PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Shield Bearers and Killing Blow?

FaHeMan89
22-11-2008, 16:47
Sorry if this was posted before, but an interesting point came up the other day: As a dwarf lord on shield bearers is US 3, does that make the lord himself immune to killing blow? Its not as if the dwarf lord is any bigger or tougher, but the model is US 3. What are you guys' thoughts on this?

lcfr
22-11-2008, 16:49
Yes, he becomes immune to killing blow as he is now a model with unit strength 3. As far as I know noone argues to the contrary. Hope this is helpful.

Grimtuff
22-11-2008, 17:31
Correct, silly isn't it? :rolleyes:

Festus
22-11-2008, 17:50
Hi

Yes, it is silly :p

... and I do argue otherwise, but as you all know, I am easily intimidated and give in quickly ... :evilgrin:

Festus

Kalec
22-11-2008, 23:41
He is not immune to Killing Blow, he is immune to most forms of KB. Skulltaker can still KB a lord with shield bearers, as can anyone else with the ability to KB higher US models then normal.

Devil Tree
23-11-2008, 00:16
Why would he be immune to killing blow? Models on horses arenít immune to killing blow. Itís not like the shield bearers put him beyond reach, even when heís elevated by the shield bears he couldnít be more than 6 feet tall.

jpf1982
23-11-2008, 02:43
He is immune to KB because with his shieldbearers he is counted as a "single model" with US 3 or higher.

FaHeMan89
23-11-2008, 07:42
Now, heres another question about the lord on the bearers... Does this guy count as being mounted, as if on a horse or chariot...? and therefore only get +1 strength from his greatweapon? We discussed this at the GW and came to the conclusion that he does only get +1 strength, what are your takes on this?

Grimtuff
23-11-2008, 08:07
Now, heres another question about the lord on the bearers... Does this guy count as being mounted, as if on a horse or chariot...? and therefore only get +1 strength from his greatweapon? We discussed this at the GW and came to the conclusion that he does only get +1 strength, what are your takes on this?

We had this discussion before. If you want to get silly, he is neither mounted nor on foot, so there are no rules covering how he wields his Great Weapon. ;)

Axis
25-11-2008, 23:54
It doesn't say he is mounted so i don't see why you would think he is,

As to the OP the rules say he is immune to (normal) KB since he is US3. I am not sure he should be but at the moment he is.

Grimtuff
26-11-2008, 10:02
It doesn't say he is mounted so i don't see why you would think he is,

Just do a search, this thread has been done to death so many times.