PDA

View Full Version : Design a legendary battle character or unit.

-Grimgorironhide-
02-12-2008, 10:19
Good day all.
I just thought of starting a thread of where we can all design our own warhammer fantasy legendary characters, formations and units since we have yet to receive any from GW yet.

I decided to try out doing Malekith but in his legendary battle form since he would be too powerful to be represented in his true power in the normal games.

Malekith
Points cost: 1025
M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld
5 10 8 5 4 4 10 6 10

Magic:

Malekith is a Level 4 wizard and can use either the fire lore, metal lore, shadow lore, death lore or the dark lore. With the dark lore he knows all the spells and gets a +1 to cast on them. he also can use any number of PD to cast a spell from the dark lore.

Mount:

Malekith can choose to ride either:
-Cold One +30pts
-The Black Chariot (Has a 2+ armour save and is drawn by 3 cold ones) +120pts
-Seraphon (Black Dragon except he has +1 Ws, S and A) +360pts

Equipment:
Destroyer (Magic weapon)
-In every round of combat, if Malekith hits a foe carring magic items or who can cast spells He can sacrifice any number of his attacks to destroy magic items or degrade magic levels by 1 equal to the number of attacks he sacrificed. In additon the destroyer ignores armour saves.

Armour of Midnight (Magic Armour)
-Full Plate Armour.
2+ Ward against non-Magical attacks. 5+ ward against magical Attacks.
He can never suffer more than 1 wound from a single attack, so attacks that do multiple wounds or kill out right (i.e killing blow) only ever cause 1 wound.

Spellshield (Magic Armour)
-Shield. Magic resistance (2).
If a spell cast at Malekith is dispelled in anyway, the caster suffers a str 6 hit for every dice used to cast the spell. Bounds only cause 1 str 6 hit.

Circlet of Iron (Arcane item)
-Malekith gains 1 extra PD in the Dark elf Magic Phase (which he may use) and 1 extra DD in the opponents Magic Phase.

Special Rules:

Controlled Hatred
-Malekith follows the ruled for Eternal hatred like all other druchii except he and any unit he is in can choose not to persue an enemy they broke in combat if they wish.

Immune to psycology

Fear

Malekith's guard.
-One unit of Black Guard in the army count as core. This unit also has the following additional stat increases. (+1 Ws, I, A, banner allowance is 75pts and cost 18pts each)

Absolute Power
-Malekith must be the general. All units within 18" of him auto pass any Psycology test they have to take. In addition Malekith's Ld range is 18".

Master of Battle
-The player controlling Malekith can choose who in the game goes first. There is no need to roll. Also Malektih can re-roll all failed rolls to hit in any combat round.

So there's mine, now what about yours?

cheers.

Son of Sanguinius
02-12-2008, 23:38
Aenarion the Cursed, Phoenix King of Ulthuan......860 points

(Aenarion)
M...5...WS...10...BS...8...S...5...T...4...W...4.. .I...10...A...5...Ld...10

(Indraugnir)
M...6...WS...8...BS...0...S...7...T...7...W...7... I...3...A...6...Ld...10

Weapons & Equipment:
...The Sword of Khaine
...Dragon Armor of Aenarion
...Crown of the Phoenix King

Options:
....Aenarion may be mounted on Indraungnir for +460 points.

MAGIC ITEMS
The Sword of Khaine: All attacks from this weapon wound automatically and ignore armor saves. All unsaved wounds are multiplied into D6 wounds. The wielder Hates everyone.

Dragon Armor of Aenarion: This is a suit of Dragon armor that grants Aenarion a 1+ armor save and a 4+ ward save.

Crown of the Phoenix King: Aenarion and any unit he joins are Unbreakable. All friendly units with line of sight to Aenarion are Stubborn.

SPECIAL RULES
Lord and Master of Ulthuan: Aenarion's abilities as a general have a range of 18".

Vessel of the Gods: Aenarion causes Terror and is subject to Stupidty.

Indraugnir: Indraugnir follows all the normal rules for a Star Dragon, except for the improved profile above. Indraugnir is also a Level 4 Wizard that knows all of the spells from the Lore of Fire, except for Flaming Sword of Rhuin.

Hellebore
05-12-2008, 23:44
I like your Aenarion their Sang. He tends to suffer primarchitis or marineitis and get ubered ub to absurd degrees. Your stats I think work quite well without making him stupid. Well done.

