PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About a New army.....

Warforger
23-11-2008, 05:12
After a while with Marines and Blood Angels I want to try a specialized army that isn't a MEQ, like Eldar or SoB. I don't want to do Hordes because of the time I need to commit to build and paint them. At this point I'm probably going for SoB, don't really care for fluff until after I've started the army (see my Blood Angels).

I find a Corbulo+Cannoness(with+2 I and Blessed weapon on charge) seem wonderful on paper, that would be 4 S6 I7 WS 4 Power Weapon attacks! That rivals Mephiston himself. Also I've considered an IG ally for the Leman Russ, what I'm planning is a IG battle force with the IG guardsman box, giving me as many guardsman as I need to take the Leman Russ, and 3 heavies for a better use for the guardsman.

Orkeosaurus
23-11-2008, 05:24
If I recall correctly, getting a Russ with Witch Hunters requires either two infantry platoons (50 guardsmen) or an infantry platoon and an armored fist squad (30 guardsmen and a chimera).

Shangrila
23-11-2008, 05:35
Isnt the Leman russ 0-1?

Warforger
23-11-2008, 05:48
Yah, but no Orkeosaurus, its not, thats the max, but the minimum is 2 squads, meaning 20 guardsman, meaning I need 40 minimal.

Shan', it is, but I still need 2 platoons of Guardsman or armor fist platoons to get it.

Shangrila
23-11-2008, 07:13
Im sure he was including the 2 5 man jo squads.

Norsehawk
23-11-2008, 13:02
The sisters and Sanguinus's boys don't get along very well. read the bit in the history part of http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Flesh_Tearers .

The better way to approach things if you want a mixed sisters/Guard army would probably to build a Guard army and then have allied sisters joining it, that way you can have all the heavy support you like from the guard, and still get the power armored 'shock troops', plus you would have access to the Guard's doctrine system.

As your intention is listed above, mixing Blood Angels, Sisters, and Guard together kind of strikes me as trying to get the best of 3 armies without accepting the limitations of the rest of those armies. And some of your opponents might consider that cheesy.