PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts of Support any good?

Nicha11
25-11-2008, 08:04
In my on going quest to find a relatively friendly and yet competitive army.
Here is my go at one with VC

Characters
Vampire, Nightmare, the book of Arhkan, enchanted shield, summon ghouls, lv2
total 203pts

Necromancer, Extra Spell Van Hels, Corpse Cart, Staff of Damnation
185pts

Necromancer, Extra Spell Van Hels, Corpse Cart, Rod of Flaming death
185pts

Core

10 Ghouls, champion
88pts

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls
80pts

Special

Rare

Varghulf
175pts

total 996pts

Magic domination with 6pd and 5 bound spells!
So what do you think?

Malorian
25-11-2008, 14:55
You're core is too small. Only the vamp can raise them above starting strength and with only 4 dice to go towards it, your opponent will block those castings and jump you.

Plus your vampire isn't that tough and could easily fail you in combat. Change the horse and shield to the 2+ save armor (flayed halbrek (sp?)).

I don't think the necromancers will work out the way you are hoping so i'd take the points from them. Drop the extra spells and the staff of damnation and use those points to start with more ghouls.

Leogun_91
25-11-2008, 15:03
I would suggest you to have a unit the necromancers can raise as well, they might vanhel most of the time but sometimes its good to use their raising, a vampire with ghoulkin would be fun as well given that your army needs the critters, changing a necro for a ghoulkin with summon ghouls would help but then you would get the same ammount of striking first.

Malorian
25-11-2008, 16:09
Oh, something I missed: actually since this is only 1000 points you can drop a ghoul unit to boost up the other two. There isn't much reason for you to take more units than you have to.