PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Stunties

AFoolProofPlan
09-12-2008, 10:47
I think it's about time I did something with my Stunties again.
The usual deal. Any comment or critique would be nice. Thanks in advance

Thane - 146 pts
GW, Shield, RoSnorri, RoFury, MroKragg, RoStone

Runesmith - 131 pts
GW, Shield, MroBallance, RoStone

20 Warriors - 205 pts
Shield, Standard, Musician, Champion

20 Warriors - 205 pts

15 Warriors - 150 pts
Shield, Standard, Musician

10 Quarellers - 130 pts
GW

15 Ironbreakers - 238 pts
Standard, Musician, RoStoicism

Bolt Thrower - 85 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating

Bolt Thrower - 90 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating, RoBurning

Organ Gun - 120 pts

1500 pts
I may have added wrong...

Malorian
09-12-2008, 14:32
I don't think that ironbreakers are worth it. I used to think they were the best thing ever (2+ in combat woohoo!!!) but then I realized that regular warriors were about half the cost and still had a 3+ save.

I'd drop the iron breakers, boost the warrior units to 25 strong, and then get a unit of thunderers or quarellers.

AFoolProofPlan
09-12-2008, 19:41
Sure, I'll give that a try. Now that I have enough models, I can actually try things out!
Although, I do like S4 on Ironbreakers...

Malorian
09-12-2008, 19:45
Dwarfs win by static res, not through kills.

I like to use a unit of hammerers with my lord, but it's not for the str 6 (infact I've never used their great weapons and have always used a shield instead) it's for the stubborn and immune to fear and terror.

In 1500 though there's no room for a unit like that.

madival
09-12-2008, 20:14
I would drop the iron breakers just for a unit of longbeards to increase your battle lines resilients towards the dice gods wraith

bork da basher
09-12-2008, 21:22
i really love ironbreakers and find them worth their points, there might not seem like a big differance between a 2+ save and a 3+ but there is and its saved my bacon more than a few times. its preferance really but i find them a really tough nut to crack.

AFoolProofPlan
09-12-2008, 23:23
I love the Ironbreakers as well. I've used them in every game I played, and it's about time I tried playing without them, just to see what would happen.

Thane - 146 pts
GW, Shield, RoSnorri, RoFury, MroKragg, RoStone

Runesmith - 131 pts
GW, Shield, MroBallance, RoStone

24 Warriors - 241 pts

24 Warriors - 241 pts

25 Warriors - 240 pts
Shield, Standard, Musician

10 Quarellers - 130 pts
GW

Bolt Thrower - 85 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating

Bolt Thrower - 90 pts
Engineer, RoPenetrating, RoBurning

Organ Gun - 120 pts

1424 pts

76 pts left to play around with

madival
09-12-2008, 23:25
gonna say it again. Make the 25 man unit long beards so its more difficult to break your guys if **** doesnt go their way.

AFoolProofPlan
09-12-2008, 23:30
Long beards only help Panic not Break test.
And my opponents shooting capabilities are least of my worries

Malorian
10-12-2008, 17:45
Like the new list, and with the extra points I'd try and squeeze in another unit of quarrellers (no great weapons). You could cut points by dropping the champs from the units, and maybe even dropping the great weapons from the other quarellers.

Stuffburger
10-12-2008, 17:58
First, I'd like to thank you behalf of every warhammer player for not making yet another gunline.

My opinion is that not only are the Ironbreakers worth it, they are somewhat undercosted (by maybe a point). Admittedly this is coming from a mainly O&G player with little cavalry and no giant or trolls so maybe the 2+ to the front in CC is scarier than it should be.

The extra points to me say grudge thrower or miners.

Slayerthane
10-12-2008, 19:16
I would turn the second unit of 24 warriors into a unit of 24 longbeards, since longbeards are str4 and ws5, and you're just going to be using Hw and shields anyway. If you want to boost their CR give them rune of battle on their standard for 25pts which is cheaper than a rank of warriors at 45pts.

The third unit of warriors I'd switch for ironbreakers since I'm a big fan of those too. That will give you about 15 ironbreakers with command. I would drop great weapons from the quarrelers and use the 76 points to beef up that unit so that if they do get stuck in combat, which they will, they have some CR to win a fight.

Alternatively you could get a unit of slayers instead of the ironbreakers and have the whole first rank be giantslayers since they're the only ones who kill stuff and they could anchor a flank.

AFoolProofPlan
10-12-2008, 21:04
I'd like to keep the champs in on the 2 units. Those to units are going to hold my characters, and they'll act like an additional wound if I ever run into Scary things.
So I can't get the extra unit of Quarrellers. Only reason the Quarrellers have GW is for charging in on flanks. My friend always seems to ignore my Quarrellers. So I thought I'd try this trick once.
I'll give longbeards, or the Slayers a chance.