PDA

View Full Version : Combined warriors and daemons.

darlak
29-11-2008, 09:42
Hey there,

So I was wondering if anyone knew, is it possible to combine chaos daemons and warriors like in 6th edition?

Thanks in advance =P

BigbyWolf
29-11-2008, 10:12
As far as I'm aware it's a no. Since they got their separate armybooks they can't mix.

darlak
29-11-2008, 10:20
But hordes and beasts could mix before, and they had seperate army books.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
29-11-2008, 10:24
LEGENDARY BATTLES!!!

But other than that, no. Unless you play with buddies and they allow you to. I certainly would if it was fluffy and not just a blatant attempt to get the best of both lists.

darlak
29-11-2008, 12:30
Well, i would never want a too cheesy army, as that just wouldn't be fun.

I just want to stick with my 6th edition khorne army.

I'm halfway building it, have been using over a year, and suddenly i have to split it up? that's just evil.

narrativium
29-11-2008, 13:10
No, suddenly you had to split it up six months ago, when Daemons of Chaos came out and the get-you-by Hordes list was released. If you've been using the combined list for the last six months, that was only by the permission of your opponents. If they're still okay with you using the combined 6th Ed list, that's up to them.

goodz
29-11-2008, 13:11
I would think that as long as you use the old hordes of chaos lists rather then 2 7th edition army books, and your friends don't mine it should be ok. Combineing the two 7th edition lists might result in some broken combinations, warriors for an example took a huge boost.

In a tournament i think definite answer is no :)

or thats how i understand it

darlak
29-11-2008, 14:36
No, suddenly you had to split it up six months ago, when Daemons of Chaos came out and the get-you-by Hordes list was released. If you've been using the combined list for the last six months, that was only by the permission of your opponents. If they're still okay with you using the combined 6th Ed list, that's up to them.

The reason I didn't split it up then, was because it never said that you couldn't combine when the daemons army book came out.

Just needed an answer, now that the warriors of chaos army book have come out. So thanks all.

Necromancy Black
29-11-2008, 15:56
The reason I didn't split it up then, was because it never said that you couldn't combine when the daemons army book came out.

....interesting rules interpritation. Completely, abdolutly wrong though, as no where in the daemons book are you allowed to take mortals in no where in the mortals list were you allowd to take daemons.

Sorry but yeah, unless your in a firendly game that some one agrees to let you field them together, or playing a legandary battle, you can't use daemons and mortals together any more.

However, what army to you prefere to play? Daemons or WoC? You could always proxy alot of the models between armies? So you bloodletters could become your chosen warriors of chaos, your flesh and warhounds can be the same model, etc. You should still be able to use all the models and play both armies, just not use them together.

darlak
30-11-2008, 03:53
Well, originally i preferred mortals, but s mortals have become so darn overpowered, I think I'll just leave them on the shelf and go daemons.

But the fact that you can't play mortals and daemons together in one army, makes absolutely no sense.

Ward.
30-11-2008, 04:17
Well, originally i preferred mortals, but s mortals have become so darn overpowered, I think I'll just leave them on the shelf and go daemons.
I think you have that the wrong way around.

But the fact that you can't play mortals and daemons together in one army, makes absolutely no sense.

It also makes perfect sense, but is unfortunate for anyone with a mixed army.

Goruax
30-11-2008, 04:40
Darlak. The old Hordes and old Beasts had permissions to allow mixing with each other.

The Daemons have nothing of the sort, and the WD Get-You-By also didn't.
This means you're playing illegally, if you're going by straight rules.

By all means, ask your oppoent/regular group if it's cool, but against people you've never played before, it will be very, very iffy.

The simple fact is that each army is very distinct.
Yes, they are part of the same 'faction' but they are very different.
Daemons are just what the Mortals aren't - Immortal. They have a different spin on everything, and are actually fragments of their god. This means they're kinda uppity ;)
Beasts are...well Beasts, and so Mortals look down on them, whereas Beasts don't care.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
30-11-2008, 08:17
Just because the new incarnation separates the three factions, doesn't completely remove the fact that they were allowed to be intermixed before. Yes, it did make a lot of sense to allow the three to form armies together and yes, it was (and still is fluffy). However, the game developers have chosen to give all the armies enough power so that they can excel on their own and have therefore made combining impossible because it would create unfair advantages, playing with the different strengths of each army.

They are different lists now, but it did make sense for them to be mixed together. I don't know why everyone is giving the OP such a hard time on that front.