Hellebore

Son of Sanguinius
06-12-2008, 05:37
Thanks Hellebore. I'm glad someone can appreciate it. Most people seem to Primarchitis him before they see my rules, so its like whatever I write couldn't possibly do him justice, or if I do, he's too broken to play.

Count Demandred
06-12-2008, 06:24
Here's my take on Abhorash, the Lord of Blood.

-----

Abhorash …................................................. ..............................Points: 660

.....................M.......WS.......BS.......S.. .....T.......W.......I.......A.......LD.......SV
Abhorash.........6........10........5........5.... ....5.......4.......9.......5.......10........*

* 1+ (when using Lance/Hand Weapon + Shield) / 5+ Ward Save

Abhorash counts as a Lord, and Hero choice.

Items:
• Hand Weapon(s)
• Heavy Weapon
• Lance
• Shield

Mounts:
• Barded Nightmare

Magic:
• Level 1 Wizard.

Magic Items:
• The Jewel of Ancient Lahmia (+55)
• Plate of the Senef-Bey (+20)……........................................... ....................…(75)

Vampiric Powers:
• Aura of Dark Majesty (+50)
• Infinite Hatred (+25)
• Walking Death (+25)……........................................... ............................…(150)

-----

Magic Items

The Jewel of Ancient Lahmia
A gift given to Abhorash from Nefereta upon his assuming of the role of leader of her personal Guard.

Provides Abhorash with a 5+ Ward Save. Also allows Abhorash to use an extra dispel dice when rolling to dispel any spell directly affecting him.

Plate of the Senef-Bey
Armour traditionally worn by the Commander of the Lahmian Army, the Guardian of the Cursed City; the Lord of Blood.

4+ Armour Save that can be combined with Shields and other equipment as normal. Attacks with Armour Piercing are just treated as normal attacks (Strength modifiers are not affected).

-----

Special Rules
Undead, Vampire.

Blademaster....................................... ........................(115)
Abhorash has trained in the arts of the Blade for hundreds upon hundreds of years. He has mastered all techniques and forms, and has reached the pinnacle of which a would-be Blademaster attempts to reach. Once he has beared down upon his enemy they quickly find themselves conceding ground in a desperate, and futile attempt at parrying the storm of incoming blows.

Counts as having the 'Red Fury' & 'Dread Knight' Bloodline Power. If Abhorash causes a wound against a character in combat, or in a challenge, the character immediately loses one Attack for the next combat phase.

After the first round of combat (after the turn he charges), and each consecutive round of combat, he may choose to switch between the weapons available in the 'Avatar of Death' Bloodline Power.

Master Strike............................................ ................(35)
Such is his skill with the blade, Abhorash is able to pinpoint and target the weak spots in the enemies Armour/defences.

Abhorash always strikes first. All attacks from Abhorash count as Armour Piercing.

Lord of Blood............................................. .................(25)
His countless years of training coupled with his draining of a mighty Red Dragon has given Abhorash an unerring ability to shrug of wounds that would cripple/destroy even the greatest of Warriors. He is also now able to look upon battles with quiet dispassion, and not fall victim to the curse of the Vampire.

Abhorash is not affected by Killing Blow or Poisoness Attacks.

If Abhorash has joined by a unit of Blood Knights he will ‘assume control’ of the unit, and as such they will not automatically move towards the closest enemy unit. They will be able to function as normal, until they reach combat. They will also be able to choose whether to pursue or not.

Martial Honour
Abhorash is an immensely proud figure. He praises honour and in all its forms, be they from friends or allies, as he too gives obeisance to his foes and allies alike. Whilst his insidious cousins have been known to resort to skulduggery and underhanded tactics to achieve their goals and with their battles, Abhorash abhors such actions to the extent he would execute these miscreants without hesitation.

Abhorash only knows Invocation of Nehek. He may only ever cast it upon himself, and may only ever cast IoN when he’s NOT in direct combat with the enemy.

Abhorash does not generate any Dispel Dice, and he may only ever use ONE power dice per magic phase (meaning he can only cast IoN at a maximum of once per-turn).

No friendly character(s) can cast spells that directly effect the enemy if they’re within 6” of Abhorash.

