PDA

View Full Version : Infantry Only Dark Elves (2000pts)

Nicha11
29-11-2008, 04:58
I thought it would be good to create a (hopefully) competitive DE list without hydras or any cavalry.

Characters

DreadLords, Sould Render, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth, Enchanted Shield.
240pts

This Lord is nigh invincible

Sorceress lv2, Dark Star Cloak, Dispell scroll
185pts

Sorceress lv2, Focus Familiar, Power Stone,
180pts

Sorceress lv2, Power Stone, Seal of Ghrond
175pts

These girls add some serious magical punch to the army

Core
20 Warriors full command
135pts

20 Warriors full command
135pts

20 Warriors full command
135pts

Solid blocks of CR
10 Repeater Crossbowmen
100pts

10 Repeater Crossbowmen
100pts

Good Flanker deterrents

Special
19 Black Guard, full command, standard of Hag Graef
Run of the mill nasty infantry unit

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts

for Dragons and the like

total 2002pts

So What do you think?

Hydra Dominatus
29-11-2008, 06:36
It seems very static, the warrior units, while they have some nice CR will struggle in a proper fight, and the only unit with any real punch is the Black Guard.. Of course with the magical power this might not matter anyway. What lores do you intend to take?

Tae
29-11-2008, 06:52
I played with a similar set up using the last book and found it to be a mixed blessing. When you know the enemy is going to move towards you, it's fantastic.

If you are unlucky enough to play a Dwarf Gunline, you're screwed.

Can't say I've tried it out much in the new rules (can't not take my hydras! :D ) but I'm sure it would pan out pretty much the same. Only real thing is that you need to pick your spell lores quite well since that's going to be one of the major parts of your strategy.

And on a very minor point, I'd personally take a second scroll instead of a power stone on one of the ladies. Having dispell dice is nice, but knowing you don't need to roll them this once is even nicer. Plus it helps stop that really dirty spell that just got cast on like a 17+.

Oh, and a final edit, I wouldn't count on your repeaters being a nice flank deterent. Anyone with a decent amount of armour is simply going to laugh them off - especially people with a good toughness as well (i.e. orcs, dwarfs, chaos mortals, all heavy cav. etc)

Svarog
29-11-2008, 08:00
Interesting list, I'd take a couldren of blood so it would altleast offer some protection vs any potental gunlines. Also your lord cant take an enchanted shield and armour of servitude as they are both magic armour items.