PDA

View Full Version : 5 minute list of fun stuff, gonna have to try this for 2500 points

Neknoh
25-11-2008, 00:00
I'll just leave this here for you to spawn ideas arround, feedback is always nice, however, this list isn't designed purely with winning in mind, although, it does present three potent warmachine targets allong with infantry and infantry support as WELL as two Hellcannons.

And it has a dragon :evilgrin:

Now, here we go

Chaos Lord
- Chaos Runesword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Dragon, Diabolic Splendour… 735 points

25 Marauders
- Lightarmour, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh… 180 points
25 Marauders
24 Marauders
- Lightarmour, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh… 173 points
5 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh… 91 points
5 Marauder Horsemen

4 Chaos Trolls
- … 180 points
5 Chaos Knights
- Banner, Musician… 230 points
5 Chaos Knights

Hellcannon of Chaos
- … 205 points
Hellcannon of Chaos
- … 205 points

2500 points

Lots of points can be dropped from either dropping or swapping the Knights for other models, however, I fealt I should add some form of other fast threat than the Dragon, although, dropping the Knights and replacing a unit of Marauders with a Chariot brings the list down to 2000 points.

So, as said, something for your consideration, tweak it as you will, I'm off to bed

DasKhorne
25-11-2008, 00:23
It all seems well, BUT, yes thre is a but, you should consider marking your knights e.g take out a unit of marauder horsemen then add mark of Tzeentch to one unit and give them the magic banner that gives 5+ ward save to missle attacks as they will attract alot of fire power(i hate dwarfs:madthen

if you have 25 points pare add a warbanner to a unit of knights to make them durable in combat

hope it helps...slightly

Neknoh
25-11-2008, 09:35
That I did consider, however, decided against it on an "ammount of units" basis, especially if the list is going to be modified for 2000 points, it'd be easier, and better, to retain horsemen and go for a chariot I feel than try and retain a unit close to 300 points.

Now, for 2000

Dropping both Knight units gives 460 points
Dropping a unit of Marauders gives a total of 640 points dropped
We can use 140 of those

Which nets us:

3 Trolls
OR
Tzeentch/Slaanesh Chariot

We can also grab a handful of Chosen or Forsaken as well, both work decently although slightly on the small side for 2000 points.

Dropping a unit of Horsemen would allow for inclusion of an unmodified unit of Knights such as those above instead of chariot etc.

But still, we STILL have two Hellcannons and a Dragon in 2000 points :skull:

mark.
25-11-2008, 15:49
This seems to me a strong and fun list.
I don't know if you will have an easy time manoeuvring all this, especially the trolls, and I think you will not want to be forced keeping your dragon close to the trolls all of the time, so I would suggest dropping the trolls.

I also think that you can use the points of the marauder unit champions somewhere else, so I would suggest dropping those as well.

For the marauder horsemen, I think javalins are an excellent upgrade for only 1 pts/each, it can be very useful in some cases.

Have you also considerd mixing some magic in? Especially in this list I think magic could be very strong. If you would want to do that I would suggest taking at least 2 mages, which you will have the points for if you follow my other suggestions.

Have you also considered marking one or two of the knights units khorne? If you do so, you might want to add one or two units of warhounds to block unfavorable charges. I also think that the warbanner would be a nice addition to one unit of knights.

For the 2000 pt list, are you sure you want to drop both units of knights? I think you would do good by keeping one (preferably khornate) unit of knights and drop the trolls in place, that would give a total of 590 points dropped, so you have points left for warhounds, a war banner, a mark of khorne for the knights, a knight?

It would also be an interesting idea to keep a small unit of chosen in the back which shouldn't cost so much but can be brutally effective in combat, I was thinking about a unit of 5 with great weapons and the Mark of Khorne, but with no other upgrades, that would cost 130 points if I'm right.

Good luck with the army!

Neknoh
25-11-2008, 16:20
Aye, indeed they would. And at first, I did think of including magic, however, I quickly came to realise that even scroll caddies would raise the points of the army way beyond what I could feasibly handle with its size, for 3000 points, I think it better to add another block of Marauders, marks on the Knights and a third Hellcannon rather than two level 2 mages.

For the 2000 points list, I was thinking that something allong the lines of this:

Chaos Lord
- Chaos Runesword, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Shield, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Dragon, Diabolic Splendour… 735 points

25 Marauders
24 Marauders
- Lightarmour, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh… 173 points
5 Marauder Horsemen

4 Chaos Trolls
- … 180 points
5 Chaos Knights

Hellcannon of Chaos
- … 205 points
Hellcannon of Chaos
- … 205 points

Which comes to 1999 points

The 4 Chaos trolls are freely interchangeable between themselves, another unit of Marauders, a unit of 3 Chaos Ogres with Greatweapons chaos Armour and the mark of Khorne (allong with a unit of 5 Warhounds, this is probably the best of the loptions).

So yes, the trolls can be dropped, and might well be in favour of keeping the knights, a good observation you made there, I had not truly considered it... now I just hav the idea that the Valdred list will develop into this monstrosity... Oh how I love the thought!