PDA

View Full Version : come and listen...to the saga! (general 40k)

lord marcus
18-11-2008, 22:40
this is to be my general 40k log....one thing first

randomness is a definite in here!

whew, with that over, i present....

PROJECT 1 : CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR THE MAGISTER

the magister being my latin teacher. i'm in high school.

i decided to buy sicarius to paint for him. in other words "sergeant centurius" as i couldn't find the original in time (christmas party for latin club on the 12th december - i want this to be good, i need as much time as possible [AMTAP TM])

i started with him yesterday, picking the bitz i wanted to use and filing the others away in my major bitz box ( i have 1-2 smaller ones around)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/daemons/P1002879.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/P1003403.jpg

due to homework overload, i got back to him today, by basecoating him and his parts (not shown - priming was the only thing done on monday)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/P1003406.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/P1003407.jpg

lord marcus
18-11-2008, 22:44
i'm undecided on the cloak...i was thinking green to match the helmet crest and U's, but i'm not sure...... any ideas or suggestions?

--------------------

-----------------

to top it off, some concept sketch's for my adeptus mech project (done when bored in class.... i also drew a few marine things (the cyclonic missile launcher)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/P1003380.jpg

lord marcus
20-11-2008, 02:25
not in any specific chapter. i'm doing him in a limited pallette

red (armor)
gold (armor sections, some details, shoulder pads)
silver (detail)
white/ cream (helmet/cape)
green (details)

the only other thing i have undecided is the power coils for the plasma pistol... any siggestions on color?

Kasrkin 666
21-11-2008, 08:22
The best method for me is a coat of Khemri brown, followed by THIN layers of grayveyard earth, kommando khaki, then bleached bone. Highlights of white are always nice to make it deeper. Remember this is not the best method, and I am trying better ones.

-Sunny

p.s. sorry if I make no sense, it's almost 1 am:(

t-tauri
21-11-2008, 21:09
Please read the project log guidelines (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107322) particulary the point that this isn't a chatroom. A number of posts removed.

fiore hellheart
21-11-2008, 21:18
this model is cool and happy birthday to ya

lord marcus
21-11-2008, 21:51
sorry T-tauri if i specifically did anything wrong. secondly, thanks hellheart. i'm continuing work on the centurius model for magister. i will have a big update tonight.

btw, i'm putting out the call. any and all people who have any necron torso's/heads/arms or guns and any mechanicus looking bitz/enginseers, i'm interested in purchasing/trading for them.

anyhoo, see you all tonight!

Kasrkin 666
22-11-2008, 21:32
I have some Necron stuff..assembled that is if it's no big deal.

-Sunny

lord marcus
22-11-2008, 23:07
yea.. a bit... i need the bitz seperated..not glued. its ok, theres always more people willing to rid themselves of expensive plastic bitz.

sorry for lack of the update i promised.. my friend came over and i did not get time. i'll try tonight.

fiore hellheart
22-11-2008, 23:31
yea.. a bit... i need the bitz seperated..not glued. its ok, theres always more people willing to rid themselves of expensive plastic bitz.

sorry for lack of the update i promised.. my friend came over and i did not get time. i'll try tonight.

tut tut :( nah its okay, just do'nt forget, not unlike my self :p

crandall87
22-11-2008, 23:34
i started with him yesterday, picking the bitz i wanted to use and filing the others away in my major bitz box ( i have 1-2 smaller ones around)

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/daemons/P1002879.jpg

This is something I can relate to except we have a whole cabinets similar to these. They do come in handy don't they?

Interesting scheme. I'm sure it will look really good when it all comes together.

tcraigen
23-11-2008, 00:16
I have one of those for never used marine bits, and a couple other divided containers for the "others" all in all I must have half a dozen bitz boxes and I still manage to stumble apon boxes or containers that have been forgotten about with dark eldar, old school orks, lost guard bitz and many other things. Some how they all manage to end up with a disturbing amount of hair in them over time... and with all the things to hold the piles of bitz the desk surface is still the number one spot to store the best bitz. I have piles around the wip models, like a battle field of limbs of those that once were, will never be and may one day become.

lord marcus
23-11-2008, 03:23
This is something I can relate to except we have a whole cabinets similar to these. They do come in handy don't they?

Interesting scheme. I'm sure it will look really good when it all comes together.

yea, they really do come in handy. it helps to have labels though...

yea, its supposed to be roman-esque to give it that latin feel so it will be suitable for my latin teacher as a christmas present.

speaking of which, the main model and backpack are done, but due to my rechargable batteries being mad at me ( i may have offended thier machine spirit...omnissiah protect me) i have no pics. i'll see what i can do tommorow.

