PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt dark elf's Need Suggestions

Count Vlad Von Carstein
25-11-2008, 00:10
Well i am makeing a Malus darkblade theme list and so far its between these two diffrent versions any ideas of suggestions would be great!! Since i cant pick which one to use.

List #1

Hero's-275
------------
Malus Darkblade, Scion of Hag Gaef-275

Core
---------
15 Corsairs Handweapon\bow -175
15 Corsairs Handweapon\bow -175
Crossbowman x15 muscian-155
assassin x2 add hw,ruin of khain, manbane-146 x2

Special
-----------
5 Coldone Knights Command,Ring of hotek
20 black guards Command, banner of haf graef, null talisman

Rare
-----
bolt throwers x2
hydra

List #2

General-275
--------
Malus Darkblade

Core-842
------
10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen-100
10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen-100
15 Dark Elf Corsairs-175
Full Command
15 Dark Elf Corsairs-175
Full Command

2 Assasin's-292
2 hand weapons
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

Special-520
------------
5 Coldone Knights Command-200
Full Command
Ring of Hotek

20 Black Guards-305
Full Command
Banner of Murder

Rare-375
---------
2 Bolt Throwers-200
1 Hydra 175

Total-1997

FunkyRatDemon
25-11-2008, 02:02
I like list 2 much more
For your Cold Ones i'd only give them a Champion (need that +1A) and use the points elsewhere, like giving the AP Banner to your Corsairs
Instead of Manbane, I'd give Touch of Death to 1 Assassin

Count Vlad Von Carstein
25-11-2008, 02:31
Reason i buffed the corsairs is up since malus is with them and he is my only hero not to mention they will draw lots of attention.

PARTYCHICORITA
25-11-2008, 02:49
There's a lot of things that IMO won't work once the list is on the table. I don't like corsairs for their points and i feel manbane is overrated. I also thing is kind of suicidal to play an elven army with no scrolls even with something as cool as the ring of hotek. There is also a surprising lack of both harpies and dark riders in boths lists IMO the best units in the book after the hydra.

On a final note 20 BG is a bit to much, best size for them is 18 in a 6x3 formation; banner of hag graef and champion with crimson death or soulrender.

Count Vlad Von Carstein
25-11-2008, 03:28
There's a lot of things that IMO won't work once the list is on the table. I don't like corsairs for their points and i feel manbane is overrated. I also thing is kind of suicidal to play an elven army with no scrolls even with something as cool as the ring of hotek. There is also a surprising lack of both harpies and dark riders in boths lists IMO the best units in the book after the hydra.

On a final note 20 BG is a bit to much, best size for them is 18 in a 6x3 formation; banner of hag graef and champion with crimson death or soulrender.

really? i like the 5 man ranks, i play against lots of horde armys so i would rather keep it 5x4 so i can avoid getting them into to many combats at once.

AUN'SHI
04-12-2008, 12:48

I agree 100% especially with the BG your tactics are very similar to mine:)

If you spread your BG 6 wide 2 attacks each except the champ 3 attacks st 4 hatred 13 re-rollable attacks. You need 3's to hit most things and 3's to damage (again most things) thats HUGE! and not to mention they are stubborn/immune the psychology so even if somthing charges you and wins, you aint going no where.