PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Army Roster - 2000pts

Theunhappystonetroll
07-12-2008, 14:56
Typical - rate my list - post. So, on to the list!
Note: the names of the runes or not given, only their effect.

Lord- 298pts
oathstone, shield
4+ward save
weapon: ignore armor saves, +1 s
+1 armor save

runesmith - 147pts
shield
3 dispel scrolls

Dragon Slayer - 50pts

10 Quarrelers - 125pts
shields
musician

10 thunderers - 155pts
shields
musician

10 thunderers - 155pts
shields
musician

19 hammerers - 302pts
full command
+1 cr banner
shields

19 longbeards - 253 pts
full command
shields

bolt thrower - 60pts
engineer

bolt thrower - 60pts
engineer

cannon - 135pts
engineer
reroll misfire
fires every turn

organ gun - 120pts

copter - 140 pts

I have played a couple of times with this list, made some minor adjustments. The only problem is being outflanked by wolves, terradons, spawns and other nasty things who either use the scenery or stay out of range until they can devour my gunline. As you can see it's mostly a gunline dwarf army, the units protecting the guns.
My lord used to have shield bearers, but I think a stone is better against outflanking units or knights ramming in the side.
As is the slayer, he is used to stall outflanking units or other nasty stuff.

And a final question: most tournaments now are 2250 pts, what should I add?
Some (and I thought about it) say adding a block of miners, others say adding another unit (warriors or equivalent), and some others say adding more quarrelrs.

Opinions?

- the UST

Surgency
07-12-2008, 15:03
I large block of miners is always nice to deal with enemy war machines, or to bring on to shore up your flank, but with a less mobile army like this, they'll be at risk, unless they're on your flank. Conversely, another block of warriors can give you the reserve you need to support either flank, should one side or the other falter.

I myself prefer a large block of giant slayers... they're tough, and they dominate anything they can get into combat with. But it all depends on your playstyle.

Makarion
07-12-2008, 22:38
I'd suggest a smallish unit of miners. They are excellent for capturing table quarters - a notable Dwarf weakness otherwise.

Theunhappystonetroll
08-12-2008, 15:33
ok, I will try this!

thx