PDA

View Full Version : 2250 DE with dragon and hydra

backslide
08-12-2008, 04:09
sorting DE lists before I buy them all next week, want them a bit boots on the ground lots of units, and a bit hitty

Level 4 High Sorceress @ 640 Pts
Focus farmilar
Pendant of Khaeleth
Black Dragon

Level 2 Sorceress @ 175 Pts
Dispel Scroll
Tome of Furion

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 100 Pts

18 Black Ark Corsairs @ 230 Pts
Full command
Sea Serpent Standard

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

Cold One Chariot @ 100 Pts

Cold One Chariot @ 100 Pts

6 Cold One Knights @ 226 Pts
champ standard
Banner of slaughter

Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

War Hydra @ 175

8+ casting
5 dispell

unsure of the focus farmilar on the SS, but with it I can put her in combat and still flash magic missiles around, but black staff will prolly be better for her to get her spells off, but to get the points for it will have to drop the magic standard off the cold ones, or make one of the RXB units 15 with command

lists also had a master, but droped it for a hydra, don't like to use up more than 3 character slots with elves

Malorian
08-12-2008, 16:30
I've always liked that set up for a supreme sorceress on a dragon.

Maybe drop a chariot for a unit od spearmen and give the sorceress the dagger to really hit home on the magic phase.

backslide
09-12-2008, 02:20
I wanted to make the army a bit different the dagger is very popular, decided I would rather she had 3 spells to choose from

decided I wanted to stay well away black guard and the obious must take options

may drop the cold ones magic banner and give the SS the black staff

Azanulbizar
09-12-2008, 08:24
You can't have familiar and staff since both are arcane. And that many crossbows are a bit to much, 10 is enough. Take away 20 crossbows and put in 20-30 warriors with full command instead. ( without shields )

backslide
09-12-2008, 09:21
You can't have familiar and staff since both are arcane.

I know, need to drop 30 points to be able to afford the staff

And that many crossbows are a bit to much, 10 is enough. Take away 20 crossbows and put in 20-30 warriors with full command instead. ( without shields )

don't want less than 20, first pick if I droped one would be for a unit of corsairs with hand bows, the models are ace and the unit looks fun to use

why spears without shields? I agree in principle the armu could do with a unit of them, I just love the corsair models

aimbob
09-12-2008, 10:39
30 repeater crossbowmen are very hard to deploy. Sure most of your army is fast and aren't near the delpoymentzone when battle has started but 30 models wide + corsairs. I think you're not getting the most out of all the crossbowmen.

I really suggest Dark riders, they fit your army well.

drop 2 units crossbowmen and take 5 dark riders and with points spare you can fix the rest.

Azanulbizar
09-12-2008, 11:42
30 warriors with a Sorceress armed with sacreficial dagger is not a good omen to any opponent, and no shields is so that you don't lose more pts than you need when using it. ;)

backslide
10-12-2008, 00:26
yes the dagger is fine, but I wanted to stay away from the normal combos hence no black guard either

backslide
16-12-2008, 10:09
any more thoughts guys?

just got the cold ones dam they are nice models!