'mindless' swarm behaviour is working perfectly fine for the Hive Mind, and it does have critters like Hive Tyrants who can adapt to local battlefield conditions and make sure everything works.

Giving each guant independent decision making capacity doesn't seem like it would be high on the Hive Minds wish-list. If anything it would probably diminish the Tyranids as a treat, rather than make them more dangerous.

I was thinking a similar thing. This DNA could create the necessary conditions for psychic individuality, and then we'd see the beginnings of the huge 'nid civil war.

de Selby
18-11-2008, 21:49
Guilleman is still in stasis in Ultamar, so this nearly happened. I don't think genes in 40k work the same way as genes in the real world, so who knows (inherited characteristics, psychic powers, memories, anything could be transmissible).

By rule of cool something big would happen. Maybe we'd see some Norn kings.

genestealer_baldric
19-11-2008, 07:15
i forgot about that Guilleman was in stasis when the nids attacked and due to Guilleman who surposely was the best Primarch for tactics it would make the nids dramatically more tacticly minded., may b it would allow to devlope the ablity to communicate with with non- nid lifeforms normally to convert them to the nid cause. when they won then the nids would eat them. yeah thats a big prob making each nid more individual it would reduce cohesion between forces and yeah might start the nid heresy.