PDA

View Full Version : Chariots and two-handed weapons

mistermaster
22-11-2008, 23:15
Am i correct to believe that a 2 handed weapon only grants +1 Str on a chariot?

If so, how can i convince my gaming group supported by rulebook? I can give some reasons but they only can tell me to show then a place in the rulebook where it says so explicitly.

Thanks in advance,

BEEGfrog
22-11-2008, 23:28
Am i correct to believe that a 2 handed weapon only grants +1 Str on a chariot?

If so, how can i convince my gaming group supported by rulebook? I can give some reasons but they only can tell me to show then a place in the rulebook where it says so explicitly.

Thanks in advance,

Just get them to explain why chariots aren't mounted and are infantry, and if they can do so, then let them have the +2 strength.

Otherwise it is the page that lists the rules for weapons, it has a different entry for GW on foot (+2 Str) and mounted (+1 Str). Chariotry count as mounted so get the +1 not the +2.

Kalec
22-11-2008, 23:36
Just show them the part in the rulebook about models riding chariots being mounted, and they won't have much of an argument.

mistermaster
22-11-2008, 23:45
There´s a problem there,

When we see the rules for weapons and look at the spear or lance (Str bonus on charge) it says explicitly thar it grants the bonus to mounted, chariots and heroes over monsters. When we look at 2-handed weapons entry it doesn´t says so explicitly. Here is when they say that mounted character and chariot crew counts as infantry.

Is there any WD, FAQ or page in rulebook where it says so explicitly? Help please!!

Kalec
22-11-2008, 23:55
Wait, they are claiming that mounted means something different for spears and lances then it does for great weapons? Unless they have some very strong evidence (which they don't), then this is denial more then anything else.

I am assuming you mean great weapons specifically, not just two-handed weapons in general. Because in the entry for great weapons, it has a separate profile for when mounted and when on foot, just like spears do.

theunwantedbeing
22-11-2008, 23:57
Page 55, List of weapons.

Then hit them with the book if you have the hardback version and they've been getting +2 strength while in a chariot.

Einholt
23-11-2008, 03:14
Ha! Daemons can be used to justify a good rule.

Have a look in different books such as the new WoC and Daemons books, Chariots are listed under Herald as a "Mount" option in the WoC book. This shows them that Chariots are Mounts

And then refer to page 55 of the main rule book as stated and show them the Great Weapon Entry for mounted right at the bottom of the page right under infantry Great Weapon.

Note the hero/model in a chariot with a GW will have +1 str and if the chariot is destoryed the heros are no longer mounted and get the +2 bonus as they are no longer restricted to swing it properly(if you want to consider fluff reasons too).

Necromancy Black
23-11-2008, 06:46
Right, took a bit of finding but I found the exact quote in the rules to support that they only get +1 for great weapons:

Page 55, Weapons, subheading "List of Weapons", second paragraph and I quote:

Sometimes the same weapon has two different entries, one refering to the use of that wepon by infrantry (and other models on foot), and the other refering to to mounted models (calvary and models riding monsters or chariots).

The italics and bold is my own.

Basically it's a little section right before that states that chariots use the mounted entry, and that only infrantry and models on foot count. I don't care if the character is a model on foot who happens to be riding a chariot, by riding a chariot that paragraph states he is now mounted.

That should solve it for you.