View Full Version : 2250 WOC army.. an odd mix

athamas
09-12-2008, 22:23
Scorcerer Lord of Nurgle
lv 4, Deamon sword, Demonic mount, E. Shield, Word of agony

Exalted hero of Khorne
shield, Juggernaught, halbered,

Scorcerer of Tzeentch
Lv 2, Disk of Tzeentch, Infernal puppet, Talisman of protection, Blood curdling roar

Scorcerer of Tzeentch
Lv 2, Disk of Tzeentch, Blood of Tzeentch, Bronze armour of Zhrakk, 3rd eye

10 marauder horsemen,
MoN, spears, Light armour, Shield, Full comand

5 marauder horsemen
Mok, flails

5 marauder horsemen
Mok, flails

6 Chaos knights
MoN, Full comand, banner of rage,

3 Dragon ogres
GW

5 chaos hounds 30
5 chaos hounds 30
5 chaos hounds 30
5 chaos hounds 30

Total 2245

PD 10
DD 6

Lord goes with the 10 man marauder unit, other characters run around free...
The lvl 2 with the armour hides behind hounds ect.. and will not have to worry about fleeing..

any suggestions?

athamas
10-12-2008, 23:24
anyone...?

Zorlax7
11-12-2008, 00:01
Feels like its lacking a real core. I have seen all cav armies do okay, but this list seems too mixed to work as is. You should try and focus more on one aspect that trying to be both magic and all mounted. I just dont see how this will work. You have over 1100pts in characters, a little over the top IMO. If you really feel they are needed, then I would say you should switch to a static CR style list. As it stands there is no way for your heroes to be really effective. And having your characters run around by themselves is never really a good idea, the ones on the disk can get away with it, but the juggie seems like a waste on his own.

athamas
11-12-2008, 00:30
hmmm i agree with you...

untill recently the lord was a nurgle hero simular to the jugger.. [who i like because of the cool model..]

im happy to go back to him, i just dont know what to do about magic.. [i would be tempted to take 2 juggers and 1 nurgle hero but then i have no magic deffence... and i really should have some... ]

Zorlax7
11-12-2008, 02:29
I would say; Drop the juggie (I agree the model kicks ass), and just give him a steed. Put him in with the knights. This means you can also drop the MoK. Drop the sword off your lord, its not worth it for him. I dont think the lord is really worth it at all, but if you have to have him them with the changes I have suggested you now have 99 pts left. you can drop a unit of hounds and get another unit of Mok Horsemen. All-in-all I would suggest you redo the whole list with just one focus, but who knows, this list might work for you.

But 53 models at 2250pts, when 20 of them are hounds, is really getting a little too small IMO.