PDA

View Full Version : Talisman of Loec (again!)

enyoss
20-11-2008, 15:07
Hello all,

I did a quick search and couldn't seem to find any evidence of the use of this item having been cleared up. The High Elf FAQ was similarly unenlightening. I'm assuming some kind of agreement has been reached however as it seems that quite a lot of people happily go about their games using it (unlike the Stone of Rebirth before its FAQ)!

So my question would be: how exactly does the Talisman work?

(1) Make all rolls to hit and wound, and then start the process again if you don't like the result. Then make saves etc.

(2) Make all rolls to hit. Re-roll these if you don't like the result. Then make all rolls to wound. Re-roll these if you don't like the result. Then make saves etc.

If this wasn't actually cleared up then please feel free to say so and I'll just use the more tame interpretation given in (1). I must admit though, I'm hoping that interpretation (2) will come out on top :).

Thanks for the help,

enyoss

p.s. It's for a game tonight so big love to anyone who replies quickly :D.

Gazak Blacktoof
20-11-2008, 17:08
Certainly 2. It has two seperate effects.

1. You may re-roll yout to hit rolls.

2. You may re-roll your to wound rolls.

If these effects were on seperate items I don't think you'd even be asking the question.

Condottiere
20-11-2008, 19:26
I heard somewhere that the foreign editions were clearer on this matter, and were in favour of answer 2.

enyoss
21-11-2008, 09:42
Thanks for the replies. After a bit of discussion I played it using interpretation (2) in any case, and managed to KB his Chaos Lord on manticore :D. Good to hear it has been cleared up a little though, even if in a language I undoubtebly don't understand!

Thanks again,

enyoss