PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings vs Nurgle

Cap'n Facebeard
20-11-2008, 01:59
Hi, this question might get me a snarky response but I don't have the TK book so:

Does the Mark of Nurgle's -1 to hit with shooting affect Tomb Kings bows?

Thanx

Alathir
20-11-2008, 02:01
As far as I understand it, nothing can modify the to hit value of Tomb King bows. I believe the wording is 'never suffer any penalties or bonuses.'

So its a no from me.

marv335
20-11-2008, 02:02
no.
Tomb kings hit on a 5+ regardless of any modifiers.

Cap'n Facebeard
20-11-2008, 02:21
Yeah that was my belief. Guess ol' TK's gonna have enough trouble killing Chaos Warriors with bows.

Bac5665
20-11-2008, 02:27
TK need 6s to hit a unit with the mark of nurgle. The rule is only that they never count bonuses or penalties. And since all TK have BS2, they happen to hit on 5s. Changing their BS isn't a bonus or penalty to hit; so TK are effected.

Necromancy Black
20-11-2008, 05:18
TK need 6s to hit a unit with the mark of nurgle. The rule is only that they never count bonuses or penalties. And since all TK have BS2, they happen to hit on 5s. Changing their BS isn't a bonus or penalty to hit; so TK are effected.

Condradulatiosn on shooting yourself in the foot.

The mark of nurgle has no affect or impact on BS. It simply adds and extra -1 to hit modifier. The mark does affect WS of the attacker, but has not affect at all on the BS.

As long as it's saying it's a hit modifier and not a BS modifier, the TK continue to hit on 5+.

Lordmonkey
20-11-2008, 09:35
BS has nothing to do with TK archers. Their special rule states that they "always hit on a 5+ regardless of any bonuses or penalties".

Since they ignore penalties to hit, the mark of Nurgle will not affect their shooting.

Gazak Blacktoof
20-11-2008, 09:43
BS has nothing to do with TK archers. Their special rule states that they "always hit on a 5+ regardless of any bonuses or penalties".

That's not how the the tomb king special rule is worded at all. Tomb Kings "do not count any penalties or bonuses to hit when shooting". This means that a Bs 2 archer hits on a 5+ however if his Bs is reduced to a 1 he will hit on a 6+ instead.

How this interacts with the MoN I'm not sure because I can't remember what it does. If it affects ballistic skill it will affect tomb kings, if on the other hand it produces a to hit modifier instead it will have no effect.

Necromancy Black
20-11-2008, 10:11
Exactly, and the mark of nurgle is a -1 to hit modifier for shooting and -1 WS in close combat.

I remember reading that can going "crap, my mates stinking TK archers won't be affected!!!!"

Oh, if only the -1 BS rumours had been true :(

Freakiq
20-11-2008, 10:20
This means large amounts of shooting can be effective against nugle warriors.

I'd invest in Queen Khalida and poison arrows.

Lordmonkey
20-11-2008, 10:50
That's not how the the tomb king special rule is worded at all. Tomb Kings "do not count any penalties or bonuses to hit when shooting".

Gah, fail! :( I've been conned then :cries:

theunwantedbeing
20-11-2008, 11:07
You've only been conned if you has some sort of ballistic skill reducing ability that you made the skeletons archers be affected by.
The only army I can think of that gets Bs reducing effects is the DE army.

Always hits on a 5+ is what your going to get hold by the TK player though. Even though that is stricly speaking, not correct.

marv335
20-11-2008, 11:15
I used to love archery duels against WE in hard cover at long range :D
-4 to hit?
Still hitting on a 5.
:D

Lordmonkey
20-11-2008, 12:40
An opponent once told me "TK archers are always 5's to hit"

Silly me.

Gazak Blacktoof
20-11-2008, 14:40
Normally that is the case. People rarely give the exact wording in the relevant book when they're telling you the rules.