PDA

View Full Version : 500 Point Choas Dwarf Warband

w3rm
07-12-2008, 13:15
Hello, this is my chaos dwarf warband. I plan to make a batrep for it as soon as my bro gets home :).

500 Point Chaos Dwarf Warband

Hero
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer-100
Gear- Level 2

Core
10x Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussiers-110
12x Chaos Dwarf Warriors- 108
10x Hobgoblins Archers- 50
10x Hobgoblins Archers- 50
10x Hobgoblins with Shields and Light armor- 40
10x Hobgoblins with Shields and Light armor- 40

w3rm
07-12-2008, 13:18
The whole point of the 'band it to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. The Hogobs are surprisingly at cc. For 4 pts a model you get 3 ws 3 s 6 ld and a 4+ save in cc!

w3rm
07-12-2008, 14:08
Any Suggestions Would Be Great!

Sclep
07-12-2008, 22:15
I saw this over on chaos-dwarfs.com, however, I don't have an account there so I'll answer here :)

Note: I'm not a gamer. Some day, but not today.

A level 2 sorc seems excessive at this size, and I'm not sure about points effectiveness. I would suggest downgrading it, and using the points to make up for defficiencies elsewhere.

For 30 points you can purchase a bolt thrower (though getting the model is another matter entirely), which would increase your punch significantly.

I was going to argue against the effectivity of hobgob archers, but then compared them to DE xbows in terms of simply shooting, and it seems to balance out. Sure the DE have LA and LD8, but it's easy enough to keep them in the 12" radius of your LD9/10 general, and there are twice as many of them.

On the other hand, while I agree that hardhobs can be very points effective, they won't be winning many combats in kills, and those enemies they can outfight will beat them through static combat res; ie. ranks and banner. Combine the two units, if you can source the points by dropping LvL2 on the Sorc, you could even buy a standard and a musician. That transforms it from +0/1 static combat res (if they take a single wound they have know ranks) to +3/4/5 combat res (ranks, standard, even outnumber), and the same killyness potential. You can use them in tandem with the CD warriors.

Of course, you could totally opt for more shootiness - Your current list still has aspects of combat :chrome:

Without changing your general, you could turn those warriors into another unit of 10 BBs; they're still WS4 T4 5+AS models, and swap both units of LA+shields hobgobs for another unit of archer hobs and a bolt thrower. That would pretty much double your fire power. True, you be 2 points over, and you probably don't have enough firepower to stop the enemy getting to your lines...but then again, I don't play this game. Yet.

Looking at your choices, I would assume your using the BfSP goblin force? In which case, it might be difficult to make said changes.

In that case, apart from lumping the two hobgob units together, there aren't many minor changes I would make...I would suggest at least a command group for the warriors, as they will struggle to win through kills almost as much as hobgoblins. If you want to keep the list similar, drop a magic level on the sorc to free up the points.

Additionally, I don't know what force you're expecting to face.

Good gaming, and make sure to take some slaves!

Sclep

w3rm
07-12-2008, 22:21
You should check out my battle rep I am writing for this army. It will explain alot! And i made a pretty coolio looking boltthrower out of sprue(yes the actuaul sprue) and a part of an empire mortar.

Sclep
07-12-2008, 22:39
Will you post it [the batrep] over on CD online? I'm a big fan of all the stuff you lot do there.

That coversion sounds great; could you tell me more, or post a thread about it at CDonline (or direct me to the thread if you've already done so)?

Sclep

Kalec
08-12-2008, 04:32
Swap the sorcerer for a chaos dwarf hero. The edge in combat and leadership is worth more then negligible magic and a dispel die.

Drop the archers for a unit of bull centaurs. Hard hitting mobility will help your infantry blocks more then some bows that have trouble against anything.

w3rm
10-12-2008, 22:37
Schlep heres the BatRep for you!http://chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3986&pid=63820#pid63820