PDA

View Full Version : Waywatcher Deployment

Anaris
10-12-2008, 11:56
Given the special rules for Waywatcher deployment, is there anything that stops me placing the unit 3" behind my opponents battle line (assuming they are out of line of sight of course)?

DeathlessDraich
10-12-2008, 12:17
Yes, they must still be in terrain of some sort IIRC.

Atrahasis
10-12-2008, 12:22
If deployed close, then Waywatchers must satisfy all the normal rules for Scouts (except the 10" buffer of course), which means they must be out of sight and in or behind terrain.

Nuada
10-12-2008, 12:33
You can also deploy them in the open and in line of sight as well, as long as they are 12" away from enemy. So yes, you can deploy them in the enemy deployment zone

Chicago Slim
10-12-2008, 12:41
Nuada's got it: they can be placed either by the normal scouts rules, without the 10" buffer, OR they can be placed in full sight, but at least 12" away from all enemies.

Personally, I never place them in the enemy deployment zone, mostly as a matter of personal preference (I grew up in a world where the rules clearly stated that nobody ever gets to deploy in the enemy deployment zone, ever, and while this rule was eliminated from 7th Ed, my old habits die hard...)

Of course, if your opponent makes reasonable use of his own deployment zone, he can easily make it impossible for your waywatchers to set up there, by leaving no place that isn't within 12" of his troops. So, it's sort of his look-out.

Even if he does, though, your waywatchers are likely to be sort of smashed up against the edge of the board-- not necessarily a great place to be, actually.

Anaris
11-12-2008, 10:43
Cool, cheers all.