PDA

View Full Version : Epic Red scorpions and orks

ORKY ARD BOYZ
29-11-2008, 19:12
Hello

I've recently decided to start epic for several reasons:

1. The models are tiny, so I can make an army cheaply

2. titans and mini land raiders

3. It's a strategic game I can play when I have friends around.

The probelm is I have noone around in my local area with an epic army, so I've decided to start 2 and intice people that way.

1st pic: old ebay stompa I picked up
2nd pic: My own repaint
3rd and 4th pics: An attempt of a red scorpion land raider

sorry about the bad quality of pics.

malika
30-11-2008, 04:17
Love the repaint of your Stompa! Now do an entire Ork army in that scheme and you got yourself something really cool! Just black, white, metal and green! :D

What else are you planning on including in your armies?

Malakai
30-11-2008, 07:59
Nice stompa and LR. Is the Red Scorpions symbol a decal or freehand?

-Malakai

ORKY ARD BOYZ
01-12-2008, 00:14
Love the repaint of your Stompa! Now do an entire Ork army in that scheme and you got yourself something really cool! Just black, white, metal and green! :D

What else are you planning on including in your armies?

I was planning that actually, I think an army of white, black, metal and green would look like the current warhammer studio army and provide a unified link for all the models, red works as a third colour for the stompa because it's hard to incorporate green.

I plan on getting a company or more of standard marines, some terminators, three normal land raiders, one converted pre-heresy land raider, some predators and lots of rhinos.

for orks, I plan for 4 stompas, heaps of infantry, 2 gargants and lots of gun wagons and maybe the forgeworld squiggoth.

Nice stompa and LR. Is the Red Scorpions symbol a decal or freehand?

-Malakai

The red scorpions symbol is freehand. The key for me is memorising key characteristics of the symbol, I try to remember the legs are fairly far out and divided into 2 segments.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
13-12-2008, 09:23
I'm still waiting for my order of epic to come around, so I painted a single standard bearer and made some terrain. The figure isn't based because I don't even have a base yet to place him in.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
02-01-2009, 07:22
I did a conversion of a pre-heresy land raider inspired by the forgeworld pre-heresy land raider, using the chassis of a standard land raider, the sponsons from an older mark of land raider, plasticard and greenstuff. The yellow looks warmer in real-life.

Pic1: comparison pic, pic 2: side, pic 3:symbol

folnjir
02-01-2009, 07:35
Looking good, how the hell did you paint those tiny scorpions on there?

Chaos and Evil
24-04-2009, 16:26
Wow brilliant!