PDA

View Full Version : Magic Banners

static-breed
23-11-2005, 01:16
Are two of the same magic banners allowed in one army or not? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any answers.

JackInTheGreen
23-11-2005, 01:20
No. Only diplucates that can be taken, are power stones and dispel scrolls.

Crazy Harborc
23-11-2005, 01:51
One each of banners and whatever, except for ps and ds items. It is considered very cheesey to have duplicates in allied armies in a game too, at least around here.

Ganymede
23-11-2005, 03:23
No duplicates in allied matches? Around here, we don't even know who we are allied with until all four people make their list and roll to see what table quadrant they deploy in.

Atrahasis
23-11-2005, 08:06
No. Only diplucates that can be taken, are power stones and dispel scrolls.

And warpstone tokens and warpscrolls and warpstorm scrolls, and any other scroll you can think of.

NakedFisherman
23-11-2005, 17:28
And Gnoblar Thiefstones. :)

Why do so many people play 'team' games, anyway? I really don't understand it other than to blame the loss on a teammate. :p

m1s1n
23-11-2005, 17:48

Why do so many people play 'team' games, anyway? I really don't understand it other than to blame the loss on a teammate. :p

It does create some variety. At first I didn't understand why people play scenarios, then I understood it was because of the change of pace/style. But yeah, bringing along a scape-goat has never hurt me.

Avian
24-11-2005, 09:09
Only in Gnoblar armies. In any other ogre armies you can only have one character carrying 1-3 Thiefstones.

Our campaign allows for team battles and so far I have beaten two Lizardmen / Ogre alliances and a Dogs of War / Beastman one. Go me.

samw
28-11-2005, 02:56
As a related question, in boreder patrol you're not allowed magic banners. However, what if you're compelled to take a magic banner? (e.g. If you took an idol with the 'Ardboys or an Errantry war list) Do army book rules trump general rules in this situation?

T10
28-11-2005, 06:33
I believe that there were no units that were compelled to take magical banners at the point when the Border Patrols rules were written.

Since the idea of a Border Patrol game is to represent a very minor skirmish with a low level of magic then it would be most appropriate to assume that the magical banner was left back at the camp with the rest of the army.

-T10

Griefbringer
28-11-2005, 09:02
With Border Patrol rules use common sense and discuss the issue with people you are going to be playing with. In general, a lot of the army lists that came out after Border Patrol have trouble conforming to those particular rules.

Crazy Harborc
29-11-2005, 00:45
Griefbringer said it. I just want to add. What you and opponents agree to as special or house rules is just fine.

samw
29-11-2005, 00:59
Now you see normally that would be ok but there's a BP doubles tournament coming up and I was going to do an Errantry War list. Hmm, better ask the guys at the store if they know. Thanks a bunch anyway guys.