PDA

View Full Version : DE Power of Darkness

ghoust
19-11-2008, 21:49
The search in forums did not work, so I post it even if it might have been answered:
From reading the description of Power of Darkness (at least in the german edition) I would read it that I can use this spell no matter which spell list I chose all dark elf wizards know it, there is no mentioning that only the ones choosing lore of darkness. Have there been any discussions about this? Army builder also does only provide it if I choose the Darkness spell lore.

Svarog
19-11-2008, 21:59
Its a spell all dark elf Sorceress Know automatically regardless of which lore you take.

theunwantedbeing
19-11-2008, 22:02
If an ambiguity appears in armybuilder, it's most likely an error if it seems to conflict with what the armybook says.
Remember armybuilder is for building an army with, not for use as an armybook.

Page 62 of the Dark Elf armybook is quite clear that all Dark elf sorceresses know the power of darkness spell, regardless of the lore they have chosen.

ghoust
22-11-2008, 19:07
thanx for your advice, guess I should not trust army builder too much..

BEEGfrog
22-11-2008, 19:42
thanx for your advice, guess I should not trust army builder too much..

Army builder only provides the software not the army lists, they are provided by amateurs doing it for fun/themselves unfunded and for free. They rely on users to report errors like this. I think a notice appears when you load the list or can be found in the relevant directory to tell you where to report the errors for any army list.

nosferatu1001
23-11-2008, 07:17
Agreed - use "visit datafile authors website" from the help menu, that takes you to the WHFB forum for AB.

Another error is that power stones are listed in AB as 25 points, which is too high.