PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars mods?

Odin
26-11-2008, 12:41
I've tried from time to time to come up with a Star Wars rules set. I've tried basing it on 2nd edition 40K/Necromunda, current 40K, LotR or Inquisitor. Still not sure which would work best.

LotR does the cinematic skirmish thing quite well, but is generally more focussed on close combat. In Star Wars, I think most people are likely to want to avoid close combat, except Jedi, Sith, Gammorean Guards and a few others. Will the LotR system work when the focus is changed to shooting? Especially when characters with a low Defence value can be fairly easily targeted by quite powerful guns.

Inquisitor would work quite well for very small scenarios - in particular duels. But I don't think it's what I'm after.

Necromunda/2nd edition 40K seems a good candidate, but I think some of the weapon rules will need re-working (perhaps the introduction of rapid fire weapons?).

5th edition might work reasonably well for large scenarios with lots of squads of troops, but I don't think it will work for the smaller, story-based skirmish scenarios.

Does anyone know of any similar projects, perhaps completed ones? Any suggestions?