PDA

View Full Version : Power Dice

White_13oy
03-12-2008, 07:28
Just a quick questiopn about power and dispell dice. Do they stay in your pool or on your character if you don't use them. we've been playing that they go away, But a friend says he can't find where is says they go away. He says it would make sense since there is a thing Brettonia has that doubles a wizards power dice, but he can't cast spells for that turn he does it.

Lord of Skulls
03-12-2008, 07:48
I can't find it in the book at the moment, but I'm quite sure it's in there somewhere...
If dice were normally saved from one magic phase to the next, there would be no reason to use all the Magic Items that allow you to save dice from one turn to the next.

The Bretonnia item is most likely a remnant from the previous edition, when all power dice generated were available for all wizards to use.

SabaLoth
03-12-2008, 09:14
true, its in the book. don't know the pagenumber though

Griefbringer
03-12-2008, 09:39
The Bretonnian widget can also be used to dispel "remains in play" spells.

narrativium
03-12-2008, 09:48
This is the Sacrament of the Lady, right? It's in the Bretonnian FAQ document: the wizard uses the item and generates the dice, but they can't be used (by anyone) to cast spells. You can still use them to dispel RiP spells.

Errata available here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat1290033&categoryId=500004&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Harwammer
03-12-2008, 12:50
in 6th ed one wizard could generate dice and have another wizard use thiem.

I suppose the idea behind this was so one damsel could feed tonnes of dice to another.

Now dice shareing can't be done in 7th edition this item only seems 'useful' for removing RiPs...

White_13oy
03-12-2008, 20:20
So the final answer is power dice do not save from magic phase to magic phase.

TheWarSmith
04-12-2008, 04:39
They absolutely do not linger from turn to turn.

I don't believe there's specific wording stating that they don't stay, but rather wording that they are generated each turn.