PDA

View Full Version : 2k DE - 2 Hydra attempt

aimbob
02-12-2008, 09:58
Hi, I've been playing my Dark Elves for a few months now and I've tried alot of different lists and tactics. Now I'm giving the 2 Hydra list a chance. I never used this kind of list because it just comes over as I want to win so I field the maximum allowed.

But I'm willing to give it a shot for the battle I have this evening (don't know what army my opponent is going to use) so here it goes:

Heroes (842)
Supreme Sorceress @ 350
Level 4, Pendent of Khaeleth, Staff of Sorcery
(joins Black Guards)

Sorceress @ 165
Level 2, sacrificial dagger
(joins Warriors)

Sorceress @ 185
Level 2, darkstar cloak, dispell scroll
(joins Black Guards)

Assasin @ 142
Rune of Khaine, Manbane, additional handweapon
(joins Warriors)

Core (432)
5 Dark Riders @ 117
Xbows, musician

5 Dark Riders @ 117
Xbows, musician

25 Warriors @ 215
Fc, shield, warbanner

Special (355)
14 Black guards @ 260
Standard, champion, Standard of Hag Ghraef, null stone

5 Shades @ 95
GW

Rare (350 )
War Hydra @ 175

War Hydra @ 175

Total: 1996
Models in army: 64
Power Dice: 10
Dispell Dice: 6

I also went for allout magic, combined with a few mobile units with crossbows, and 2 combat units that hopefully will hold their ground.

Warriors in large numbers so I can sac away. Warbanner for more static CR, assasin to aid the unit winning combat with his ASF he knocks down some enemies making it harder for the enemy unit to beat my static CR + assasin made wounds.

Black Guards with their ASF will hopefully hold their ground.

Dark Riders shoot their xbows and support where they can, disposing of light cav will be their most important role in this army, since they get around my troops easy and with only 2 infantry troops I can't afford a flank/rear charge.

Doubts

I'm thinking about dropping the Staff of Sorcery and the shades and include a small unit of CoK. But I'm not sure.
Also was thinking about dropping the shades and buff the Black Guard unit. And put a sorceress on a Dark Steed.
Drop shades, include 5 harpies, and buff the Black Guards with remaining points
Drop assasin, include BSB with Standard of Slaughter and include him with Black Guards or Warriors

PARTYCHICORITA
02-12-2008, 10:46
It's a good list but i am not sure what's the idea behind the assasin, i would drop him or go rune+lotus+KB. If you drop the warbanner, the null stone and the cloak you can get some harpies which would be nice indeed.
Lifetaker would also be a good item for one of your sorcerres. I would mount all of them on dark steeds.

aimbob
02-12-2008, 14:10
I thought that magic uses weren't allowed to take magic weapons. Was I wrong is it allowed to take lifetaker on a sorceress?

fubukii
02-12-2008, 15:37
you can take lifetaker on a sorc its totally legit, Mages cant take magic armor.

AUN'SHI
03-12-2008, 13:25
Cool list.

But your only real hitting power is your hydras.. Throw a unit of COK in there and I agree the assasin seems a little out of place..

Harpies are awesome! get some of them in there other than that I like the list.