PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC - Competetive?

yedee
07-12-2008, 15:01
What do you think about this list? Is it competetive enough to bring it to any tournament?

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch @ 710 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Shield
Sword of Might
Armour of Morrslieb
Collar of Khorne
Word of Agony
Chaos Dragon

Exalted Chaos Champion of Tzeentch @ 199 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Chaos Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer @ 151 Pts
No Mark; Magic Level 1; Chaos Armour; Barding
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Barded Chaos Steed

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Musician

6 Chaos Knights @ 250 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Ensorcered Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Musician

6 Chaos Knights @ 250 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Ensorcered Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Musician

6 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 320 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Barding; Ensorcered Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield;
Standard
Blasted Standard [40]

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 52

Total Army Cost: 2243

The main idea is to hit hard with knights and dragon' warhounds and horsemen job is to screen more valuable units, redirect charges or take care of warmachines. BSB on the disc is here to hunt either warmachines that threaten the lord or get rid of march-blockers and fast enemy units. Ant advice would be welcome!;)

grhino
07-12-2008, 16:42
I think it would actually be effective... gunlines obviously pose a problem, but then again they do so against any chaos army.

Effective combo on the Dragon-riding lord... good against non-magical shooting and magic resistance (2) with total 5+ ward save against other attacks. Love it. Very ingenious....

grhino
07-12-2008, 16:52
I think it would actually be effective... gunlines obviously pose a problem, but then again they do so against any chaos army.

Effective combo on the Dragon-riding lord... good against non-magical shooting and magic resistance (2) with total 5+ ward save against other attacks. Love it. Very ingenious....

Kalec
08-12-2008, 04:41
Mark of slaanesh doesn't do much for knights. Most things that cause terror would butcher them, and Ld 8 fear checks aren't all that bad against only terror-causers anyway.

Dropping MoS from the knights would let you grab them musicians, which help a lot more. Also, you have enough points for another hound, or javelins on a unit of horsemen.

yedee
08-12-2008, 08:17
You are right Kalec - musicians are far superior to mark of slaanesh. I will have to change it. Anything else?

I dont like javelins, this only makes the unit more expensive (yes i know 5pts...) and is absolutely not effective. Id rather take LA.