90pts

15 Slayers
Musician, Standard Bearer, Troll Slayer
198pts

Gyrocopter
140pts

Total: 1500pts
DD: 4

Does anyone know a decent Dwarf hammer unit? I think I've got a fairly decent anvil if the BSB and general stay with one of the Warrior units, but don't know what to use as a hammer. The slayers maybe?

Malorian
20-11-2008, 14:30
I like it. Should do very well : )

Ozorik
20-11-2008, 16:32
Its a good start, there are a couple of things that I would change though.

Your thane and BSB are both decent for their cost. The dragon slayer though does not need a 50 point runic axe for 2 reasons. Firstly he loses the slayer axes rule and more importantly it makes him too expensive to use in the role that he is most suitied for, a one man tarpit. Mine always dies but he always does something suitible heroic in the process, a complete unit of coldone knights in the last game for instance only to be riddled with crossbow bolts the following turn.

A dragon slayer with no runes is quite possibly the most efficent 50 points you can spend in any army provided that you use him properly.

The rest of your list is good, although I think that your slayer block is a bit too large and they dont really need any command. Slayers are another great tarpit unit (who also die nearly every game) so splashing out on standards etc isnt really worth it IMO.

For a Dwarf hammer units then I think that slayers (with their handy special rules) or small units of great weapon longbeards/hammers 'detatchments' are the way to go.

With that In mind I would drop the dragon slayers rune (definately do this), 5 slayers and the command options from the slayer block (Id probably keep the giant slayer though) and get a unit of 10 warriors with great weapons. Or just shave off 40 points somewhere and give your ranged troops great weapons and use them to countercharge.