I have one of those for never used marine bits, and a couple other divided containers for the "others" all in all I must have half a dozen bitz boxes and I still manage to stumble apon boxes or containers that have been forgotten about with dark eldar, old school orks, lost guard bitz and many other things. Some how they all manage to end up with a disturbing amount of hair in them over time... and with all the things to hold the piles of bitz the desk surface is still the number one spot to store the best bitz. I have piles around the wip models, like a battle field of limbs of those that once were, will never be and may one day become.

that happens to me too...

-----------

the ad mech aspirants are coming together nicely, and probably will serve double duty as a necromunda gang

Shortsonfire79
23-11-2008, 03:31
Subscribed..not much to say, cuz theres not much posted..but cool drawings yet again

My boxes beat your box. =-D

lord marcus
23-11-2008, 05:19
eh, there will be more posted shortly. i do think centurius is my best model yet... so much so i may buy another just to paint it in the exact same scheme.

lord marcus
23-11-2008, 05:47
double post, but..........fluff update! (at least its something of substance)

+++ RUJORUAN MILLITARY MATRIX ++++

++ DOC#001MK3.0 ++
++ Date = M41.500 ++
++ Transmitted to: mars ++
++ Received by: fabricator general of mars’ office ++
++ Author = magos primus mandati Maxwell zephos ++
++ Astropathic duct = mechanicus astropathicus primus Oswald ++

Enclosed within the following document file is the military overview of the Rujoruan forgeworld at the midpoint of the millennium. This overview is in accordance with mechanicus directive admech.445.

UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCES
-------------------------------------

By the will of the Omnissiah, when voyager fleet 789 landed on Rujorua and found the inhabitants dedicated to the so called “king of gears” it was with haste and efficiency never before seen that the population was brought under mechanicus rule and dedicated to the holy machine god. Without warning, thousands of men from the worlds main cities journeyed to the newly constructed high temple of the omnissiah, which was once the main temple to the king of gears (expanded and consecrated by the voyager fleet tech adepts), and kneeled, singing in unison an oath that dedicated their souls to the machine god and to fight in his holy name.

Deeming it prudent to light the spark of rebellion at such an early stage of colonization, arch magos Julian Dargo sanctified the creation of the legio scutulatus (with the helpful council of the once nominal ruler of Rujorua, Joseph Arkhan), which would act as a body of armed men sworn to the Omnissiah’s servants. In effect becoming an enhanced planetary defense force. This unique situation led to the skitarii legions accompanying voyager fleet 789 to be broken down and become veteran warriors, instructors, officers, and the heavy infantry elite of the scutulatus.

HIGH COMMAND
-----------------------

The high command of the Rujoruan military is made up of the senior magos of the division mandati and his or her personal staff of adepts. The current high commander of the Rujoruan military forces, including the titan legio ever steel, the praetorian legions, and the legio scutulatus is magos primus mandati Maxwell zephos. The commander of the legio scutulatus is magos senioris Douglas Armug. The princeps Maximus of legio ever steel is lord Norval Morka.

PRAETORIAN LEGIONS
--------------------------------

Taking into account the abnormal military situation of Rujorua, The praetorian skitarii have been separated from the greater mass of hypaspist skitarii to form elite legions. These perform the dual role of heavy infantry and bodyguards to the high command personnel

Surprisingly, a female Praetorian has distinguished herself upon the field of battle as an adept commander of her peers, and as her due, has been given the honorary title of centurion maximus praetorius, and with it, command of the full complement of praetorians on Rujorua.

LEGIO SCUTULATUS
----------------------------

Due to the high number of men wishing to come under arms, the legio scutulatus, or “the shield of Rujorua” was created. The troopers held within are divided into three distinct groups:

Skitarii
---------

As mentioned earlier in this report, skitarii have been made into the various command, training, and elite units of the legio scutulatus

Initiates
----------

The basic troopers of the legio, these men are given high-grade equipment, durable armour and fatigues, and rudimentary mechanical knowledge so as to better repair and maintain this equipment.

Aspirants
------------

Newly inducted or voluntary troopers, straight from the training facilities, these men are reverent in their dedication to the omnissiah, and are often grouped into large units where their weight of numbers and devotion will win them through. A member of the divisio extremis often leads these groups into battle.

TITAN LEGIO EVER STEEL
-----------------------------------

a relatively new titan legio at only four centuries old, the titans of the ever steel are none-the-less experienced, for they have been shipped out to numerous war zones over the course of their existence to gain invaluable insight into the feel of bloody combat. The legio currently numbers at 50 (fifty) engines.

Signed, Maxwell zephos

++++ Transmission ends ++++

Shortsonfire79
23-11-2008, 05:58
Not bad, since you just wrote it

MANY capitalization errors, not too many grammatical. Its good for something that you JUST wrote. Considering the time since I last talked to you, its pretty good. I hope you expand it. Further

lord marcus
23-11-2008, 06:08
will do when i get the chance. i hope this gives a brief overview of what i;m aiming for with the mechanicus army.

lord marcus
24-11-2008, 02:12
progress as of last night

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/chaplin-isaac/P1003421.jpg