PDA

View Full Version : 1500p Warriors of Choas re-do.

take19
05-12-2008, 17:44
One of my previous armylists was similiar to this one but didnt have enough magic, so I added the sorcerer. What do you think??

Warriors of chaos army list 1497p

Exalted hero 131
Barbed steed
Biting blade
Shield
Mark of slaanesh

5 Knights 200

5 Knights 200

12 Warriors 208
Shields
Champion

12 Warriors 208
Shields

12 Warriors 208
Shields

12 Warriors 208
Shields

Level 2 Sorceror 135
Talisman of protection

Marwynn
05-12-2008, 18:13
I don't think one L2 Sorc with the Talisman of Protection counts as enough magic. If you just want magic defense make him L1 and bring scrolls. But for offense you'll need a lot more than that.

It seems fairly barebones. Not even any hounds to flank and be a general nuisance.

Zorlax7
06-12-2008, 07:05
I agree with Marwynn, I think a lot could be gained if you dropped one of the units of warriors and added some marauders and hounds.

bork da basher
06-12-2008, 07:59
give your exalted champion something to make him more effective in combat, hes pretty dull right now. if your only going for one sorcerer u may aswell keep him lvl 1 and turn him into a scroll caddy because a lone lvl2 isnt going to achieve much at all.

my advice with the rest of your list is to drop 2 units of chaos warriors, add 3 to each remaining unit and give them halberds and shields, dont bother with champions. give your 2 units of knights standards and buy yourself hounds to screen your knights, one or two blocks of marauders and maybe some marauder horsemen if you can squeeze em in.

as it stands the list looks half finished, it has nothing special about it and can literally just march forward and try to make it into combat, your magic phase wont exist and should you face any kind of shooting army by the time they have finished pounding your knights (because u have no hounds) your chaos warriors will still be far enough away to recieve the same punishment. you need to be able to soak up casualties with fodder not just rush a bunch of elite warriors in and hope theres enough of u left to make a dent, there wont be.

Cobrak
07-12-2008, 02:42
just a thought why does it cost you 208 for the unit with a champion and 208 for the ones without as well? just wonderin

take19
07-12-2008, 22:50
Okay, so:

I need to add hounds and marauders.

How many of each? What should they replace?

Oh, the champion bit was a typo, but the champ is there.

Cartoon
09-12-2008, 04:25
Drop the champs on the warriors, drop a unit of warriors, maybe two, and add in some marauder horsemen and hounds. You may also want to think about adding in some regular marauders to screen your warriors as well. Hounds usually run in units of 5 or 6, same with marauder horsemen. Marauders are anywhere between 18 and 24 (usually).

goodz
09-12-2008, 08:14
2x5 Marauder horsemen MoS Flails Light armour = 180 points
2x5 Hounds = 60 points

remove a couple champions one unit of warriors your army is much more competitive

darkelves99
09-12-2008, 08:23
marauders are quite competitive and are easily overlooked, they can be beefed up with flails or mark of khorne,i would maybe get rid of some of the warrior units, and if your going magic one caster is not enough.

cowmaster
09-12-2008, 11:50
What Do You Do With The Fact That Wariors Of Chaos Are Almost Every Time Outnumberd. What Army List Would You Make