Abhorash must always issue challenges where possible. He must also accept any challenged issued his way.

robtheguru
06-12-2008, 09:00
An'ggrath - The Bloodthirster King - Points: 1500

.....................M.......WS.......BS.......S.. .....T.......W.......I.......A.......LD.......SV
An'ggrath.........8........10........-........10......7.......8........9.......8.......1 0........*

2+ Armour, 4+ Ward, Regeneration

An'ggrath takes up 2 Lord Choices and 4 Hero Choices

May be used in Daemons of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos

Special Rules:
• Fly
• Terror
• Immune to Panic
• Chosen of Khorne
• Martialled Prowess
• The Juggernaut

Magic Items:
• Khornes Axe
• Armour of the Blood God
• Whip of Order

-----

Magic Items

Khornes Axe
This is Axe was created purely for An'ggrath by the Blood God. No saves of any kind may be taken against wounds from the Axe. Also, any model wounded is slain, no matter how many remaining wounds they have.

Armour of the Blood God
The armour that wraps around the body of An'ggrath is made from the strongest brass the blood god has to offer. Imbued with his rage and hatred for magic casters, all friendly units(including An'ggrath himself) within 12" of An'ggrath receive Magic Resistance(3). In addition, any time An'ggrath takes a wound that inflicts multiple wound(d3, d6 etc), take 2 away from the total to a minimum of 1. For example, a Great Cannon rolls a 6, so An'ggrath will take 4 wounds.

Whip of Order
Equipped with a whip that is lined with the teeth of some of the greatest daemons to ever exist. Instead of using the Axe of Khorne in combat, place the large blast template infront of An'ggrath. Any model friend or foe touched by the template takes a hit as if from a stone thrower at S10 under the hole and S5 if not

-----

Special Rules

Chosen of Khorne

Should An'ggrath fall, all friendly units must pass toughness tests or be removed from the table. This represent the ultimate shock of Khornes chosen falling. Always roll 1 dice per unit and use the highest T value in the unit.

Martial Prowess

All friendly models within 12" have frenzy(including An'ggrath), however, they do not have to charge if they do not wish to if an enemy is in charge range. Also, An'ggrath will never flee from combat.

The Juggernaut

An'ggrath is so large that any enemy faced with him does not want to stay around too long. Any enemy making rolls to flee after combat resolution must roll double 1 no matter what the combat resolution is. This includes stubborn units.

Son of Sanguinius
08-12-2008, 16:59
Here's a few more:

Nagash, The Great Necromancer……………………………830 points

M…5…WS…6…BS…5…S…5…T…5…W…4…I…6…A…4…Ld…10

Weapons & Equipment:
…Mortis, Blade of Death
…Black Armor of Nagash
…Crown of Sorcery

Magic: Nagash is a Level 4 Wizard, and he knows all of the spells from the Lore of Vampires, the Lore of Death, and the Lore of Shadows.

MAGIC ITEMS
Mortis, Blade of Death: Hand Weapon. Poisoned Attacks. Unsaved wounds from this weapon multiply into D6 wounds.

Black Armor of Nagash: Full Plate Armor. Provides a 4+ ward save and a 1+ armor save that may not be improved.

Crown of Sorcery: Enchanted Item. Nagash gains an additional 2 Power dice in his own magic phase.

SPECIAL RULES
Undead; Terror

The Great Necromancer: Nagash may re-roll any roll of 1 when casting spells. At the start of any turn, he may choose to use the Ethereal special rule.

Lord of Undeath: Nagash count as a Vampire and must be the army general. His abilities as a Vampire and a general have a range of 18”. All units within 18” of Nagash count as being within range of the battle standard bearer, and this effect is cumulative. Undead units may not strike blows in close combat against Nagash.

Sigmar Heldenhammer, The First Emperor………................420 points

M…4…WS…8…BS…5…S…5…T…4…W…4…I…6…A…5…Ld…10

Weapons & Equipment:
…Ghal Maraz, The Skullsplitter

MAGIC ITEMS
Ghal Maraz, The Skullsplitter: This weapon is inscribed with the Master Rune of Skalf Blackhammer and a Grudgerune. This means that its attacks always modify Sigmar’s Strength to be sufficient to wound its target on a roll of 2+ and re-roll failed to hit rolls against a single model nominated before the battle. Armor saves are modified according to Sigmar’s modified Strength. In addition, attacks with the weapon have the Killing Blow special rule.

