PDA

View Full Version : Hey did anyone notice this (games day chaos mini)

Morentez
04-12-2008, 23:02
I post this here as i dont think its a rumour but do you guys remember thet undivided champ model we got shown WAY back before the new chas was out?

Well i just saw the GD chaos model for 2009 and it hit me, take a look see if you see it as quick as i did...

SamVimes
04-12-2008, 23:05
Guess the horns were too small on the first one? WTF

Harwammer
04-12-2008, 23:08
capes different, shoulder spikes are different, axe is different... otherwise there is a mild resembelance :D

Arhalien
04-12-2008, 23:15
@Harwammer: Yes, there's a mild resemblance because the blue one appears to be a conversion of the green on.

Look at the leg armour; ok, the feet are slightly more buried in the base on the latter, but it has the same cleft foot, leg wrappings and armour design.
The pose is the same, the armour is the same. The helmet and cape are merely an extension of what there is on the original.

This all leads to but one question; what the hell was wrong with the original.

Lord Dan
04-12-2008, 23:19
@Harwammer: Yes, there's a mild resemblance because the blue one appears to be a conversion of the green on.

Are you sure it's not the other way around?

Arhalien
04-12-2008, 23:21
The green one is a model done by Martin Footit (I think...) and was featured in an article about him in WD a while ago. That suggests to me that it's the original.
Also, it's easier to add stuff than to take stuff away.

vice
05-12-2008, 07:00
I was just about to post this.

I think I prefer the green one, original or not. The GD one looks too overdone, they've doubled the horns, doubled the shoulder skulls, doubled the axe...

'Course, doesn't matter, since us convicts don't have a GD anymore, one has to paint a pretty model and go to Sydney.

The Red Scourge
05-12-2008, 07:09
They had to redo it. The old one is very much the 6th ed. look, while the new carries the old-school 7th ed. bling.

Lord Dan
05-12-2008, 07:11
The green one is a model done by Martin Footit (I think...) and was featured in an article about him in WD a while ago. That suggests to me that it's the original.

The green one is undoubtedly superior, and I certainly hope it's one of Martin Footit's. His work is by far some of my favorite from GW.

Krom The Eternal
05-12-2008, 16:26
i think the new one is too flashy the old one looks so much better

bomblu
05-12-2008, 16:44
Probably it's a multi part-kit? or they changed stuff to make it more 'special' :P But if i'm not mistaken the last one is french-painted ie. the NMM...we'll wait and see a propper nice pic when the UK team paints one up :P