PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Dark Elves

mr.silly
08-12-2008, 00:04
Heroes
Sorceress - Level 2, Darkstar Cloak, Tome of Furion, Dark Steed = 197 (goes solo)

Master - Crimson Death, Cold One, Heavy Armor, Shield, SD Cloak = 137 (joins CoK)

Core
20 Spearmen - Shields, FC = 155

15 Corsairs, Reaver = 160

10 Repeater Crossbowmen = 100

Special
5 Cold One Knights, Standard = 151

Rare
Repeater Bolt Thrower = 100

Total = 1000

Questions:
-1/3 of my army is in characters... I know this is bad, how can I slim it down without losing effectiveness?

-is 15 corsairs enough?

-is sorceress too vulnerable?

Thanks

Se7en
08-12-2008, 00:31
some dark riders would fit in nice with this list maybe drop the tome on the socr unless there is a spell you really want (chillwind is best at this lvl kill one unit in a shooty unit and they can not fire nex turn!) even drop the cloak to help make points for some riders but if you like your list as it is its pretty good have a game see what works best for you .. go from there

Tzeentch Loyalist
08-12-2008, 00:44
you can't have 2 arcane items on your sorceress. drop one or the other. I made the same mistake when I picked up the old book back in 2000. You need dark riders to protect your sorceress if you are going to put her on a dark steed, Or you could put her in with the cold ones, but if they go stupid then you won't be able to cast spells; not to mention it's a huge points sink. In a 1k size army, you might want to make your sorceress a lv 1 to save points. I'd also just go with a lance on your Master. Cold ones should charge and break the opponent. Hopefully you shouldn't go into multiple rounds with knights.

mr.silly
09-12-2008, 00:36
Thanks for the replies.

Heroes
Master - Lance, Cold One, Heavy Armor, Shield, SD Cloak = 114 (joins CoK)

Sorceress - Level 1, Darkstar Cloak, Dark Steed = 137

Core

15 Corsairs, Reaver = 160

10 Repeater Crossbowmen = 100

Special

Rare
Repeater Bolt Thrower = 100

Total = 917

So i dod some major slimming down in the characters. the infantry are pretty barebones as it is, so left them alone. I now have 83 points to spend. Here are my thoughts
- I could drop 9 points somewhere, and add 5 Dark Riders w/ Musician to secort sorceress
- could drop soceress's steed, put her in an infantry unt (which?) and then by dark riders with musican who arent afraid to flee because of sorceress
- skip out on darkriders and beef up CoK and corsairs
-use points to upgrade bolt thrower to a hydra
- get master a ward save

these all have pros and cons, what are your thoughts?

Tzeentch Loyalist
09-12-2008, 16:58
A terror causing beast at 1k is tough, and your opponent my not like you for it. I'd do it. You could drop the steed and put the sorceress in with the spearmen, give the corsairs a standard and the crossbowmen either shields, champion, or a standard. But it all comes down to what you want to play with. It would definately be a solid list.

mr.silly
09-12-2008, 22:26
Heroes
Master - Lance, Sheild, Cold One, Heavy Armor, SD Cloak = 114 (joins CoK)

Sorceress - Level 1, Darkstar Cloak = 125 (joins spearmen)

Core

15 Corsairs, FC = 175

10 Repeater Crossbowmen, Guardmaster = 105

Special

Rare
War Hydra:evilgrin: = 175

Total = 1000

New list. Which do you think is better, keeping darkstar cloak on sorceress, or dropping it for crimson death or KB lance (name escapes me) ?

Tzeentch Loyalist
10-12-2008, 02:26
If you want an item on your sorceress, then go with a dispel scroll for defense, you have more than enough dice to cast any spell you'll roll up with a level 1.

Who are you going to be facing with this army?

mr.silly
10-12-2008, 03:23
Possible opponents will be skaven, brettonia, high elves, ogres, dwarfs, wood elves, and daemons. A group of my gaming buds are starting fantasy, so I decided to join in.

I guess I can switch a dispel scroll in and out, thing is it isnt really useful on low-casting armies (ogres, dwarfs, bretts) so i can switch it with darkstar cloak when I need.