PDA

View Full Version : Magic Rules Verification

TomGuadalupe
07-12-2008, 02:40
Based off the BRB rule that states each Wizard can attempt to cast each of his spells only once, i thought that if wizard attempts to cast a spell and fails, that he cannot attempt to cast the same spell again.

Is this the case? Im unsure because i see people all the time attempt to cast the same spell again after its failed to cast previously in the same turn or has been dispelled.

To put it another way, say i have a level 4 wizard who attempts to cast a spell using 2 dice.
Lets say the casting of the spell failed because of bad roll or dispell.
Can the same wizard use 2 more of his dice to cast the same spell again?

SamVimes
07-12-2008, 02:42
Not unless he's using necromantic magic, which allows you to attempt to cast the same spell over and over.

TomGuadalupe
07-12-2008, 02:45
Not unless he's using necromantic magic, which allows you to attempt to cast the same spell over and over.

Ahhh that pesky necromantic magic was exactly that source of my confusion.

Thanks

theunwantedbeing
07-12-2008, 02:50
Note that Gaze of Nagash is not a Necromancy spell.
Also a unit can only be moved by Van Hels once per magic phase.

I've seen that abused so many times......VC players often can't get over the fact of how wonderful things are they they presume anything they misread to be fair, as does their opponent as a lot of things seem all too good to begin with.

Caine Mangakahia
08-12-2008, 01:53
Note that Gaze of Nagash is not a Necromancy spell.
Also a unit can only be affected by Van Hels once per magic phase.

I've seen that abused so many times......VC players often can't get over the fact of how wonderful things are they they presume anything they misread to be fair, as does their opponent as a lot of things seem all too good to begin with.

I think that the description of the spell says that a unit may only be MOVED once by the effects of this spell. They can move 8" once per Magic Phase and then gain the re-roll and strikes first from subsequent castings in the same phase.

Jericho
08-12-2008, 04:43
Correct. You can move and then cast it again for the combat bonuses (assuming the move got you into combat of course).

EvC
08-12-2008, 14:18

I've never seen a VC player do that (I have seen plenty of other mistakes of course). I have seen a TK player incant the same unit to move three times in one phase to charge a Slann, and a Dwarf player try and illegally move a rallied unit with the Anvil of Doom... tut tut, those 6th edition armies eh, such a bunch of naughties...

havoc626
09-12-2008, 00:29

Or incantations of the TK

Geddonight
09-12-2008, 20:40
Hrm... Off the same vein, what if I have a bound item--can I use it and cast the same spell if my wizard also has the spell?

Condottiere
09-12-2008, 20:44
Yes, since they are different sources.