PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Doubles VC & Empire

Eisenhorn
22-11-2008, 15:45
Hello my friend and I are planning to go to the Fantasy doubles. Im taking VC and he is bring Empire. We are trying to make them compliment each other.

750 pts of Vampire Counts List: 1

Heros

Vampire
Powers: Dark acolyte, Lord of the dead
Items: Nightshroud, Wristbands of black gold = 195pts

Vampire
Powers: Avatar of death, Supernatural horror
Items: Balefire spike, Book of arkhan
Mount: Hellsteed = 215pts

Core

12 Skeleton warrior
Standard bearer
Banner of hellfire = 114pts

12 Skeleton warrior
Standard bearer = 104pts

Special

5 Black Knights = 120pts

Totale = 748pts

An alternative list
750 pts of Vampire Counts List: 1

Heroes

Vampire

Necromancer
Spell: Vanhels Dance macabre
Item: Book of Arkhan = 90pts

Core

13 Skeleton warrior
Standard bearer = 112pts

13 Skeleton warrior
Standard bearer = 112pts

Corps cart
Balefire = 100pts

Special

5 Black Knights = 120pts

Total = 749pts

My friends Empire

750pt Empire list: 1

Heroes

Wisard Lvl 2
Items: Scroll, Crystal ball = 140pts

Core

10 hand guners
Master marksman, Hochland = 105pts

10 hand guners

10 hand guners

10 hand guners

Special

Mortar = 75pts

Great cannon = 100pts

Total = 735pts

Ok so thats what we have come up with, any input would be great, its our first doubles so be gentle and let us know what you think and what you would change.

Walls
22-11-2008, 17:41
The empire list isn't going to make any friends, that's for sure. I'd take the danse items out from the list. You don't have big enough units.

Actually, being it's 1500 I would crunch your core units into bigger ones, get rid of the Black Knights and buy more core. Your partner has ALL guns. You shouldn't be charging up the field, it just doesn't synch up strategically. I'd be waiting for a charge. Spears on the skeletons. Put 2-3 blocks in front of the hills the handgunners are on and take charges. This is a pseudo dwarf gunline.

Eisenhorn
23-11-2008, 00:28
I can see what you are saying, but i like the punch that the Black knights bring. We are looking at different strategies mostly trying to make Empire work with VC.

Im trying tell my mate that he needs more melee unites. it might be an idea to have one big skelli unit. I cant have them with spears cause they are already built and sprayed.

Thanks for the input though ill see if we can remake the list and put it up tomorrow.

Eisenhorn
23-11-2008, 20:53
Okay so my friend and i sat down and went over what we want to do with the army. we can up with to complete revisions.

750 pts of Vampire Counts List: 3

Heros

Vampire

Vampire
Powers: Avatar of death, Supernatural horror

Core

11 Skeleton warrior
Musician
Standard bearer = 100pts

Special

19 Grave Guard
Standard bearer = 240

Totale = 750pts

750pt Empire list: 2

Heroes

Warrior Priest
Great weapon
Armour of meteoric iron = 119pts

Core

10 hand gunners

10 hand gunners

24 Swordsmen
Standard bearer
Musician
Duellist = 169pts

Special

5 Outriders
Champion, Hochland = 126pts

5 Outriders
Champion, Hochland = 126pts

Total = 750pts

Against most armies we are going to march up the field shoot and charge.

madival
24-11-2008, 01:38
need two core units. Ghouls>skeletons in this kind of game. trust me the initiative/toughness/point difference/jsut plain>the skelton ness will help

Eisenhorn
24-11-2008, 08:18
Each army only needs one core as long as both armies together includes 2+ core and 2-3 heroes.

Yeah i can see where you are coming from with the ghouls. they are a valid option, but they do have weakness compared to skellis. Ghouls have no armor save, and no banner.

Well im looking at them right now in my book and 2 attacks with poison and toughness 4 is very tempting. Only one problem i need to go and buy two boxes of ghouls cause i have non.

Gokamok
24-11-2008, 13:46
I'd suggest having your Vampire part built something like this instead:

Vampire (General)
-Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls
-Wristbands of Black Gold, Power Stone
195 points

Vampire (BSB)
-Avatar of Death (Great Weapon), Flying Horror
-Flayed Hauberk, Black Periapt
215 points

10 Ghouls
-Ghast
88 points

19 Grave Guard
-Standard Bearer
-Banner of Hellfire
250 points

748 points

I think your general benefits a lot more from a Power Stone than from the Nightshroud, since you definitely don't want him in combat anyway, and he should be able to hide behind some of your units.

I'm not a big fan of Hellsteeds since you can't join units when you're mounted on them. The surprise factor is also nice when your vampire on foot suddenly charges 20" with his 3 S7 attacks and +1 CR:D Supernatural Horror might be good against some armies, but with so many ItP units around these days, it's likely to be a waste in many of your games.

As someone pointed out earlier, Ghouls are just vastly superior to Skeletons, especially in low-point games.

I like the empire part, but I think you'd benefit a lot from getting a small detachment of Swordsmen for the melee block. Maybe skip the duellist and the Hochlands on the Outriders to pay for it.

Eisenhorn
24-11-2008, 23:38
Well my firend and i crunched some numbers and we decided to go with the empire army as it is.

@Gokamok

Nice input i do agree with most of what you are saying accept the vampires. First of the BSB is illegal you can not take magic items as a BSB says so in the BSB entry in the VC book.

I think that my hellstead does exactly what you are saying. He does 3 str 7 attacks that are flaming + 1 str 4 from the stead. He flies and causes terror, but Supernatural horror costs the same as Walking death which gives +1 to combat res. I am unsure now on which on to take, but i think its a matter of play testing.

I will justify my items on the other vampire as well. She has the wrist bands to avoid nasty shooting (cannons, hochlands, magic missiles). The nightshroud is there to give her the upper hand in most combats if she is charging or not. She goes in the front rank of the Grave Guard unit to be even more protected and to pack a extra punch in combat. She is after all a vampire not a mortal human :rolleyes:

So I have rewritten my list hopefully for the last time.

750 pts of Vampire Counts List: 4

Heros

Vampire
Powers: Dark acolyte, Summon ghouls

Vampire
Powers: Avatar of death, Supernatural horror (or Walking Death)

Core

10 Ghouls
Ghast = 88pts

Special

19 Grave Guard
Standard bearer
Banner of Hellfire = 240

Totale = 748pts

madival
24-11-2008, 23:45
why banner of hellfire?

Eisenhorn
25-11-2008, 07:56
Flaming attacks... To take down regen stuff, mainly nurgle.

And i had 12 points spare.