SPECIAL RULES
Immune to Psychology; Stubborn

Leader of Men: Sigmar must be the army general, and his abilities as a general have a range of 18”. All friendly units with line of sight to Sigmar may re-roll failed Panic and Break tests. Any unit joined by him becomes Immune to Psychology and Stubborn.

Relentless: Sigmar has a 5+ ward save. If he loses his last wound, he must take a Leadership test. If he passes, he remains alive with 1 Wound and gains the Hatred and Frenzy special rules, which he cannot lose. He must pass a Leadership test at the start of each turn or be removed as a casualty. This does not apply if he was run down or hit with a Killing Blow.

Teclis, High Loremaster of the White Tower……………..580 points

M…4…WS…4…BS…4…S…3…T…3…W…3…I…5…A…1…Ld…9

Weapons & Equipment:
…Sword of Teclis
…Moon Staff of Lileath
…War Crown of Saphery

Magic: Teclis is a Level 4 Wizard. He knows all of the spells from the Lore of High Magic, and may select two additional Lores from the Warhammer rulebook, from which he will know all spells.

MAGIC ITEMS
Sword of Teclis: This weapon wounds automatically and ignores armor saves.

Moon Staff of Lileath: This provides Teclis with an option for additional dice in various magic phases. He may use two additional Power dice in his own magic phase or two additional dispel dice in the enemy magic phase. He cannot choose both in the same turn.

In addition, at the start of any of his own magic phases he may call upon the power of the staff. When he does so, all spells he casts in that phase will be cast with Irresistable Force if the casting roll succeeds. The staff will then cease to function for the remainder of the battle. Miscasts will still result in a failure to cast.

War Crown of Saphery: Teclis may ignore the result of a roll on the miscast table if he takes and passes a Leadership test. He also has Magic Resistance (2).

SPECIAL RULES
Immune to Psychology

High Loremaster: Teclis adds 1 to all casting rolls, as well as the normal 1 to all dispel rolls for being a High Elf Mage.

Curse of Aenarion: Any unit joined by Teclis is Immune to Psychology. However, Teclis always fails characteristic tests, with the exception of Leadership tests. He may not be the army general.

Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth……………………….750 points

(Malekith)

M…5…WS…9…BS…6…S…5…T…3(5)…W…4…I…8…A…5…Ld…10

(Seraphon)

M…6…WS…7…BS…0…S…7…T…6…W…6…I…2…A…6…Ld…8

Weapons & Equipment:
…The Destroyer
…Armor of Midnight
…Circlet of Iron

Magic: Malekith is a Level 4 Wizard that knows all of the spells from the Lore of Dark Magic.

Mount: Malekith may be mounted on the Black Chariot for +150 points or on the Black Dragon Seraphon for +360 points.

MAGIC ITEMS
The Destroyer: Hand Weapon. If Malekith scores a successful hit in close combat against an enemy model in a round of close combat, one magic item the model was wielding is destroyed, chosen at random. One only magic item may be destroyed per round of close combat. If the model has no magic items, it loses a single Wizard level instead.

Armor of Midnight: Heavy Armor. Provides a 1+ armor save. Malekith may not be harmed by mundane attacks, and adds 2 to his Toughness.

Circlet of Iron: This grants Malekith two additional power dice in his own magic phase.

SPECIAL RULES
Immune to Psychology; Eternal Hatred; Terror

Witch-King of Naggaroth: Malekith counts as a Dark Sorceress in all respects, and has +1 to cast.

Absolute Power: Malekith must be the army general. All friendly Dark Elf units with line of sight to Malekith automatically pass Panic tests.

The Black Chariot: This counts as a Cold One chariot, with the following changes:
....It provides a 2+ armor save.
....Malekith displaces one of the charioteers.
....A Black Guard Tower Master replaces the other.
....The Cold Ones pulling the chariot have +1 Attack each.

Seraphon: Seraphon follows all the normal rules for Black Dragons, with the exception of the improved profile above.

Count Demandred
09-12-2008, 12:54
So here's my take on a re-vamped (see what I did there?) Zacharias the Everliving, following the new points and powers structure. I've provided the points breakdown, so hopefully people can see where it's all come from.

