PDA

View Full Version : Daemonhunters (model) wishlist...

rodmillard
19-11-2008, 23:27
With the new Grey Knight goodness coming out from forgeworld, it looks like the Inquisition are finally going to be getting some love (albeit from a subsidiary, not GW themselves). So I was wondering what other models we would like to see FW produce - and, if anyone knows, how we would go about petitioning Forgeworld to make them.

Please do not post requests for new rules for existing units. If you'd really love to see a GK landspeeder then say so, but save the "Rites of Exorcism is broken since Codex Daemons came out and should be replaced with..." debates for one of the many other threads on the subject.

So, my 0.02:

Personally, I love the theme of "Ordo Malleus variant vehicles" that they seem to be bringing out with the new models. as well as the aforementioned psycannon/incinerator Landspeeder, I'd love to see an Inquisition Whirlwind equivalent - something with "ignores invulnerable save" warheads on a large blast template...

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, I would love forgeworld to sculpt a Grand Master model - something with the dynamic pose and level of detail we've seen on the recent Red Scorpions commander or Chaos Lord. GW don't produce one - you either have to use the Stern SC model or the generic hero from the terminator box set, so the floor is wide open.

Finally, I would like to see a conversion kit (or even complete resin models) to do GK terminators with thunder hammer & storm shield. It's one of the few effective anti-tank options in the list, and with the best will in the world I have neither the time nor the skill to get conversions looking even halfway like the metal models.

Lord Inquisitor
19-11-2008, 23:43
Funny you should mention it, I think an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Land Speeder would be really rather cool although Space Marines really have that already (the Storm). I would really like to see some true Inquisitorial Stormtroopers too, while we're at it (perhaps some kind of imposing face mask?)

Some real battle servitors would be cool (that's a real likelihood as the next IA is supposed to be forge world armies themselves).

A gun cutter would be cool. Or some kind of armoured limosine for Inquisitors?

burning crome
20-11-2008, 02:48
I second the Grand Master, and a stormtrooper conversion set would be very cool. As to new units GK really lack anti-a so some sort of excises type LR would be very cool.And may be a higher armour fire surpport dread could fill the gap. I all way wanted the shorter version of the thunder hark(the inq person transport model) show in the IA book as well since it could be armed with some new funky stuff. Hopefull not every thing will be GK based, let the normal and radicals have some fun as well?.

I'm sure they'll do a phycannon type deathstorm as well which should make demon players just cry

Hicks
20-11-2008, 04:55
I'd like to see somekind of jetbike for them, but Grand Masters and Chaplains would be sick.

Inquisitor Engel
20-11-2008, 05:12
Posable Terminators. The current ones are beautiful miniatures but I'd love to be able to pose them a bit better.

Johnnyfrej
20-11-2008, 06:08
Grey Knight Terminators with Assault Cannons. :D

squeekenator
20-11-2008, 06:46
I fully agree with the Grand Master idea. Such awesome rules should be rewarded by a kickass model.

MajorWesJanson
20-11-2008, 07:56
I'd love to see a charging terminator with both hands on a massive daemonhammer, sort of how the vanguard sarge is posed.

AdmiralDick
20-11-2008, 10:33
i'm not really a fan of GK armies (i believe it weakens the theme) and i'm not hugely impressed by any of the miniatures in their range either, so if i was going to vote for anything it would be:

1. a conversion kit for the plastic Terminators to make them look like the old school GKs

2. GK Command models like a GK Grand Master, Chaplain and Apothecary (all in Terminator armour)

3. some funky Ordo Malleus stuff that doesn't appear in the codex. anti-daemon tanks and stuff.