PDA

View Full Version : Its cheesey Tuesday's!!

aenarion67
06-12-2008, 06:50
My local hobby centre is running a thing called ":cheese:cheesey:cheese:tuesdays's:cheese:". Preety much every tuesday they invite you to bring in the most cheesed-up and bearded list to the store and game with it. the limit is 1250pts. i'll be taking warriors of chaos to this cheese fest. below is a list i have constructed

Exhalted hero
mark of khorne
juggernaut
sheild
chaos rune sword (230)

Chaos sorcerer
2 scrolls (135)

6 warhounds (36)

6 warhounds (36)

5 maruder horsemen
flails
mark of slaanesh (85)

5 maruder horsemen
flails (75)

6 chaos knights
mark of khorne (270)

6 chaos knights (240)

Chaos warshrine
mark of slaanesh (140)

Please take apart/comment/help me cheesify it some more/shame me for considering it. i promise never to use this cheesed up list again after the cheese fest:angel:

Zorlax7
06-12-2008, 07:10
I have never used the Warshrine, but I think that it may be a little too pricey for a 1250 cheese list. For the same price you can get 20 Marauders with LA and flails with a full command. other than that, looks pretty cheesy, in a good way. :p

Marwynn
06-12-2008, 07:27
I'd drop the 2 doggies and give musicians to the Horsemen. I also don't see the point for the War Shrine in this list. Get MoN on the other Knight unit and the Banner of Rage.

Also remove the individual points costs cause some people are going to complain.

Also if you do drop the War Shrine I'd give the Horsemen MoKs too. Full frontal charging and the Horsemen can dish it out. Spare points for Shields I suppose.

aenarion67
06-12-2008, 08:23
thank you for all those suggestions. i'll redo the list remove the warshrine and think of some goddies. keep the comments up.

Kalec
06-12-2008, 19:26
Cut the shrine, grab a unit of MoK horsemen with flails and light armor, and give MoK to the unmarked horsemen. Cut 2 hounds for musicians. Drop 1 knight from the unmarked unit and give it a musician and standard and give throwing axes or javelins and light armor to the MoS horsemen. Always buy armor for the horsemen over shields since the armor works in combat with flails, the shields don't.

The exalted is too pricey for what he does. Give him a barded steed, enchanted shield, sword of rending, and pour more points into your knights and grab another unit of hounds. Maybe make him your BSB.

aenarion67
07-12-2008, 01:05
here is the new chaos list. please keep commenting and refining my list. thank you. a few minor changes. please continue to improve my list. thank you all.

Exhalted hero
mark of khorne
juggernaut
sheild
chaos rune sword (230)

Chaos sorcerer
2 scrolls (135)

6 warhounds (36)

6 warhounds (36)

5 maruder horsemen
flails
light armour
mark of slaanesh (90)

5 maruder horsemen
light armour
flails (80)

5 maruder horsemen
flails
light armour
mark of khorne (110)

6 chaos knights
mark of khorne
musician (280)

6 chaos knights
musician
(250)

Kalec
07-12-2008, 06:38
Your exalted costs as much as a unit of 5 knights with standard and musician. Is he really worth it?

aenarion67
07-12-2008, 06:51
thanks kalec. that got me thinking about the ammount of points i've spent on a guy on juggernaut. i really like the model. do you think he should go? or is there a way to make a really killer guy on juggernaut. how can i improve and cut down the cost of the exhalted? any comments?

Zorlax7
07-12-2008, 08:35
I would change him to this:

Exalted Hero@170
Halberd, Shield, Armor of Morrslieb, Chaos Steed

Not as killy, but will stick around, and give you 60 points left over. That could give both your knights Standards, or one more knight and 20 pts left over for hounds or whatever.

aenarion67
07-12-2008, 10:16
Thank you for that comment. taking on that advice above i'll keep the jugger but his wargear will change. new list bellow please improve it. i also cut down on some points and also gave mark of nurgle to another unit of knights. please keep the comments comming.
Exhalted hero
mark of khorne
juggernaut
Armour of Morrslieb
Halberd (214)

Chaos sorcerer
2 scrolls (135)

6 Chaos Warhounds (36)

6 Chaos Warhounds (36)

5 maruder horsemen
flails (75)

5 maruder horsemen