PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Daemons: Slaanesh Ld based

FunkyRatDemon
29-11-2008, 01:15
See post #9 for updated version

Hello, I'm mostly a Dark Elf player, but play Chaos Space Marines-slaanesh based in 40k. I love the Greater Daemon of Slaanesh enough that I'd want to make an army around it and all those nasty Ld effects. I do want to no-matter what use my Keeper and have the Battle Standard Bearer; although their equipment may change. Don't like Nurgle at all, so please avoid Nurgle-ish recommendations.

Lord: (645)
Keeper of Secrets
Lv4
Temptator
Sophoric Musk

Heros: (240) (in Daemonette unit)
Herald of Slaanesh
Siren Song
Enrapturing Gaze
Battle Standard Bearer
Great Icon of Despair

Herald of Tzeentch (165) (in Pink Horror unit)
Spell Breaker
Flames of Tzeentch

The Blue Scribes (81)
The Masque of Slaanesh (90)

Core:
10 Pink Horrors (120)
10 Pink Horrors, Musician (126)
14 Daemonettes w/ FC, Siren Standard (223)

Special:
5 flesh hounds (175)

Rare:
6 flamers (210)
5 flamers (175)

-2250pts-
I hope its not to cheesy or Character heavy, thoughts?

Tae
29-11-2008, 02:09
My main thought having read the list is that your three core infantry blocks are a bit on the small side.

Sure 15 'netts (inc. Herald) are quite good but the horrors I think people will shoot them down until they become level 0 and then focus on another unit.

Were it my list I would probably drop the doggies (you already have the masque and KoS who can do the whole flanking/march blocking/general annoyance thing (and the KoS will hit a hell of a lot harder too!) and also probably one unit of flamers. With those saved points I'd probably bump up both units of horrors with another 10 models each and then the last 110 points grab myself two fiends to assist the KoS with the whole "I'm gonna leg it 20" up your flank" type thing.

I run my all slaanesh list with a similar thing on the flank, scares the bejsus out of most people (as does the mask and the BSB on a demonic steed following close behind to ensure people fail their terror checks from the KoS) :D

FunkyRatDemon
29-11-2008, 02:21
My main thought having read the list is that your three core infantry blocks are a bit on the small side.

Sure 15 'netts (inc. Herald) are quite good but the horrors I think people will shoot them down until they become level 0 and then focus on another unit.

Were it my list I would probably drop the doggies (you already have the masque and KoS who can do the whole flanking/march blocking/general annoyance thing (and the KoS will hit a hell of a lot harder too!) and also probably one unit of flamers. With those saved points I'd probably bump up both units of horrors with another 10 models each and then the last 110 points grab myself two fiends to assist the KoS with the whole "I'm gonna leg it 20" up your flank" type thing.

I run my all slaanesh list with a similar thing on the flank, scares the bejsus out of most people (as does the mask and the BSB on a demonic steed following close behind to ensure people fail their terror checks from the KoS) :D

Sounds good
I was thinking the Hounds were unnecessary too
Once I scrap the Hounds I can easily add in 5more Horrors to both units

I'm not to sure about losing the Flamers though, they really have been amazing from watching others use them. Also in my watching Fiends actually did poorly or were unnecessary

Should I give my BSB a Steed too?

dsw1
29-11-2008, 03:32
First off, your list is illegal with it's 5 characters (I'd advise getting rid of the Blue scribe).

Secondly, Give your Tzeentch herald The "master of sorcery gift" and choose the lore of Death (or is it shadows?) with "Doom of Darkness" (-3ld). With this, the masque and the great Icon of sorcery you can make a unit lose between 6 and 8 leadership, almost guaranteeing that said unit will flee (ld 2 on even the bravest of units, and a good chance of making that dwarf unit with the 1d6 ld roll banner should also flee).