And I have a few things/ideas I'll post up following as to proposed changes.

ENJOY:

Zacharias the Everliving........................................ .....................Points: 690

Zacharias........6.........5.........5........5... .....5.......4.......7.......4.......10........*

* 4+ Ward Save

Zacharias counts as a Lord, and Hero choice.

Items:
• Hand Weapon

Mounts:
• Hellsteed (at +30)
• Abyssal Terror (at +135)
• Zombie Dragon (at +275)

Magic:
• Level 4 Wizard. He knows all the spells from the Lore of the Vampire.

Magic Items:
• Scrolls of Semhtep (+70)
• Book of Nagash (+50)
• Circlet of Rathek (+50)……........................................... ....................…(170)

Vampiric Powers:
• Master of the Dark Arts (+50)
• Aura of Dark Majesty (+50)
• Forbidden Lore * (+35)
• Dark Acolyte * (+30)
• Lord of the Dead (+15)
• Summon Creatures of the Night (+15)……........................................... …(195)

* Have been included in his profile

-----

Magic Items

Scroll of Semhtep
The story of how Zacharias came upon this powerful scroll is unknown, he may have scribed them himself, or it could be he took it from Melkhiors Tower after he bested his former master in a duel. What is known is the long formulas written in these arcane papyri trigger powerful counterspells.

Counts as an unlimited amount of Dispel Scrolls. He can use one of them in each of the opposing player’s Magic phases. After each use, roll a D6, on a roll of 1 the power of the Scroll is temporarily exhausted and the Scroll cannot be used for the remainder of the battle.

Book of Nagash
Zacharias betrayed, and slew, his former masters for this very item. Each of the nine books of Nagash were written by the Great Necromancer himself, and as such they contain the ultimate secrets of the art of Necromancy.

Allows Zacharias to know all the spells from the Lore of the Vampire. Also, spells cast from the Lore of the Vampire are at +1 for all rolling attempts.

Circlet of Rathek
The jewel in the centre of this unholy object exudes the protective powers of the lost gods of Nehekhara.

The circlet confers a 4+ Ward save to Zacharias, and a 6+ Ward save to any Monstrous Mount he may ride.

-----

Special Rules
Undead, Vampire.

Sated Thirst............................................ .............(70)
During his flight from his former master’s minions, Zacharias sought sanctuary in a deep dark cave high in the mountains. As he slept for many years a mighty Black Dragon chose the same cave as its new abode. Upon waking Zacharias was overcome with a terrible thirst; and seeing the slumbering beast as the perfect source of nourishment he quickly went upon feeding off the beast. It is said drinking a Dragons blood will not only bestow new and wonderful powers upon the drinker, but it is the only way to banish the inner Daemons a Vampire faces daily. This granted Zacharias with considerable durability and power, even for a Vampire.

Zacharias has an extra Wound added to his profile (already added). Furthermore, wounds suffered by the character can never be converted into multiple wounds, they do a single wound as normal.

Master of the Dark Winds......................................(20)
Long has Zacharias studied under the tutelage of Master Necromancers and Vampires alike that he too has learnt how to manipulate the Dark Winds in all its subtle ways. He is also able to draw, and channel, more of the Dark Wind than would be normally safe.

Once per game, the Vampire can re-roll one of the dice rolled to cast a spell. This can be used to negate a Miscast result or could cause an Irresistible Force result.

-----

Points of conjecture:

• I REALISE I've got Forbidden Lore AND the Book of Nagash providing the same ability, I have to correct that by changing the book around. And I'll admit I just chose that originally because it was simple, I'll brew up something a bit more complicated and (hopefully) topical. Ideas would be helpful.

• Also, when casting any spells involving dice throwing (raise dead, gaze of nagash, summon undead horde) Zacharias will be able to roll an extra dice, and discard the lowest score. I'm thinking this one should be incorporated somehow.

• Oh, and concerning the Scroll of Semhtep:

The issue here is with the 'roll to exhaust' quirk. I cannot decide between having at simply a one-per-turn, roll a 1 to exhaust item, OR a more progressive one.

For example, after each time the item's used the 'exhaust' number increases: after the first use it's exhausted on 1, after the second use it's exhausted on 1 & 2, etc to a maximum of 1 - 5 (for exhausting). This way the item could be used more then once per turn.