PDA

View Full Version : 2250 DE with dragon..

backslide
30-11-2008, 22:14
only my second attempt to really make a DE list, have had a chat to the Mrs and she can cope with me getting a second dragon :D

Level 4 High Sorceress @ 670 Pts
Black Staff
Pendant of Khaeleth
Black Dragon

Master @ 141 Pts (general)
Repeater Crossbow; Sea Dragon Cloak HA Shield;
Whip of Agony
on cold one

Level 2 Sorceress @ 175 Pts
Dispel Scroll
Tome of Furion

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 100 Pts

18 Black Ark Corsairs @ 230 Pts
Full command
Sea Serpent Standard

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

Cold One Chariot @ 100 Pts

Cold One Chariot @ 100 Pts

6 Cold One Knights @ 226 Pts
Full command
Banner of Hag Graef

Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

8+ casting
5 dispell

lots of shooting, lots of magic and a bit of hitting power, with stupidity added... Banner of Hag Graef is on the cold ones to help out in case of a really bad stupid check

Hydra Dominatus
01-12-2008, 04:25
Hmm, seems like a nice list. I'm a little iffy about the banner of hag graef on the cold ones, and to be honest do the cold ones need to be there? There are very few cc models here, For almost the same price you could get a medium unit of black guard or executioners to fill the cc gap you've got, with more models on the board, better CR and you should be able to get one of the 3 flying units or a chariot in a flank as well..

Griptenstien
01-12-2008, 06:35
No ring of Hotek? for 25 points its a steal!

backslide
01-12-2008, 10:37
actually used my HE tonight VS some DE, I was shocked at how easy it was to shocked down a master on a manticore with shooting, and how close with just a few units he came to downing my dragon mage :(

but I am beging to think I'm using the wrong kind of elves, and the darkies will have to be bumped up the list of things to do!

things I lernt:

1. 20 repeater crossbows was hard enough for him to deploy
2. might have to get some darkriders
3.cold one chariots are brutal!

backslide
01-12-2008, 14:46
no ring of hotek as it will make my own mages miscast!

FunkyRatDemon
01-12-2008, 15:46
I really don't like the Dragon in this list, as I feel a Lord is better suited to ride 1

Losing the Dragon allows for a Hydra and a unit of Dark Riders (5) w/ RxB and Musician

I'm also not a fan of Corsairs, I prefer large units of Warriors instead
(and so a Lv2 can instead use the Sacrificial Dagger!)

PopeAlexanderVI
01-12-2008, 15:47
Putting a mage on a dragon is a waste. Either it's fighting and the mage is wasted/a huge liability (guess where I'm directing my attacks? The 350 pt mage!) or it is flying around/casting and your dragon is just making your mage a large target.

I assume you know all this and are doing it for fluff or modeling reasons. But I'll say it nonetheless.

backslide
01-12-2008, 16:33
I'm also not a fan of Corsairs, I prefer large units of Warriors instead
(and so a Lv2 can instead use the Sacrificial Dagger!)

I love the corsair models so have to use them, everyone uses the dagger, I wanted to be a bit different

Putting a mage on a dragon is a waste. Either it's fighting and the mage is wasted/a huge liability (guess where I'm directing my attacks? The 350 pt mage!) or it is flying around/casting and your dragon is just making your mage a large target.

its more of an excersise in flexablity, a lord on a dragon is really only going to get 3 charges off a turn, yes he can go for the soft stuff, while the High Sorceress can only go for flanks and soft stuff, sure shes a target, but inverse ward should take care of the bulk of it or she can just hide

going for a flank she should be able to break most things given the dragons hatred and 5 attacks, and all but 2 of the dark magic spells can be cast while she is is combat and get lost wounds back with Soul Stealer

I love using a dragon mage with my HE she is basically one of those on steroids:angel:

how ever if I put her on a maticore instead, I could put in a hydra, which is tempting, but the whole frenzy thing and lack of a breath weapon means it lacks appeal

theunwantedbeing
01-12-2008, 17:03
I like the list.
Start the lord in the corsair unit and on turn 1 move him into the cold one unit, gives him that little extra punch.

I'm going to soon put my sorceress on a manticore, and give her a magical lance.
Simply because when she inevitably does get frenzied she'll be able to do a lot of damage in close combat. Not to mention with dark magic, only doombolt and chillwind are uncastable in combat so her magical abilities aren't overly compromised in combat either.

5 st5 attacks from the manticore, another 2 from the mage...all with hatred and killing blow should scare most enemy character's away from wanting to get in the way of her.

A dragon is basically the same thing, while fighting a t3 sorcerer might sound like a good idea, your going to have to survive the dragon as well. With the pendant you'll be wanting her to fight something really powerful, failing that if you go for great weapon armed troops, they'de be better off striking the dragon than her simply as they're more likely to harm it!

AUN'SHI
03-12-2008, 13:50
Never was a big fan of Sorcress on a dragon. Make her a Huge target. Imagine fighting HE/Empire/Dwarves ect all those armies are kinda shooty. And believe me with al that shooting its going 1 place and thats a pretty expensive place and a huge loss..

backslide
04-12-2008, 03:02
agreed its a huge risk, bit its fun, and its only a game :) but converting a dragon sorccerer looks annoing

AUN'SHI
04-12-2008, 12:16
agreed its a huge risk, bit its fun, and its only a game but converting a dragon sorccerer looks annoing

yep your right its only a game I was under the impression that you were posting the list for feed back?

If you were just posting the list just to show ppl then yeah im sure it'll be fun.

backslide
05-12-2008, 00:12
yes i wnt feed back but want to keep the dragon with the SS in the list