Now, I would advise keeping the hounds and maybe adding another unit. My reasons being, if you some how manage to come across an army that won't flee (for example VC) your - Ld tactic won't work and you will need some thing that can munch through their army (the Kipper on his own won't be able to defeat a whole army!). Plus I always find that 10 s5 attacks goes perfectly well with any army ;)

I'd also say that 1 unit of flamers would be plenty enough, I am not their greatest fan (I always roll really poorly). I personally would advise Screamers instead as screamers are brilliant, my local store have come to fear my 10 screamer army (shame I only have 10 :().

I'd also advise that you try the Icon of Sorcery on your Horror units, as +1 to cast on a sell that is cast on a 4+ is brilliant, and will make almost certain you will get 1 of the units flickering flames to cast (if not both!). On the note of core units, Musicians are quite pointless with daemons imo, I mean it is not like you will need to rally your troops :p.

I hope this helps.

Tae
29-11-2008, 03:53
First off, your list is illegal with it's 5 characters (I'd advise getting rid of the Blue scribe).

Secondly, Give your Tzeentch herald The "master of sorcery gift" and choose the lore of Death (or is it shadows?) with "Doom of Darkness" (-3ld). With this, the masque and the great Icon of sorcery you can make a unit lose between 6 and 8 leadership, almost guaranteeing that said unit will flee (ld 2 on even the bravest of units, and a good chance of making that dwarf unit with the 1d6 ld roll banner should also flee).

Now, I would advise keeping the hounds and maybe adding another unit. My reasons being, if you some how manage to come across an army that won't flee (for example VC) your - Ld tactic won't work and you will need some thing that can munch through their army (the Kipper on his own won't be able to defeat a whole army!). Plus I always find that 10 s5 attacks goes perfectly well with any army ;)

I'd also say that 1 unit of flamers would be plenty enough, I am not their greatest fan (I always roll really poorly). I personally would advise Screamers instead as screamers are brilliant, my local store have come to fear my 10 screamer army (shame I only have 10 :().

I'd also advise that you try the Icon of Sorcery on your Horror units, as +1 to cast on a sell that is cast on a 4+ is brilliant, and will make almost certain you will get 1 of the units flickering flames to cast (if not both!). On the note of core units, Musicians are quite pointless with daemons imo, I mean it is not like you will need to rally your troops .

I hope this helps.

I would definately agree with the Master of Sorcery Herald. I've played with my friend in a team game of 4,000 points he with all Tzeentch and me with all Slaanesh. Watching Chosen Knights crap themselves when trying to charge 1 Horror was just priceless.

Thing with the KoS and non-LD based armies (such as the VC, as mentioned) is that if you run behind them you force them to chose. If they ignore him a KoS smacking you up the bum is going to make a mess of pretty much anyone, and although the VCs wont run they'll start crumbling like nobody's business. And if they turn around to look at you, then wander off and bring up the rest of your army without much hassle.

I personally dispise doggy units (both demons and warriors) as they always seem to be nothing but a points sink. I appreciate that they obviously have their uses in both armies, just I've yet to see them do anything that couldn't be acomplished by someone else - who is also either a) better at it or b) has another trick up their sleeve (if they're wearing any :angel: )

As for musicians, whilst the theory is excellent I still take mine for two reasons. 1) Force of habit, 2) the one time I didn't take one I lost combat because of it and rolled double 6 :cries: which, whilst not as bad as previous editions, still basically lost me the battle as my big unit of 'nettes all went pop.

dsw1
29-11-2008, 05:40
Thing with the KoS and non-LD based armies (such as the VC, as mentioned) is that if you run behind them you force them to chose. If they ignore him a KoS smacking you up the bum is going to make a mess of pretty much anyone, and although the VCs wont run they'll start crumbling like nobody's business. And if they turn around to look at you, then wander off and bring up the rest of your army without much hassle.

I personally dispise doggy units (both demons and warriors) as they always seem to be nothing but a points sink. I appreciate that they obviously have their uses in both armies, just I've yet to see them do anything that couldn't be acomplished by someone else - who is also either a) better at it or b) has another trick up their sleeve (if they're wearing any :angel: )

These two are kinda linked. As you said about Vamps, charging the keeper behind forces them to choose, unit or Keeper, there is not really much choice for this army as if you do remove the dogs then there would be nothing to fear from turning around and facing the keeper (sure 1 unit of 'nettes, but I will make you a promise that they will definitely have more than one unit that could hold you up).

