PDA

View Full Version : Couldron of blood question

blindingdark
05-12-2008, 13:59
hi all

another quicky, the couldron of blood, very nice toy it is. but the rules seem slightly unclear to me.

it states that the gaurdians can use the abilities from the couldron.

1) is this in addition to the 1 unit per turn or in place of it ?

2) does this affect the hag also ?

3) if yes above, does this mean it affects hellebron ?

4) is it refering to the khainite rule, or the special abilities, or both ?

any help would be appreceiated.

thanks all. :p

Gazak Blacktoof
05-12-2008, 14:05
As I understand it the section that reads, "they may use one of the blessings" refers to them casting that belssing onto a unit.

They could of course "use" the blessing on themselves.

markoman
05-12-2008, 14:07
hi all

another quicky, the couldron of blood, very nice toy it is. but the rules seem slightly unclear to me.

it states that the gaurdians can use the abilities from the couldron.

1) is this in addition to the 1 unit per turn or in place of it ?

2) does this affect the hag also ?

3) if yes above, does this mean it affects hellebron ?

4) is it refering to the khainite rule, or the special abilities, or both ?

any help would be appreceiated.

thanks all. :p

1) In place of it

2) Yes, if you use its ability to grant an effect on the Cauldron itself then it will affect the hag as well.

3) Yes

4) Referring to the Khainite rule in what respect? If you mean it with regards to making khainite units within 12" stubborn, then yes, it will only make units that are Khainite stubborn. The bonus you choose to give from the cauldron, however, can effect any unit (aside from harpies I believe).

blindingdark
05-12-2008, 14:28
As I understand it the section that reads, "they may use one of the blessings" refers to them casting that belssing onto a unit.

the part where it states this is in the section refering to the special rules for the gaurdians, hence the confusion. it states that they can use an ability, but doesnt say in place of another unit, then states below that 1 unit per turn within 24 '' may use the ability.

this implies to me that they may use it AND one unit per turn may gain the benefits, but this seems a little overpowered to me.

) Referring to the Khainite rule in what respect? If you mean it with regards to making khainite units within 12" stubborn, then yes, it will only make units that are Khainite stubborn. The bonus you choose to give from the cauldron, however, can effect any unit (aside from harpies I believe).

in the respect of saying that the gaurdians may use its ability, my question being is it refering to the khainite rule or the COB's 'within 24'' ' rule .

Gazak Blacktoof
05-12-2008, 14:56
You might be right, I've not seen anybody else ask the question before and its not how I'd read it.

markoman
05-12-2008, 15:02
in the respect of saying that the gaurdians may use its ability, my question being is it refering to the khainite rule or the COB's 'within 24'' ' rule .

Yes, the guardians 'may' use the ability, but that would be the 'one unit' that uses the cauldron's rule that turn.

In otherwords, if you want to use the cauldron to grant an ability to the guardians you may not use it on another unit that turn (as it would be affecting more than the one unit it is allowed to affect).

As a side note: The guardians of the cauldron are already Khainite, and thus they are always stubborn as per the rules for the cauldron.

blindingdark
05-12-2008, 15:19
Yes, the guardians 'may' use the ability, but that would be the 'one unit' that uses the cauldron's rule that turn.

this is not the exact wording used in the book, but i do not have it with me (im in work lol)

markoman
05-12-2008, 15:36
this is not the exact wording used in the book, but i do not have it with me (im in work lol)

I don't have it with me either (Also at work :p), but I believe it's pretty clear that only ONE unit may benefit from the cauldron at any given time.