I always thought pups in both armies where a bargain. I know I fear facing flesh hounds because of the sheer damage they can cause and there high movement, and War hounds are just one of those units that get in the way and need to be dealt with (be that shooting them 1st turn or charging), so a good all round throw away unit (that is cheaper than Skavens 20 slaves throw away units ;)).

Tae
29-11-2008, 05:47
These two are kinda linked. As you said about Vamps, charging the keeper behind forces them to choose, unit or Keeper, there is not really much choice for this army as if you do remove the dogs then there would be nothing to fear from turning around and facing the keeper (sure 1 unit of 'nettes, but I will make you a promise that they will definitely have more than one unit that could hold you up).

I always thought pups in both armies where a bargain. I know I fear facing flesh hounds because of the sheer damage they can cause and there high movement, and War hounds are just one of those units that get in the way and need to be dealt with (be that shooting them 1st turn or charging), so a good all round throw away unit (that is cheaper than Skavens 20 slaves throw away units ;)).

Well if he turns round one of his units you simply charge the other one, and if he turns around his whole army, well then problem solved anyway. Given the KoS's 20" charge range if you get down the rear of one side of his army and face him right there's usually little he can do to stop a rear charge on at least one unit in the bum unless they all turn around.

Though doggies do have their uses (am not denying that) I personally just dislike them when compared to other units. Plus slicing shards is just hilarious on a unit that's been masque'd and icon of despaired (and phantasmagoria'd just for added s&g). You may have 40 skeletons in that unit, Sir, but unless you roll a tripple 1 they're all going to die, horribly.

FunkyRatDemon
29-11-2008, 14:16
How is my Config on my Keeper and Banner Bearer?

Didn't realize about the Illegal Character amount, will scrap the Blue Scribes (:( )

I mainly face VC (Skeletons raise army), Warriors, 3 shooty Skaven, 2 HE (1 Cavalry, 1 Magic heavy), 2 Gunline Empire, 1 hoard Ork (w/ lots of Goblins) and 1 (ok) Dwarf.

I added the Musician because I had 6extra pts, no other reason

I really want to stick w/ 2units of Flamers, although I can go to 5 each (lose 1)

I'll drop Flames of Tzeentch for Master of Sorcery on my Herald

I think I will keep the Hounds after all, as I think I do need the speed and High-S

I have 122pts left now, what to throw that on?
-Furies?
-5 more Horrors to both units?
-Icon Bearer + Icon of Sorcery to both units, then rest is just more Horrors? (less likely for me)

FunkyRatDemon
30-11-2008, 12:32
Updated version

Lord: (645)
Keeper of Secrets
Lv4
Temptator
Sophoric Musk

Heros: (290) (in Daemonette unit)
Herald of Slaanesh
Siren Song
Enrapturing Gaze
Battle Standard Bearer
Great Icon of Despair
Lv1

Herald of Tzeentch (165) (in Pink Horror unit)
Spell Breaker
Master of Sorcery

The Masque of Slaanesh (90)

Core:
10 Pink Horrors (120)
15 Pink Horrors (180)
15 Daemonettes w/ FC, Siren Standard (235)

Special:
5 flesh hounds (175)

Rare:
5 flamers (175)
5 flamers (175)

-2250pts-
I hope its not to cheesy or Character heavy, thoughts?

Buddha777
30-11-2008, 13:05
Pretty good list. My only suggestion would be to drop 5 of the horrors from the larger group (since they don't add any bonus) and change them into 5 furies to help with warmachines, mages, and march blocking.

FunkyRatDemon
30-11-2008, 15:39
Pretty good list. My only suggestion would be to drop 5 of the horrors from the larger group (since they don't add any bonus) and change them into 5 furies to help with warmachines, mages, and march blocking.

I was actually thinking along those lines too
I'll likely do that

FunkyRatDemon
10-12-2008, 17:35
:bump:
Any more ideas?